Thread: Low dps in M+

Low dps in M+

I am a ilvl 867 fire mage, trying to push for M+10. and i read all the guides from icy-veins and altertime, and gear properly, so i think my burst/reg rotation and all is fine, I am doing fine in raids too. But in m+ where we are rushing for time, and always moving my dps seems to go down drastically. (like 200k-250K for trash packs that is around 3-6 mobs). I try to combust on the first pull (usually big). but sometimes it's just so hard to juggle when to ROP and when to use PF and when to save them.

Is there a guide/stream for firemage doing high-end M+? I can't seems to find it anywhere. Any tips are also welcome !

Your DPS cd's need to be used constantly. Usually in dungeons they're held for bosses, but you're going to want to use RoP on CD. Save some PF and FBlast's for it.

I like to use FS and DB on packs of 4 or more. Always apply LB to the mob with the lowest health. Also, I constantly pop potions of prolonged power throughout m+. They're cheap and provide some extra DPS for a minute.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...3#post42670683

Read the part about the BRH Mythic run and the Flamestrike rotation

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't even know it was possible to get invited to an M+10 group at 867, I struggle to get into +7 groups at 870.

Anyway back to topic - are you using Living Bomb every time it's off CD and using Flamestrike for HS procs when there are 4+ mobs? Make sure you're using RoP whenever it's off cooldown, unless you're 1 pull before a boss. Movement shouldn't be to big of an issue with Ice Floes + Shimmer.

Crit+Mastery gear is also helpful since ignite will make up a huge chunk of your damage (if not the majority) on M+ trash.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2016-12-12 at 07:36 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Use prolonged power BEFORE a pull, so the CD starts immediately.

On 3 adds or more, cast LB then RoP then PF, FB, FS, PF, FB, FS then DB then LB again.

For extra dps you can blow your Flame on for an extra Flamestrike via LB, ROP, PF, FB, FS, PF, FB, FS, PF, Flame on, FB, FS then DB and LB again.

On the OH SHIT pulls (many many whelps) where you need things to die asap, after you cast LB and ROP, blow your Combustion.

Usually you save your combustion on the priority adds such as the torment spirits in Arcway, especially on +10 levels, with your regular combustion burn (pyro rotation not Flamestrike!)

For talents, don't use the conflag talent, use the 8% Heat up proc talent (Pyromaniac?) so you can fit in an extra FS when it procs. Also helps on the boss fights for max dps with Pyroblast.

Time your cooldowns well when you're coming up towards the boss(eg, don't use ROP or Combustion and save at least 2 PF and your Flame on). Not blowing cooldowns on the last pull of trash is what I usually do so I'm ready for the boss fight.
    Last edited by sosaria; 2016-12-12 at 05:14 AM.