Poll: Do rogues need changed in the current state of pvp?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    And I like how you talk about nothing but buffs acting like you know whats going on with rogues then are suddenly clueless...

Nerfing feint is pretty massive to pvp and pve, the cd nerf means it's not even a viable alternative 6min cd for chance it may save you in pvp sounds great...

The slow nerfs are pretty big deal since no one else got nerfs (means rogues will have the worst slows in the game) and outside of sub, rogue mobility is trash tier.

And any "dmg buffs" will be heavily negated in pvp where we lose 50-55% of our agi and our abilities are nerfed on top of this...

Assassination gets a cc it never should have lost but we get other nerfs to all specs in it's place great design like the rogue pvp templates...

Overall rogues will be worse in pvp in 7.1.5 than 7.1 until the template nerfs are undone some and the 7.1.5 nerfs completely undone the class will be worse come patch in pvp.

Tldr: the class with the lowest dmg/survival/hp is getting even worse survival and nerfed utility while the need nothing but buffs at this point.
    This is exactly my point.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah, so you were the FotM for several years and now you are not. The sky is falling....and I have no sympathy
    Though short, there's so much wrong with this post I almost literally can't even.
    - Just because a class was fotm in the past doesn't mean it deserves to be weak now.
    - While rogue has often been strong it definitly hasn't always been fotm, it also had it's downsides aswell (early TBC and MoP, for example and we definitly weren't fotm during WotLK either).
    - When was the last time druid had all 3 of their specs underperforming? Not counting Guardian since tank specs in general have rarely been good in rated. So with your logic, druid is well overdue to be shit tier

OT: I think a big problem is that rogue has received some general nerfs to the class while Assa was the only spec still performing well. Sub really didn't need the second batch of stam/agi nerfs. As for actual buffs, Assa is getting blind back, which is definitly big.

Best part about rogue PvP is Sub main combo point finisher is dispellable and every time it ticks it slaps the target with a wet noodle just to let them know you're still in the game.

Also, every class in the game has a stun now so everything is DR'd with our cheap shot spam.

Bring back gouge to be baseline, pls?

Some are probably stealthed. Hard to get a correct count.

I'm sorry, had to.
    Last edited by Hellrime; 2016-12-12 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Class populations have never been balanced with each other though. I am not saying that rogues are not in a very poor place in pvp but don't you need to normalize this?
    I did the math last week, and rogue is by far the most underrepresented.
    (src) i can't post any links on mmo yet, but just look at the wow rogue forums, topic id# 20752408713

Of everyone above 2k, these are the percentage breakdowns for those projected to get gladiator (as of last week)
    rog 15.10%
    dh 17.72%
    war 17.91%
    monk 19.62%
    mage 22.90%
    dk 23.46%
    priest 23.48%
    sham 24.77%
    lock 26.46%
    pal 26.51%
    druid 28.41%
    hunt 31.33%
    Total 23.71%

I haven't had the time to do the math again as of this week, but it managed to get even worse

As of today there are about 15 Rogues in the US projected to get gladiator. Less than 2% of gladiators will be rogues. About 10-11% of gladiators will be frost DKs. That's comparing an entire class to a single spec of a class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Discostick View Post
    Best part about rogue PvP is Sub main combo point finisher is dispellable and every time it ticks it slaps the target with a wet noodle just to let them know you're still in the game.
    Don't forget it's also your main slow. But I dunno, I quite like the fact that Rets get a talent specifically created to make Assassination Rogues a non-factor.

Deleted
    Don't forget, rogues were great before the nerfs. So the a big portion of the high rated rogues are just sitting rating from early in the season.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefsupreme View Post
    Don't forget, rogues were great before the nerfs. So the a big portion of the high rated rogues are just sitting rating from early in the season.
    this. this. this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by belky View Post
    I did the math last week, and rogue is by far the most underrepresented.
    (src) i can't post any links on mmo yet, but just look at the wow rogue forums, topic id# 20752408713

Of everyone above 2k, these are the percentage breakdowns for those projected to get gladiator (as of last week)
    rog 15.10%
    dh 17.72%
    war 17.91%
    monk 19.62%
    mage 22.90%
    dk 23.46%
    priest 23.48%
    sham 24.77%
    lock 26.46%
    pal 26.51%
    druid 28.41%
    hunt 31.33%
    Total 23.71%

I haven't had the time to do the math again as of this week, but it managed to get even worse

As of today there are about 15 Rogues in the US projected to get gladiator. Less than 2% of gladiators will be rogues. About 10-11% of gladiators will be frost DKs. That's comparing an entire class to a single spec of a class.
    Thank god someone has some sense.

