Ask Mr Robot accurate?

Guys, is this site accurate?
    Been doing some tests there and so on.
    What do you think about the dps tests etc?

If you put your own stat weights in rather than the presets it should be fine.

@TiagoRamos, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. I have a few things to share that might help answer your question.

1. We are dedicated to making sure our data is accurate. We do this by testing spells in-game and against actual logs from WCL. That allows us to verify that every spell is calculated correctly, including being affected by the right buffs, etc.

2. We also test our rotations out compared to real logs to make sure they are mirroring reality.

That being said, this takes time after a patch like this, with so many changes and new gear to verify. We have done a lot of updates over the past week, some of it adjusting trinkets, some of it adjusting rotations. We'll be doing that over the next few weeks as well.

Also, during this process, we compare things to simC and report any bugs in there to the people who work on each class. They don't have dedicated testers like we do, so we spend some time looking at it while we look at ours - comparing the two helps in our verification process, AND the more that both simulators match, the better off the community is.
    Last edited by Zoopercat; 2017-01-21 at 11:21 PM.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Deleted
    If you guys put that much effort in it, all I can say is keep up the good work.

awww <3. We do!! While there are just 3 of us who run the entire site, we are fortunate enough to have turned this into our 'day jobs.' So we get all day to do these things, then maybe a couple of hours a week to play the game (I kid, I kid... sort of?)

Thanks a lot for the feedback
    I asked this cause I got some surprises regarding, in talents, gear and trinkets the UH DK dps made in ST or m+ and since i heard ppl , as I think, use simcraft, wanted to know your opinion.

Keep it up mates!!!

When I simmed on AMR last week it was wayyyyyyy off (UH CS build). I think they need more time to get everything up to speed.

By comparison, simcraft has been pretty accurate, at least for ST.

What was the main difference?
    I wish there was 2 options in UH. The castigator build and the mastery build (different stat priorities)

- - - Updated - - -

Are the legendary shoulders working on the simulations?
    With or without them the pets damage is the same..

Bump still looking for an answer.
    Its a shame that a shame that, when siming and doing BiB crit is always prefered to mastery (but in sims full mastery has more dps lol)

Deleted
    AMR dosn't work for the same reason pawn won't work if you don't manually babysit it.

The only criteria for gear is stat weights on both tools but they work on a linear way and that's simply not how the game works.

Each stat you have increases the value of the others and many have diminishing return, meaning that the higher you stack them the lower the value they have.

So if you sim yourself today and get your stat weights, the moment you change a single peace of gear this stat weights change, sometimes dramaitcally (soft caps)

AMR can't take this into consideration and for each stat weight you introduce it tries to change your whole gear based on this, but the moment you change your first piece your stat weights changed completely.

In a nuthsell, you can use it to check a single piece or to see which gear increses your damage the most based on your current gear (useful for coins) but besides that is useless.

@zevah I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. Actually, we released a beta of our "Machine Learning" approach that is better than stat weights. It does what you describe - it handles non linear scaling and stat interactions. You should check it out - let me know what you think.

Also, machine learning is able to take changing gear into account, so as your gear changes, the stats automatically adapt to your current setup. With machine learning, we are able to use a prediction of your DPS as a way to rank an individual item.

Here's a blog post about that: http://blog.askmrrobot.com/machine-learning/

@TiagoRamos The shoulders are working. Here's a test I did. I equipped the shoulders for one test. Then for the other, I removed them but did a stat override so the stats are identical to the shoulder test. The only thing different then, is the missing proc:

With shoulders: 422,848 DPS http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simula...a81981e5655ff8
    Without shoulders: 412551 http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simula...1075dd14e2f839

I saw , it was more of less the same values to me.
    The thing that I noticed is that there is like only a 0.6 % in army damage. and 1.6% in Dark Arbiter.
    Well, we already know...shoulders just suck

Deleted
    An "import Simcraft string" option would be nice, so I don't have to edit statweights manually.

I tried to use both and I have to say that ask mr robot work is absolutely more accurate than simcraft. My main is a DH and stats weight with simcraft were totally nonsense, when I tried AMR I found it in lines to what it should be (crit>mast>haste>vers).
    Thanks for your work AMR team!!! If you could add a string to import stats weight in pawn it would be great!!! You know, people is very lazy sometimes

@Cymoril - a pawn export is on our list!! Also, if you do find anything odd in the SimC report for DH, drop them a line and they will investigate.