Interesting in playing again after being MIA since MoP, general advice question

Hi all,

I stopped playing when MoP came out. Heard this expansion is lots of fun so wanted to give it a go. I figured I'd give Druid a go cause I'm mainly interested in healing and tanking (no DPS) at the end game. I boosted the character to lvl 100. My question is, what's the best route for being to tank/heal at the end game -- should I be leveling as resto or bear guardian right away? Should I just stick to Feral so I can do all these quests to lvl 110 and only then switch? What's the best way to do it these days?

Thanks for any advice!

level as feral or gaudian, feral will be quicker, gaurdian wont die. once you hit max level and get friendly with all the reputations to unlock world quests you'll be able to catch you resto/gaurdian gear and weapon up with no trouble at all

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Level as Guardian. You can pick up tons of Mobs at once and can tank dungeons for good EXP. You can also spec for Feral or Balance Affinity for extra DPS whilst questing.

Alternatively, level as Resto with Balance affinity. A tad slower and you can't fight as much at once but it still works.

Deleted
    Level as feral or guardian, is the same.
    Just change spec as soon as you get to max level and always keep track of Class Hall quests.
    You need to do all class hall quests to get 3rd relic on your weapon.

You also need, as the person above me said, friendle ruputation with all faction leveling zones, so do ALL the quests to unlock the achievement. In other words, watch the end cinematic of each zone to unlock World Quests.

Also, you can have herbalism at level zero and gather herbs on Broken Isles. Very good to make money.

If you're considering AP it's irrelevant what you level as. Once you begin collecting artifact research at 110 you'll be getting as much as you got in your whole time levelling in one item.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    You also need, as the person above me said, friendly ruputation with all faction leveling zones, so do ALL the quests to unlock the achievement. In other words, watch the end cinematic of each zone to unlock World Quests.
    This isn't even remotely true. You can hit Friendly with all Factions before you even get 1/4 through their storylines.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    This isn't even remotely true. You can hit Friendly with all Factions before you even get 1/4 through their storylines.
    i had no idea

But he will need to do all the main story quests to reach max level anyway. I've leveld 3 chars to max level and i always do the main story quests and i still need one entire bar to reach max level

Recently leveled my Resto Druid.

If you want to heal I would just level as Boomy it was actually really fun - Make sure to spend your AP on your weapon you're leveling as because the amount you're using is so insignificant in the grand scheme. Also do your second artifact while leveling for the extra EXP since you're going to anyway. Make sure to finish the main story and do your dungeon quests in each zone, you gain about 25% of a level for this as well as an ilvl 800 bit of gear which helps ease the transition into dungeons at max level.

If you're going to tank, I would just level as bear since tank dps is pretty significant and you can just aoe large packs.

As soon as you hit 110 get to your class hall and get your artifact knowledge started so you can level your weapon faster. Also pick up the addon WQH (World Quest Helper I believe, regardless will be easy to find) so you can quickly auto queue for groups to complete world quests which will make them a joke at lower gear levels especially if you're a healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    i had no idea

But he will need to do all the main story quests to reach max level anyway. I've leveld 3 chars to max level and i always do the main story quests and i still need one entire bar to reach max level
    I only completed 2 zones fully and got friendly with the others and hit 110. If he is leveling as tank/heals the dungeons will help that a long greatly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I only completed 2 zones fully and got friendly with the others and hit 110. If he is leveling as tank/heals the dungeons will help that a long greatly.
    I never understood how u guys manage to do that.
    I always do all story quests of all the zones and im always level 109.