Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    I ran AMR sims also and got the below values. I'm 883 equipped but only 32 traits and missing 1 KC/JoT relic.

Stable/KC - 381637 (standard combo)
    Stable/Aotb - 391873
    Way/Aotb - 398239 (highest sim combo)
    Way/KC - 384604

I'm quite surprised by this also, however as I'm missing a KC focused relic and don't have the legendary belt it would make sense I guess? I'll try the Way/AOTB combo over the weekend and see how it plays out. Although I enjoy the killer cobra talent.
    AMR sims are vastly different than running Simcraft. If you just want a quick sim use AMR. But if you're splitting hairs between 500 dps then use simcraft.
    Last edited by Tharkkun; 2017-01-13 at 08:43 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    Does that mean that Bestial Fury is now better than blink strikes? I can see it being true on Patchwerk but when it comes to movement, Blink Strikes saves my ass because pets still attack my target (see: Ursoc mythic)
    Do note that these sims were for my character with the shoulder legendary, a ton of mastery, three KC relics and specific talent setup. I believe messing with talents a little bit is enough to make Blink Strikes outright better than Bestial Fury, so I'm sure that anything in the way will already make it better than Bestial Fury.

Maybe having the shoulders, the belt and the set will make Bestial Fury a lot stronger than Blink Strikes, however.

@Zuuda So one of our power user features, very nice The idea is to make everything editable on the wiki, which is what I guess you were trying to do (and you might have already done steps 1 and 2 below).

1. Clone the database. When looking at a spell, on the far left there's the 2 drop down menus, right under it is a blue clone link. Click that.
    2. Click edit on Aspect of the beast.
    3. Under general, you'll see the damage formula. Then 'crit multiplier' then 'extra crit multiplier' then 'crit chance' - set the crit chance to 0. (see picture)

I'm also sending this info to our theorycrafter and have him run a quick test in game then update that on the main site. So thanks for letting me know, I really appreciate that. Edit: he actually left it in the crit because it appears to be a bug in game. However, he'll update it to NOT crit until we know for SURE that it's a bug in game. That update will be out tonight.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Tharkkun Mind taking a minute to let me know why you think the AMR simulator can't split DPS hairs? I'm here to listen

IF you're referring to the margin of error, that is customizable on AMR. On the right side of the sim setup page, there is a 'more options' section. It's the first option.
    Last edited by Zoopercat; 2017-01-14 at 12:42 AM.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

I'm guessing with the new changes that OWTP/Aspect is going to be even better now.

I'm still trying to figure out how you guys are seeing better results with aspect. Admittedly I had belt equipped when I dummy tested but I didn't see any way aspect could compete with kc :/ Are any of you getting actual better results ingame not just on sims?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyranna View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how you guys are seeing better results with aspect. Admittedly I had belt equipped when I dummy tested but I didn't see any way aspect could compete with kc :/ Are any of you getting actual better results ingame not just on sims?
    You didn't bother reading the thread, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuuda View Post
    You didn't bother reading the thread, amirite?
    I read it and like I said I'm still not seeing how they are getting the results they are getting. So take your snark elsewhere, thanks

Lots of talk about sims which you don't even know if they are functioning correctly or if you are using it correctly, but is it actually performing better on a live character against either a dummy or sustained mobs.
    Last edited by Feyranna; 2017-01-15 at 02:37 AM.

Deleted
    Then you would have read how the talk is centered bout sims, and how AMR had Aspect doing crits while in-game the skill does not.

The fixes Zoopercat mentioned are in. AMR no longer has Aspect doing crits, but the numbers have gone up which is puzzling. I am shown 431k with Dire Stable and Killer cobra and 446k with Way of the Cobra and Aspect of the Beast which differs from my first page numbers. I think the hotfixes were already implemented despite them only coming next week, and despite the removal of the crit chance from Aspect it still favors that talent? Kind of weird. I'm not seeing how doing less Cobra Shots and KCs is an improvement considering the hotfixes revolve around those skills if that's the case.

I'm guessing that Aspect doesn't crit because the damage is already based off Kill Command's crit chance. If the dot also crit it would be double-dipping.

This is another example people trust simc more than AMR.

AMR is nice for advise on relic/trinket upgrade, it show you who drop it.

Can confirm that way of the cobra nad aspect of the beast is a dps boost if you have the gear and legendary. I have boots and shoulder and it is a nice boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuuda View Post
    Then you would have read how the talk is centered bout sims, and how AMR had Aspect doing crits while in-game the skill does not.

The fixes Zoopercat mentioned are in. AMR no longer has Aspect doing crits, but the numbers have gone up which is puzzling. I am shown 431k with Dire Stable and Killer cobra and 446k with Way of the Cobra and Aspect of the Beast which differs from my first page numbers. I think the hotfixes were already implemented despite them only coming next week, and despite the removal of the crit chance from Aspect it still favors that talent? Kind of weird. I'm not seeing how doing less Cobra Shots and KCs is an improvement considering the hotfixes revolve around those skills if that's the case.
    Same, My dps increases from 469 to 479. It doesnt make much sense as I've already tested those talents and they give me similar results to what simc is telling me.

edit: Curiously , its not aspect that it is giving me the increase to damage but way of the cobra. KC and AotB give me the exact same dps.

Edit2: After testing around with talents, the best single target combination I got was : Way of the cobra - Dire Frenzy - Bestial Fury - Crows and killer cobra for 493k damage. I am going to dummy this and see I can get close to it.
    Last edited by Sabinn; 2017-01-16 at 05:49 AM.

I got the new shoulders over the weekend, I didn't try Way/Aotb at all but I can say the shoulders are incredible. The uptime of BW is crazy and the additional focus from dire stable is noticeable also during killer cobra spams.

Simming this morning I'm seeing;
    DS/KC - 423871
    Way/Aotb - 436563

So 12,692 dps difference now in favour of Way/Aotb, I'm gona run that combo in this weeks farm raids and see how it plays out in a real environment.

ok So with the buffs on I went in to test the single target capacities of : way of the cobra , dire frenzy bestial fury and killer cobra which askmrrobot tells me is by far my best single target talent.

Then I pugged a normal EN to test it.
    Right of the bat I could get a 1.4 m burst on heroism pulls , which is 400k higher then the overall talents we've been using.
    Nythendra - 540k dps
    Ursoc - 640k dps
    Cenarius - 738k dps.
    I was on a party of 7/7m filled with paladins, demon hunter shadow priests warlocks and a few mm's. I've topped every single target fight but could not compete on Aoe fights ( Dragons, Eye and Xavius) So I'm guessing for some fights Blink strike is a safe bet so is stomp.

Having Dire frenzy and way of the cobra though increased my waiting time and decreased my APM overall ( since I need to wait for dire frenzy procs).

I also tested Aspect of the beast but I didnt like that talent over Killer cobra probably because of the belt, but it wasnt that far behind ( the waiting time got even higher though).

Quote Originally Posted by Sabinn View Post
    ok So with the buffs on I went in to test the single target capacities of : way of the cobra , dire frenzy bestial fury and killer cobra which askmrrobot tells me is by far my best single target talent.
    Maybe I'm missing something but why would you pair Dire Frenzy with Way of the Cobra?

Out of the 3 talents , way of the cobra is giving me a dps increase even with dire frenzy. I'm guessing thats the result of the 46% buff to it.