Question Marks on Raid/Party member, but not the Marks usable (and seeable) form the group

is there a way to mark members of the party / raid with marks that only me can see at all?

why i want this? cause blizz make direction arrows form my grid2 impossible and i want another way to see some of my party members. but only for me, so the raidmarks aren't an option. and i don't want to show all the names or the healtbars around me, so this isn't an option too.

Quote Originally Posted by rikerulez View Post
    is there a way to mark members of the party / raid with marks that only me can see at all?

why i want this? cause blizz make direction arrows form my grid2 impossible and i want another way to see some of my party members. but only for me, so the raidmarks aren't an option. and i don't want to show all the names or the healtbars around me, so this isn't an option too.
    Don't think it's possible to do that (could be wrong). I am curious why you would need that though?

cause i want to see some of the other raidmembers 'better'. sometimes i want to know where the other heals are or a dd with a speacial task or the tanks. i loved this arrows in my grid2. if someone runs out of range, the arrows showed the direction i have to run to get closer. and i have always seen where the tanks stands based on my point of view.
    after blizz broke this i got a bit lost, espacially in the heat of the moment. but i got used to it. but it feels still a bit meheee, if someone drops down and is out of range and so. but still the marks on those won't help, cause i don't want to mark them in fight. but for me i want the tanks and other healers marked. but a) the bossmods needs the marks in the fight b) not everyone likes a mark on the char because i want so.
    so i asked my question, cause maybe someone can help. but i think marks (like i want them) and arrows may be the same sort of 'blizz don't want this'

Yes it's possible if you work with the nameplates.
    You can modify them like putting an icon/symbol anywhere near it.

I used it for coding some help for a friend where a Gorefiends Grasp Symbol is shown near enemy nameplate when in range.

Not without nameplates.
    You must have something for it to attach to.
    There may be options for more minimal nameplates, but there must be one of some sort.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Defmaster View Post
    Yes it's possible if you work with the nameplates.
    You can modify them like putting an icon/symbol anywhere near it.

I used it for coding some help for a friend where a Gorefiends Grasp Symbol is shown near enemy nameplate when in range.
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Not without nameplates.
    You must have something for it to attach to.
    There may be options for more minimal nameplates, but there must be one of some sort.

so. how can i get / find this code? and i think something like tidyplates for the friendly target frame is out there anyway? an defmaster i only need this for friendly frames

Quote Originally Posted by rikerulez View Post
    an defmaster i only need this for friendly frames
    Doesn't matter. It's the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Defmaster View Post
    Doesn't matter. It's the same.
    nice, but still: how can i get this code?

With friendly nameplates on this could be done pretty easily with Tidy Plates Threat Plates. Just make a custom nameplate for whichever person you want to keep an eye on.

I don't know personally, but there are addons which may offer code to look at
    TidyPlates can add various widgests for threat etc.
    HealersHaveToDie will add a specifc marker on healers in PvP.
    QuestPlates will add quest progress numbers to nameplates.

Basically any nameplate replacement or enhancement addon should offer some options.
    At this point I would actually try to figure out why the normal options don't work for you, and see if any of them offer options to perhaps improve those in some way you can use.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-01-23 at 10:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

thx pikapika for the idea
    and thx everybody, i aktually never thought about a nameplade replacement, cause i don't use the nameplades in the first place. i will have a close look to those now.

thx again