10+ Year Old Account

Kil'Jaeden Encounter Speculation [Minor Spoilers?]

Just been having a look at Kil'Jaeden's awesome new model in the viewer on the front page and oh my gosh!

I noticed he has animations for leaping into the air, flying with his wings, casting/channeling in the air, and landing again. Check it out! Not only does he (finally!) have legs, but he's going to be using those big 'ol wings during the fight. I don't think we've ever seen Kil'Jaeden actually use those wings of his. I just thought this was cool enough to point out

So excited to fight this guy in proper form and not his upper body sticking out of the toilet bowl. Question is, will they find an excuse to have us kill him off for good, or will we still have to track him down again on Argus?

Maybe the second last boss in the Argus raid will be a council fight, Kil'jaeden and Archimonde together, Onyxia and Nefarian style?
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Just been having a look at Kil'Jaeden's awesome new model in the viewer on the front page and oh my gosh!

I noticed he has animations for leaping into the air, flying with his wings, casting/channeling in the air, and landing again. Check it out! Not only does he (finally!) have legs, but he's going to be using those big 'ol wings during the fight. I don't think we've ever seen Kil'Jaeden actually use those wings of his. I just thought this was cool enough to point out

So excited to fight this guy in proper form and not his upper body sticking out of the toilet bowl. Question is, will they find an excuse to have us kill him off for good, or will we still have to track him down again on Argus?

Maybe the second last boss in the Argus raid will be a council fight, Kil'jaeden and Archimonde together, Onyxia and Nefarian style?
    Did you see in dungeon journal any abilities yet? Coul you please screen them? Perhaps something is unveiled already?..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    Did you see in dungeon journal any abilities yet? Coul you please screen them? Perhaps something is unveiled already?..
    Dungeon Journal doesn't seem to have any encounter details for the new encounters yet, the pages are just blank.

btw just because he has a flying animation doesent mean he may use them in the fight... we may see him out in the world in a quest where he flies and fights... having a flying MASSIVE mob in combat is very fucking annoying

- - - Updated - - -

Dungeon Journal doesn't seem to have any encounter details for the new encounters yet, the pages are just blank.

just blank

i feel like you purposly avoided that... because it made me laugh then cry

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    btw just because he has a flying animation doesent mean he may use them in the fight... we may see him out in the world in a quest where he flies and fights... having a flying MASSIVE mob in combat is very fucking annoying
    Maybe it won't be part of the fight. But it's definitely a distinct possibility. The animations are quite detailed though, so I think they've obviously been added to be used for some purpose and not just some kind of incidental standard animation that is from another skeleton.

Either they're part of the encounter or, as you say, they're part of some cinematic scene outside the raid. Either way it's very cool.

Just a speculation thread though... I'm speculating that there may be a flying KJ phase, looks very possible

Maybe it won't be part of the fight. But it's definitely a distinct possibility. The animations are quite detailed though, so I think they've obviously been added to be used for some purpose and not just some kind of incidental standard animation that is from another skeleton.

Either they're part of the encounter or, as you say, they're part of some cinematic scene outside the raid. Either way it's very cool.

Just a speculation thread though... I'm speculating that there may be a flying KJ phase, looks very possible
    thing is this skeleton is shared with other mobs, look at "custom animation spell 3" and tell me it looks like kiljaden would ever fucking do that... 2 i see possible but idk

Model is awsome... If they make fight as cool as model it's gonna be pretty epic Also never noticed he has grey hair... I guess when you have Dark Titan watching over your sholder you go grey faster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lukazhuja19 View Post
    Also never noticed he has grey hair... I guess when you have Dark Titan watching over your sholder you go grey faster.
    Or the fact that he's over 25,000 years old just like Velen. He's ancient even for Eredar standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Or the fact that he's over 25,000 years old just like Velen. He's ancient even for Eredar standards.
    Nahh it must be worring too much... In chronicle it is explicitly stated that Kil'Jaden got his first grey hair when he was only 9864 years old which is strange for eredar people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lukazhuja19 View Post
    Nahh it must be worring too much... In chronicle it is explicitly stated that Kil'Jaden got his first grey hair when he was only 9864 years old which is strange for eredar people.
    I've read Chronicles once, and I don't even have to get it out of my drawer to double check it to know that wasn't stated at all.

Moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    I've read Chronicles once, and I don't even have to get it out of my drawer to double check it to know that wasn't stated at all.

Moving on.
    I was joking dude... No need to be so uptight

I noticed he has animations for leaping into the air, flying with his wings, casting/channeling in the air, and landing again.
    He has those animations because he uses that same animated skeleton as Illidan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exia00111 View Post
    He has those animations because he uses that same animated skeleton as Illidan.
    Are you sure about that?

http://www.wowdb.com/npcs/22917-illidan-stormrage

I can see the similarities but the take off and landing animations for Illidan and Kil'jaeden are different, and there are no casting-in-the-air animations for Illidan, which the Kil'jaeden model has (both casting and channeling)

But-but-but...I saw that on youtube, guy did it, but he was too lazy to open the abilities themselves! Try pressing the fireball maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    But-but-but...I saw that on youtube, guy did it, but he was too lazy to open the abilities themselves! Try pressing the fireball maybe?
    I'm not at home to try it!

Try downloading the PTR yourself maybe?

But nah, maybe someone else can shed some light. I was told the ability descriptions are empty for Kil'Jaeden - names but no text - but maybe that was bad info. I can't check because I'm at the office.

That said, if there is a flying phase, the "intermission" phase is a good candidate!

I'm not at home to try it!

Try downloading the PTR yourself maybe?

But nah, maybe someone else can shed some light. I was told the ability descriptions are empty for Kil'Jaeden - names but no text - but maybe that was bad info. I can't check because I'm at the office.

That said, if there is a flying phase, the "intermission" phase is a good candidate!
    Uhh, that's a problem, I'm not subbed at the moment. I surely would do it if I could, but now I have to ask people.
    Please, if someone else is nearby PC, could you take couple screenshots? Just press the fireball and it's done. I think we are all curious to see what exactly is the Demon Lord capable of.