Marquee Bindings talent choices after 7.1.5

Since fire mages started moving away from Rune of Power since 7.1.5, and I too specced into MI since, I am wondering what the talent choices are when using Marquee Bindings. I had the (mis)fortune of getting them yesterday and I am considering using them along with the ring (only have neck and chest).

Is RoP a requirement? I am currently using MI and CinS/Meteor and I am not all that keen to go back to RoP...

It's still your bis legendary for single target at least. Meanwhile i'm sitting here on my four legendaries and still no belt or bracer. gg

Edit: With bracers sim yourself. Generally speaking:

RoP is still better on fights where cleave dmg is possible. In NH e.g. Skorpyron, Spellblade, Tichondrius, Botanist and Gul'dan are clear fights for RoP (pulled it out of my head, i most likely missed a fight). MI pulls ahead on pure single target fights for me.

Rule of thumb for me: Do i use Meteor? If yes => MI. Do i use CinS? If yes => RoP
    Last edited by Naiyano; 2017-01-20 at 10:54 AM.

Rule of thumb for me: Do i use Meteor? If yes => MI.
    Can u elaborate on the benefit of this logic please?
    I was wondering. Pretty sure Meteor overall if more beneficial with RoP as u can pretty much sync em everytime. for 40% dmg, even more dmg in the combust RoP's and no gcd's wasted during RoP if done right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evoker View Post
    Since fire mages started moving away from Rune of Power since 7.1.5, and I too specced into MI since, I am wondering what the talent choices are when using Marquee Bindings. I had the (mis)fortune of getting them yesterday and I am considering using them along with the ring (only have neck and chest).

Is RoP a requirement? I am currently using MI and CinS/Meteor and I am not all that keen to go back to RoP...
    It is no misfortune ...
    7.1.5 will not change the way you interact with the item.
    Use shimmer to make it more reliable.

If the fight is based on aoe damage, bracers this is not the best legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by evoker View Post

Simc sims rop lower than MI even with bracers for me, i use belt and don't have ring, btw speaking of Nh IF is very strong for prolonged aoe and heavy movement fights like anomaly, aluriel, skorpyron while mi is very strong on ST like Krosus and Trilliax, i consider Rop a niche talent now even with bracers
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Hasufer View Post
    Can u elaborate on the benefit of this logic please?
    I was wondering. Pretty sure Meteor overall if more beneficial with RoP as u can pretty much sync em everytime. for 40% dmg, even more dmg in the combust RoP's and no gcd's wasted during RoP if done right
    Yes you can sinc it with rop everytime. As a matter of fact MI do sim higher than RoP on pure ST in every gear set i have seen since 7.1.5. This changes if there is more than one target. If there is more than one target cinderstorm sims higher than meteor (it's equal on one target if you can hit every cinder all the time for me). Ergo: If I use cinderstorm i will use RoP. If i use Meteor i will use MI

Deleted
    it really depends whats needed, MI is obviously a ST burst talent, where IF is more of a sustained dps and aoe and rune is better for burst aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    it really depends whats needed, MI is obviously a ST burst talent, where IF is more of a sustained dps and aoe and rune is better for burst aoe.
    Can rune be good on Aluriel and Tychondrius?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    on aluriel definately bcoz the needed aoe isnt really consistent enough for IF to get a high enough value imo, on tychondrius its a bit more blurry bcoz it has both sustained aoe in the mini adds he spawns constantly where IF will be helpful but also has burst aoe during the dream phases where rune will be good especially if you wait until the end of the phase to use rune when a lot of bats are up but to be clear, im looking at it as some1 who has the dragon breath legendary and what will net me the biggest result bcoz of that but again it depends whats needed, on tichondrius, some might find the enrage timer to be fairly tight, so MI might be prefered especially if aoeing the adds down isnt a problem and on aluriel especially during the fire phase your aoe becomes pretty pointless bcoz if you stack them the fire elementals will get buffed and basically start globaling ppl, so aluriel doesnt really have any sustained aoe at all and rune will be better bcoz it has sort of a duel purpose in being useful in both burst ST and burst aoe.

Marquee Bindings work just fine with Mirror Images. The only time they're useless is during hard AOE. Ice Floes was required specifically to stand in Rune of Power while hardcasting Pyroblast, when you have no Rune of Power you can just Shimmer around the fight mechanics.