Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Unless you have 5 Runescape size banks good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    During Blizzcon 2016 presentation Ion said we will need to have MOST of our traits unlocked to continue.

most =/= all

So likely it will require 35 traits unlocked.
    The thing they released today says "completed"

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    2months away? Are you guys out of your mind?

7.2 will hit aprox in 6months(as thats how much testing tends to take). This puts the release late june, early august.
    I think you are confusing Tomb of Sargeras with the patch...7.2 will be here between mid-april to early may - the raid will not arrive until ~July.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    The thing they released today says "completed"
    It almost certainly will be checking the same criteria as the achievement/appearance for unlocking 'every' trait for your artifact weapon, which unlocks on 34. You could argue that logically 'every' would mean 54, but we know that not to be the case. 'Completed' should be interpreted the same way. The game gives you an achievement for 'every' trait when you get your 34th.

"Unlock every Artifact Trait for a single artifact weapon." is the exact wording used in game, which does not mean 54.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Aside from all other posts highlighting how unlikely to work this will be, I found it hilarious that you chose to be sub-optimal today in order to be sort of "bleeding edge optimal" for 7.2 instead

We're optimistically thinking at least around 2 months away from 7.2 so the bank isn't going to hold this. Why wouldn't you at least apply all the AP to the weapon meanwhile? You can still opt out of clicking the actual skill-up button if you so desire.
    My thoughts exactly. I would rather use the AP now and take advantage of the power gain to farm better gear, which is probably a far more effective way to be "optimal" in 7.2.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Yeah. You are missing the fact that Blizzard is like 99.9% gonna be on top of this and probably lock those traits behind a different kind of AP only obtainable on Broken Shore lmao.
    Or they'll probably release AK 26 which increases AP gains by 1000000% and make each new point of AP cost 100000000 to compensate. That way any AP you already have saved up would be a drop in the bucket.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

There's no way the new traits will require 54/54 nor should they. The paragons will likely always be the tail end of the grind no matter how much more they add. It will probably require 34 or 35 which is reasonable. Refunding back to that amount makes sense to me although that would likely mean a lot of people will insta buy all the new traits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exilian View Post
    Is anyone else doing this?
    Sounds super foolish to artificially limit yourself to 35 + bank full of tokens now in order to get a 'head start' when 7.2 launches in ~4-5-ish months from now. Why? Since you don't seem to care about your talents/performance now, what changes in 7.2? You'll switch to hardcore raider all of a sudden and mixmaxing your talents will become the utmost importance in your life?

That's a pretty strange scheme built on the assumption that Blizzard won't release futher AK levels - which I think they will. In that case, all those things in your bank are pretty much worthless and you've spent half a year with gimped 35-point artifact while everyone else has been having fun, playing the game normally.

But you're of course free to do what you want - I just fail to see what your use-case is?

Even if they only make it 35 traits, I'd rather just spend my AP and get a flat 10% hp/dmg boost from 54 traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Sounds super foolish to artificially limit yourself to 35 + bank full of tokens now in order to get a 'head start' when 7.2 launches in ~4-5-ish months from now. Why? Since you don't seem to care about your talents/performance now, what changes in 7.2? You'll switch to hardcore raider all of a sudden and mixmaxing your talents will become the utmost importance in your life?

That's a pretty strange scheme built on the assumption that Blizzard won't release futher AK levels - which I think they will. In that case, all those things in your bank are pretty much worthless and you've spent half a year with gimped 35-point artifact while everyone else has been having fun, playing the game normally.

But you're of course free to do what you want - I just fail to see what your use-case is?
    With 35 points i agree. But what to do once you are at 54 ?
    spend AP on spec you know you won't play (I'm a SP) or bank?
    I'm 54 and plan on putting specs i don't play just to 35 because it's easy and then ? I'm "limiting" myself (just doing big AP WQ reward, reduced the number of dungeon i'm doing) just because i know that if i don't do that, i will be trowing away AP because i maxed everything i wanted.
    That doesn't seem like what Blizzard intended right ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jeiwel View Post
    With 35 points i agree. But what to do once you are at 54 ?
    spend AP on spec you know you won't play (I'm a SP) or bank?
    I'm 54 and plan on putting specs i don't play just to 35 because it's easy and then ? I'm "limiting" myself (just doing big AP WQ reward, reduced the number of dungeon i'm doing) just because i know that if i don't do that, i will be trowing away AP because i maxed everything i wanted.
    That doesn't seem like what Blizzard intended right ?
    Take a break from grinding Maw
    You're not limiting yourself, don't be silly - you're maxed out, you're not "throwing AP away"..
    This is not a hard problem to solve, c'mon now.

You're not limiting yourself, don't be silly - you're maxed out, you're not "throwing AP away"..
    You are bound to throw away AP though. If you're only playing one spec and have it at 54 already, even if you intentionally do no extra AP content, you will get quite some AP from raids/weekly m+/emissaries which you either will use for specs you won't be playing or keep in your bank and they will most likely end up being useless because they don't want you to do that. Can't really help it.

Honestly I never really grinded (except one week before NH, with AK 25, where I did 75% of my M+ dg).
    I only did 160 M+ dungeon on this character. If you look at it, this is only 1 dg per day since legion. I won't really call that a grind...

And as laplacedemon said, all the AP that i'm getting now just from playing the game will be thrown away one i reach max bank capacity (in 3 weeks-1 month probably as i only keep 100k+ token)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    You are bound to throw away AP though. If you're only playing one spec and have it at 54 already, even if you intentionally do no extra AP content, you will get quite some AP from raids/weekly m+/emissaries which you either will use for specs you won't be playing or keep in your bank and they will most likely end up being useless because they don't want you to do that. Can't really help it.
    Exactly the point. It doesn't matter, since it comes from content you would have done anyhow and there's no "performance loss" if you're maxed out already. So yes, you're technically discarding tokens. And no, it really has no effect on the universe at large (or your character), so why worry about it? Just do what you like doing in the game and wait for the patch.

But this is derailing the thread - the original discussion was about banking stuff while you're at 35 traits and waiting for 7.2. That's kinda silly.
    Last edited by mmoc0e47cbaaf5; 2017-01-23 at 02:29 PM.