What's the point of the PTR ?

If they just do changes willy nilly for classes, what's the point of designing changes for 2months on the PTR ? Why don't they just change everything live to test it because they obviously don't test it on the PTR, I mean how can you even miss a spell that is (supposedly) 40% too strong ?

Do they just change a value at the start of the PTR, go back to jerking off and then when it's live look at it ?

I'm not complaining about the nerf to Blooddrinker specifically, i'm complaining about these hotfixes that change game balance 2days after a 2months PTR (even though the fact that they nerfed Heartbreaker to make Blooddrinker competitive then nerfed Blooddrinker to shit, nerfing us even though we're not that great makes them look like stupid devs that just change things at random)

Do they truly have no idea what they're doing with their game ?

Deleted
    I'm baffled at these changes.

For how long have mages been telling devs that Flamestrike is doing higher damage on single target and should be nerfed? 7.1.5 comes out just like that, 3 days later, nerf.

WHY DON'T YOU LISTEN BLIZZARD?!?!?!?!

I can understand hotfixes to things that are new, that didn't came up before and they need fixing, but I don't get how can these many changes slip.
    Last edited by mmoc76053cf4df; 2017-01-14 at 02:39 PM.

Deleted
    Blooddrinker nerf is obv. warranted, but they should have increased damage on other abilities to compensate, because single target damage of blood sucks.

Deleted
    The PTR is there, mainly, for bugs. Not for balancing, that's a secondary thing. Balancing in PTR is for heavy outliners. Fine tuning balance comes with live data.
    Now you know.

Yes, the PTR is almost entirely for finding bugs, glitches, and exploits. It's not for receiving feedback on tuning or class changes, as they push builds that are far behind what they're working on so it's almost always irrelevant to what they're working on anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Princess Missfit View Post
    The PTR is there, mainly, for bugs. Not for balancing, that's a secondary thing. Balancing in PTR is for heavy outliners. Fine tuning balance comes with live data.
    Now you know.
    a 40% nerf is a heavy outliner. Its infact stupidly big. It baffles me that they are ok with doing things like this. And then they dont respons to questions of "why and how"

Quote Originally Posted by exeetor View Post
    a 40% nerf is a heavy outliner. Its infact stupidly big. It baffles me that they are ok with doing things like this. And then they dont respons to questions of "why and how"
    the answer is because and the how is a slight code tweak. or are you one of those who feel that they are entitled to an answer every time something changes?