Discipline Mastery Rating Question

Hello, i rememeber how blizzard explained the secondary stats ratings become more "expensive" on 7.1.5 and the mastery description was:

Mastery - 400 needed for 1%, up from 350

However to gain 1% disci mastery with need about 266 rating or something like that. Right now 1% of more healing transfer through atonement is 2.5% mastery, which stands at 670 rating. And in general each spec needs its own rating, which can be similar to some other.

My question is why did blizzard express mastery as that static 400%. Does it represent the magnitute of change? Meaning that, as 350 to 400 means a 14.2% increase, our mastery rating point used to be something around 235 and got increased to about 266 on 7.1.5?

The way the blue post was worded was like a mastery rating point was 350 and got increased to 400 on everyone.
    Last edited by Popokolara; 2017-01-22 at 05:54 PM.

Deleted
    400 Rating Needed for 1 mastery point.
    8 Mastery points baseline without any rating.

This is true and static for every class and spec
    The system that got introduced in Cataclysm and a lot of people had trouble understanding. However, this is still in place, just not shown in the char pane.

Mastery points are translated differently for every class and spec. For Disc it is 400 rating = 1 MP = 1.5% Atonement healing increase.
    Therefore you have 8*1.5% mastery baseline and another 1.5% for every other 400 mastery rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    400 Rating Needed for 1 mastery point.
    8 Mastery points baseline without any rating.

This is true and static for every class and spec
    The system that got introduced in Cataclysm and a lot of people had trouble understanding. However, this is still in place, just not shown in the char pane.

Mastery points are translated differently for every class and spec. For Disc it is 400 rating = 1 MP = 1.5% Atonement healing increase.
    Therefore you have 8*1.5% mastery baseline and another 1.5% for every other 400 mastery rating.

I see. Thanks for the explanation. Feels so silly and needlessly confusing.