Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Essem View Post
    The whole pure dps classes and niches is just triggering me. Why should a pure class be penalized for playing a specc and having to maintain multiple speccs for different things mythic+ raids etc. Meanwhile Ret paladins as an example are good at everything, single target, aoe burst etc. It is what it is i guess, but they should really try and fix that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRogue View Post
    It is absolutely a flawed design. But they have backed themselves in to a corner and will not admit its a mistake.
    I feel the exact opposite... I love playing a pure cause I need to switch spec to fill niche meaning I experience different playstyle depending on fight or content within my same classe. I also love that I can be ultra versatile because of those 3 spec having different strength and weaknesses and different talent choice within themselves. I don't want to tank or heal so i could not be more happy to have all those avenue to explore within one classes. There is always something to learn or improve, something I don't think I could have with playing ww monk or ret pally.

I agree that the legendary system is not favorable spec switch this expention but even there I've been able to play all 3 spec to good level now that I have 2 shared legendary ( ring and belt).

I was thinking ahead and saved every bit of gear I could that was Ilvl870+ knowing that Bliz would F things up at some point. So with that I got lucky to have the Cloak and Kil jadean trinket drop for me and pair that with the Mastery/Vers gear (ilvl 883) I can AOE burst for 1.9-2.3mil on M+2-9 with big pulls. If i get a poison bomb with full cloak and trinket it can reach 2.8mil ish. Granted that is every 1.15 mins but enough to pad the stats so I stay above 650k dps at the end of a run. Switching between ST and AOE in m 10+ I can sustain 540-560k dps

My solution to the whole assassin in aoe and m+ in general was rerolling dh. Close to same single target dmg and 3 times the aoe

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    My solution to the whole assassin in aoe and m+ in general was rerolling dh. Close to same single target dmg and 3 times the aoe
    ^This.

Although I have found a niche for my assassin rogue, my guild takes me on High M+ Tyrannical weeks. I run outlaw in sub-10's and on Fortified weeks I just don't get invited =(

Deleted
    Nice to know which ranged/caster trinkets from NH are also working for melee (like "fury of the burning sky" or "star gate"). Please share your experiences!

In the higher Mythic+ I usually parse competitively with any other DPS spec as Outlaw and enjoy the flexibility of swapping specs. Loaded Dice ftw.

Deleted
    I'd be quite content if they gave us Blood Sweat as talent again to replace Alacrity.