10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.

Blizzard vs Bossland Court Case

So, rules say I cannot link or even mention the name of the botting site, so I won't.

But now there's a huge uproar in the bot community because Bossland has lost so much money in the cases against Blizzard that they have changed the lifetime keys to 2 years, and those who bought them back a few years ago (including myself) are losing access this week. They also announced they'll be moving their operations outside Germany seeing as it was ruled that no further copies of the bot software can be sold from their country.

http://www.mmorpg.com/world-of-warcr...ker-1000042886

I mean, I am not whining cause I barely care anymore, but isn't this a case that possibly can bankrupt them? If something is sold and advertised as a lifetime "licence" but is later changed to a 2 year licence is that not reason enough for people to be able to get their money back?

I dunno, I have no clue about laws. I just think the uproar is funny c:

TLDR: Blizzard won against the creators, now they're moving their operations to another country. Licence changed from "Lifetime" to "2 year, botting community is mad! (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง
    Last edited by TriHard; 2017-01-19 at 08:12 PM.

Good. Hope they do go bankrupt. People shouldn't be botting anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you are a legit buyer, you can sue them if they advertised it as life long license, but i don't really know if they are a legit buisness.

Anyway, botting is bad and it is okay, that they go down because of this. I hope they find work elsewhere
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Ohh yeah, I purchased mine back in MoP, but only really used it for leveling as I hate that part of the game. But if mine is going to expire now, then I'm completely done it myself. And surprisingly enough, they are considered a legit business, up until now that is. Now they gotta cease all sales from Germany and move to another country, tbh I don't get why they bother, must be a lot of money!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, this company that allows me to steal cable internet from my neighbors with this special box that is supposed to have a lifetime warranty are cheating me and telling me it's now only good for 2 years. What legal standing do I have for my item that is for illegal activities in the first place?

Yeah... none.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    So, this company that allows me to steal cable internet from my neighbors with this special box that is supposed to have a lifetime warranty are cheating me and telling me it's now only good for 2 years. What legal standing do I have for my item that is for illegal activities in the first place?

Yeah... none.
    Incorrect, sorry.
    Your little theorem works because it's theft. Blizzard game rules are not laws unfortunately, and you're not 'stealing' from them.
    Give your head a shake before you speak.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't appropriate here. One, we don't discuss botting, botting companies, or things related to botting, and two, we're not in a place to give legal advice.