How to fix frosts PVE damage?

Unfortunately Im Maining a frost mager atm, Im in the process of swapping to fire / Arcane but begrudgingly...

What sort of changes do you think would help make frost for viable in raid content?
    Id like to see Blizzard get the 28% increased damage as part of Lonely winter for starters.

Simply put damage back into Frostbolt. They hit Frostbolt too hard IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    Simply put damage back into Frostbolt. They hit Frostbolt too hard IMO.
    It shouldn't feel bad to hardcast frost bolt but it really does. The damage doesn't feel good.

Deleted
    Frost is fine, i'm always doing 500-600k dps. If you're not getting those numbers you're doing something wrong.

I think they went away from hard-hitting casted spells too much in general. if you stand and cast something for 2-3 seconds, why shouldnt you get a bigger reward? (The melee dps that got chunked for half his health pool in pvp and QQ'd about it is probably why) I'm sure theres a lot that goes into it, and they want skill to play a part in the rotation, instead of chain casting 1 spell and doing 90% of the spec's dps. But I do miss the harder-hitting fireball and frostbolt of ages past.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldura View Post
    Frost is fine, i'm always doing 500-600k dps. If you're not getting those numbers you're doing something wrong.
    Nah im able to pull 500-600k on almost every fight, but seeing everyone else pull more due to the fact they can aoe better is painful

Quote Originally Posted by Npshaman View Post
    Nah im able to pull 500-600k on almost every fight, but seeing everyone else pull more due to the fact they can aoe better is painful
    Lets see the logs.

Deleted
    ------------------
    Last edited by mmoca709ddcfcb; 2017-01-24 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldura View Post
    Congrats for being a good mage. I guess I just suck ass because I struggle to push past 470K with my 885 frost mage. lol Especially on heavy movement fights or constant target switching.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Frost is in a good position right now. Yeah our AOE doesn't compare to some other classes, but I do like the interesting interaction between Blizzard, orb and fingers of frost. I think at a glance or looking at your damage meter we may not look as good, but if you look at how and where we deliver damage I don't think we are that far behind. You might think I am crazy but unless you have legendaries I would not be going fire right now. I think fire is in a much worse place then frost.