Poll: Include Classic in Caverns of Time

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Don't know what document you are looking at but I looked at the one they put out on 4/10/16 on their own website as well as the infographic they released. 800k created account with 150k active.
    I have told you (several times); the post mortem report. I am not sure why you keep mentioning the infographic as it does not have enough information to workout retention rates or disprove the 30% figure in the post mortem.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I have told you (several times); the post mortem report. I am not sure why you keep mentioning the infographic as it does not have enough information to workout retention rates or disprove the 30% figure in the post mortem.
    Jesus how many times do I have to say they put a press release on their website the same place that has the infographic from when they closed.

And sorry I don't know what more information you'd need than 800k subs with 150k active and you can figure out the fucking retention rate is sub 20%. The infographic has the SAME information the press release does. Same numbers. I don't know what YOU are looking at but I'm looking at information found on their own damn website. Stop wasting my time if you can't even do this much work.

No, just...no.

Better to simply have it as a standalone client and server(s). Trying to frankenstein the current WoW with some variant of classic (I call it a variant because I'm pretty sure there would be no way to retain 100% like for like with vanilla in such a form) would be doomed to failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    If they saved the game, then fracturing the playerbase wouldn't be a big deal and your argument about how legacy would fracture it is irrelevant too.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't recreate the "nostalgia" part (memories, first feeling, discovery, etc.).
    But you can recreate the design, which is what most pro-legacy people want.

Vanilla WoW was better, and having better people/community was part of it, but not all of it.
    I think its 90% a community issue, and the better times we had back then are a result of that. Really hard to say, it was so long ago. I do think that all this cross-realm, CRZ shit is ruining the game.

Jesus how many times do I have to say they put a press release on their website the same place that has the infographic from when they closed.

And sorry I don't know what more information you'd need than 800k subs with 150k active and you can figure out the fucking retention rate is sub 20%. The infographic has the SAME information the press release does. Same numbers. I don't know what YOU are looking at but I'm looking at information found on their own damn website. Stop wasting my time if you can't even do this much work.
    I don't know how many times do you have to say it?

That is the point you don't know what additional information would be needed to figure out the retention rates. Unfortunately as you have repeatedly demonstrated not knowing something does not stop you talking about it. Ironically if you had the slightest idea you would realise that by using these figures the result you have arrived at is actually better than the reported rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I don't know how many times do you have to say it?

That is the point you don't know what additional information would be needed to figure out the retention rates. Unfortunately as you have repeatedly demonstrated not knowing something does not stop you talking about it. Ironically if you had the slightest idea you would realise that by using these figures the result you have arrived at is actually better than the reported rate.
    You know what, stop wasting my time. Stop quoting me, stop posting to me, just drop it. You refuse to look at the simple things posted on their own website and want to keep arguing it. You're wrong, you've been wrong the whole time and I've posted the correct info they listed multiple times. You couldn't be more wrong if you were intentionally trying to be wrong. You claimed bullshit 30% retention rates I proved you wrong. That's that. Done with you.

You know what, stop wasting my time. Stop quoting me, stop posting to me, just drop it. You refuse to look at the simple things posted on their own website and want to keep arguing it. You're wrong, you've been wrong the whole time and I've posted the correct info they listed multiple times. You couldn't be more wrong if you were intentionally trying to be wrong. You claimed bullshit 30% retention rates I proved you wrong. That's that. Done with you.
    I have not refused to look at anything nor have I disputed the figures in the infographic. I simply pointed out that it was inaccurate to use them to work out rentetion rates. Also the 30% retention rate is not my claim, it is clearly written in the post mortem document, so I am unsure how you've reached the conclusion that you've proved me wrong.

As I have already told you the reported retention rate is worse than the one you are erroneously using.

Seriously why do you persist posting inaccurate and untrue information about this topic?

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    You see, when you say "use that code to rebuild classic.", there is a difference between Classic WoW and Kalimdor/EK before the cataclysm. The first has a feel, has the bugs, has the classes, the old low-polygon models, all that has value as Classic WoW. I proposed something more orientated towards the old maps.

To be Classic WoW, is to be a Shaman and tank something, for example.
    No, I honestly wouldn't go back to shaman tanking and the like. The game is fine as it evolved neatly.
    The old zones, old quests, and old instances and some lost things like these would be included.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Hamper progress in favor of relapse? No thanks.
    Pretty much. They really should focus on the current game and how to further it, not put a significant amount of effort into anything related to Vanilla (except maybe Timewalking).

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It's just stupid to think that Blizzard will use a 3rd-party emulation within their own game. Also you haven't accounted for what would be required to change on the client side for this to happen.
    I don't know why you are concerned about client side.
    It wouldn't be bigger than let's say an Xpack in size.

Also:
    1. No fractured community if they decide to reuse old zones on existing realms
    2. New players can experience old zones, old quests, old instances
    - I don't want anything else to come back like soulshard bags or totem/ammo slots whatever.
    3. Scaling tech could be used to scale the world back to level 1 and then progress in the old world up to 60.

*Sidenote: Those who cry for vanilla now will be over it in 2-3 months at max, and they'll come back to the normal game anyways ;P

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    another shit gimme back Nostalgia thread people still believe blizz gives a fuck about the 150k people who want to play Vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks. I want all their effort to go to new things. Vanilla and BC wow were fucking terrible compared to WoW nows days. I swear people who want them back never really played them. Even things like Kara remake seems like a waste. I only did a few bosses till I couldn't stand looking at it anymore. I looked at that place all BC. I want every single ounce of blizzard effort to go into new things I haven't seen before.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be even harder to do than genuine vanilla servers.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Too many players just got pissed of all that vanilla talks and nostalrius, so they got annoyed when someone bring back the subject again : P

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Vanilla and BC wow were fucking terrible compared to WoW nows days. I swear people who want them back never really played them.
    Funny, it seems you write the exact opposite of reality. It's a kind of game ?

It's a great suggestion if you want to upset both the vanilla lovers and the vanilla haters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    It's a great suggestion if you want to upset both the vanilla lovers and the vanilla haters.
    But you could also be optimistic about it and say it's the best of two worlds too.
    Plus seeing how it's becoming more and more prevalent to make lasting niche content - also called "evergreen content" - it wouldn't be bad to at least preserve the old zones somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    But you could also be optimistic about it and say it's the best of two worlds too.
    Plus seeing how it's becoming more and more prevalent to make lasting niche content - also called "evergreen content" - it wouldn't be bad to at least preserve the old zones somehow.
    The problem is that the suggestion doesn't preserve the actual old content. Half of the "old content" is the mechanisms, how the classes worked and the general design. These can't be reproduced merely through maps.

they would never bring back all the superficial game play, so things like regents, rogues creating poisons, hunter arrows, soul shards, potion stacking etc etc, there is just no way your going to see that happen again. every one of those things were superficial, time sinks, gold sinks, not one of them had any interesting game play and were just there for the sake of it. regents arrows and poisons were basically moron checks 'oh you haven't got any arrows? well your a moron' ' you ran out of poisons, moron' ' you ran out of regents, again, moron'

how much effort do you think it would take to retroactively apply all engine updates and fixes to an old version of vanilla without changing the feel of the game. impossible. merging the 2 clients together, some patch version toward the end of classic and now would most likely be a programming nightmare it could easily take years to debug.

expecting Blizzard to release an old client version without polishing up to their standard, warts and all, pipe dream.

i'm no economist but even i can see that, having a dedicated support team and development team for a classic realm can't be kept up by 150k ppl, they will be haemorrhaging money constantly.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-01-29 at 08:46 PM.

Waste of resources to maintain.