Thumbs down Why didn't Gems Change back to providing more like the beginning of the xpac

With the recent changes to the secondary stat's I assumed they would have reversed the change to Gems, as they now provide less then half a percent to the stat.

Just find it odd.

Quote Originally Posted by yarafx1 View Post
    With the recent changes to the secondary stat's I assumed they would have reversed the change to Gems, as they now provide less then half a percent to the stat.

Just find it odd.
    With the increased conversion cost Food, secondary stat enchants, and gems all need a value increase so they provide the power increase that was intended pre-nerf.

Gems should stay the exact same to decrease the value of sockets

Quote Originally Posted by spawnofdoom View Post
    Gems should stay the exact same to decrease the value of sockets
    This. There is nothing that says they HAVE TO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    With the increased conversion cost Food, secondary stat enchants, and gems all need a value increase so they provide the power increase that was intended pre-nerf.
    Food has already been providing nearly a entire % point to what ever stat.

Gems now offer less then half a percent. Seems bad.

They did the change specifically because a item like a neck or a ring with a socket was+20 ilvl..... They wanted to devalue sockets. Having a socket on a piece of gear should never be the #1 factor in whether you wear it... and before rings was Oh i got this 10 ilvl higher same stats but its worse cause no socket.