Pshero still bitting the other 96% btw

I think if everything would be balanced arround the current state of Rogues pvp might would become good again.
    Current DMG output of some classes is a joke.

But what bothers me the most is that they let the Season end while some classes are FOTM #faceroll Challengers looting first Rank 1. While other Classes (Rogues for example), and some speccs from other classes ain't able to even compete for glad.

Why allow people geting free Gladiator/Rank1 while some classes don't even get the chance? (This has always been the issue not just now).

Feint Suggetions;

Instead of increasing the Energy costs, maybe nerf the reduce dmg% from 30 to 20 but make it passive.
    OR
    Increase the Engery costs but also increase the duration to 30sec maybe? So you don't NEED to spam it every 2-3 seconds or you end up cautgh in a stun with feint running out and die from 100 to 0 in a global.

[QUOTE=Miyukix;43747548]

Feint Suggetions;

Instead of increasing the Energy costs, maybe nerf the reduce dmg% from 30 to 20 but make it passive.
    OR
    Increase the Engery costs but also increase the duration to 30sec maybe? So you don't NEED to spam it every 2

This! I would happily take a 35 cost Feint if it lasted even 10 seconds

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Miyukix;43747548]
    Feint Suggetions;

OR
    Increase the Engery costs but also increase the duration to 30sec maybe? So you don't NEED to spam it every 2This!

I would happily take the 35 cost feint if it would last 10 seconds even!

- - - Updated - - -

I would happily take a 35 cost Feint if it lasted even 10 seconds

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would really like to see blizzard see this.

Deleted
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...es-december-13

They just increased Assassination and Outlaw Agility by 5% again, it's not much but it's better than nothing I guess.

Monks don't care. We are never represented. Also, your link is broken.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Monks don't care. We are never represented. Also, your link is broken.
    the websites down cause the season just came out.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    no, melee are allready way too strong right now in pvp, just rogues are one of the lesser ones strength wise
    to beat a rogue, dk, pally, or monk, as an lock, they really need to fuck up, because they can just stun silence interupt me and burst me down in 2 seconds, before i can do shit
    specially when warlocks fear, and stun have cast times... our cc even has fucking cast times
    I'm so happy with the current monk/dk nerf. a 5% buff is no where near as what rogues should be at.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flerp View Post
    Don't forget the Feint and slow nerfs next patch which should make things even worse.

I won't pretend I'm an expert on game balance or game design or whatever but the fact that some classes have 3 viable specs while Rogues barely have one really shouldn't be something you shrug off with "we'll see what we can do in the next major patch in a few months, it requires too many big changes to be fixable right now".

Cheapshot/kidney need to be off dr..

Quote Originally Posted by Romarii View Post
    I'm so happy with the current monk/dk nerf. a 5% buff is no where near as what rogues should be at.
    The dk and monk nerfs did next to nothing..

Dk's already had +20% hp on there template - 10% still leaves them with more than everyone else wtf kind of nerf was that for spec that's more crazy than prenerf assassination. As for monk's strike of the windlord was only a 10% nerf and fists was a buff. So monks buffed more than nerfed....
    Last edited by Wow; 2016-12-16 at 01:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues were carried for 2 expansions by Burst of Speed.

Now that its gone, Rogues are sorely lacking in the mobility department, and stealth opening is extremely weak atm. Rogues don't have anything that any of the other melee don't, and the other melee have things rogues don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    The dk and monk nerfs did next to nothing..

Dk's already had +20% hp on there template - 10% still leaves them with more than everyone else wtf kind of nerf was that for spec that's more crazy than prenerf assassination. As for monk's strike of the windlord was only a 10% nerf and fists was a buff. So monks buffed more than nerfed....

Yeah monks and dks are still over powered and shit destroying everything in their path..

Deleted
    Mentioned by someone on page before.

Cheapshot/kidney need to be off dr..[/QUOTE]

Please never apply to design for this game, terrible terrible idea.