Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Stallion, you might want to make some edits to your wago description:

Firstly, "if the next Devastator auto attack would occur x seconds" - it's after x times your GCD, not in seconds

The optimal time to wait for rage is actually about 0.57*GCD, but 0.9999*GCD is best for shield block uptime.

I don't really recommend using 0.3 - imo if you need the survivability then just use the proper time to wait, if you don't then just cast straight away, for dps, unless the time to wait is very very small (which you can see with your WA - you currently cannot see it with mine, though I have a few ideas about how to improve mine)
    Macrologia (expert on Protection Warrior and Guardian Druid)

Skyhold

Dreamgrove

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it possible to have progress on that aura? It would allow faster reaction, I guess. There's duration lua function there, but I can't make it work.

Deleted
    I've posted an idea I had regarding a different way to approach devastator, as a new forum post.
    It's partially related to this but I just didn't feel it belongs here.

Find under "7-1-5-Prot-warrior-devastator-new-approach-idea-(discussion-not-solution)"

Quote Originally Posted by Lysozyme View Post
    Stallion, you might want to make some edits to your wago description:

Firstly, "if the next Devastator auto attack would occur x seconds" - it's after x times your GCD, not in seconds

The optimal time to wait for rage is actually about 0.57*GCD, but 0.9999*GCD is best for shield block uptime.
    Thanks for the heads-up. I changed the description.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysozyme View Post
    I don't really recommend using 0.3 - imo if you need the survivability then just use the proper time to wait, if you don't then just cast straight away, for dps, unless the time to wait is very very small (which you can see with your WA - you currently cannot see it with mine, though I have a few ideas about how to improve mine)
    Isn't 0.3*gcd (should be 0.3s if Deja Character stats is right about my gcd being 1s) a "very very small" time to wait already? At least that was my intention when I chose it. Would I even have to set it to something like 0.1s for maximum dps? Is Simcraft finally working for Prot Warrior or where did you get the 0.57 for max rage and 0.9999 for max shield block uptime from? Would love to see the math/reasoning behind that.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post44124013

sims are sort of working, we're getting there
    Macrologia (expert on Protection Warrior and Guardian Druid)

Skyhold

Dreamgrove

Quote Originally Posted by Protozoid View Post
    Hello comrades in arms,

Prot warrior since early wotlk here, predominantly running M+ and striving for perfection.

I'd like to know how you fellow warriors deal with devastator, especially in terms of how you track your swing timers?

I know of that WA, but given the lower hp pool as well as the more dynamical play (imo), it's a lot harder to keep looking at that WA or any other swing timer.

First of all, I'm running with gloves+bracers legendary combo, renewed fury/best served cold, vengeance and HR. I feel like vengeance works absolutely fantastic with devastator because of the more rage we get at the trade of hp pool and bigger IP from indom, while adding the defensive aspect to revenge, which is key for our survival given the aforementioned reason. I prefer HR over the others because on longer fights I think it beast the ravager parry and because I prefer to have another def cd, and taking AM without booming voice is meh.

What I mean by "more dynamical play", is that especially on big packs, I find myself having to manage my SB uptime (easy by now, it's ingrained), weave through my vengeance (for which what I tend to do is start with IP, get that revenge in and try to get the next IP asap so that next revenge is brainless and IP is always required), track gloves proc to maximise rage and dps for TC and SB and watch for all the mechanics, which is key in higher M+ (e.g the monster pulls in MoS)

I think if I scratch my brain I could find a few more things to add to the list of what we have to keep an eye on. I know tracking your swing timer should be in that list, somewhere at the top, but as of now, I haven't found a way to track efficiently, so how do you all do it? (just the WA? sound ques?)

Cheers,

Protozoid-Silvermoon
    Aye bro!

Just out of curiosity being that you're a mythic+ guy you have great legendaries for a Best Served Cold, Devastator, Booming Voice, Anger Management build. The DPS is insane even after the nerf before the nerf it was ludicrous! even still I have no problems with this build pulling 1-1.5 million dps pulls of 5-8. The insane amount of rage spending allows these bracers to keep you pretty healed up. I happen to have the Ring which means shield wall is available pretty consistently when taking Anger Management between that and the healing from bracers it's OP. If you haven't tried this build, I strongly recommend it. I think it's the best for Mythic+ providing there's no bolstering affix. The extra damage really trivialized Skittish and I would see the same thing being true for Necrotic as well I could only imagine the DPS from Gloves on top of it all being SICK!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twittch View Post
    Aye bro!

Just out of curiosity being that you're a mythic+ guy you have great legendaries for a Best Served Cold, Devastator, Booming Voice, Anger Management build. The DPS is insane even after the nerf before the nerf it was ludicrous! even still I have no problems with this build pulling 1-1.5 million dps pulls of 5-8. The insane amount of rage spending allows these bracers to keep you pretty healed up. I happen to have the Ring which means shield wall is available pretty consistently when taking Anger Management between that and the healing from bracers it's OP. If you haven't tried this build, I strongly recommend it. I think it's the best for Mythic+ providing there's no bolstering affix. The extra damage really trivialized Skittish and I would see the same thing being true for Necrotic as well I could only imagine the DPS from Gloves on top of it all being SICK!
    Hey fella,

That's exactly the build that I'm running now, after playing around. Deffo recommend it!

Absolutely most efficient M+ build imo, because of the low CD on BC (about 20-25s) and low CDs on SW and LS (about 2 min and 1.5mins).
    These help tremendously, got a CD for almost every pull, which allows me to pull bigger.
    Also, AM is the strongest talent for M+ imo because on big pulls, you take instant spike dmg, which can one-shot you since we're no longer running Indom.

Can use BC twice during a hero, which is nice. Also, on big pulls, e.g the monster pull at the start of MoS, I'm pulling about 2.5 - 3.5 mil dps.

Also, since I don't have HR anymore, I save the artefact ability for desperate cases where not blocking for ~2 sec is painful.

This is one of my best parses

warcraftlogs.com/rankings/9#boss=11501&metric=dps&class=Tanks&keystone=15
    Last edited by mmocc52db42425; 2017-01-19 at 11:59 PM.

I'm sure its already been linked, but theres a weak auras for this and its amazing, though i suck at it normally cause theres too much to focus on