Deleted

what spec for mythic progress?

will survival still be best dps spec for us hunters or is mm/bm going to take over in mythic? i want to have a spec sorted for mythic raiding.

warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#dataset=90

^^ above link shows the gap in the current heroic raiding.

The one you have bis legendaries for. If nothing then the one you have better weapon and more points put into it.
    Not sure bout other guilds but our always have the problem with having too much melee so survi is out of question.
    Also I would never main melee so would probably go benchmanship if they wanted me to switch to survi.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by panthox View Post
    will survival still be best dps spec for us hunters or is mm/bm going to take over in mythic? i want to have a spec sorted for mythic raiding.

warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#dataset=90

^^ above link shows the gap in the current heroic raiding.
    This chart shows survival as the bottom of the barrel in terms of damage, so I'm confused at the wording on your question.

Personally, I agree with Kaminaris, play what you have the best Legendaries for, and if you want to switch, change your loot specialization to the spec you want to start playing, and start dumping AP into that weapon while you get gear.

Quote Originally Posted by pickypuppy View Post
    This chart shows survival as the bottom of the barrel in terms of damage, so I'm confused at the wording on your question.

Personally, I agree with Kaminaris, play what you have the best Legendaries for, and if you want to switch, change your loot specialization to the spec you want to start playing, and start dumping AP into that weapon while you get gear.
    That's because the best Hunters are not taking survival. Bad hunters like me will also not go survival. The logs are irrelevant. Survival has the best potential single target but I think BM is pretty strong for the cleave fights. It probably doesn't even matter because I think that OP is probably not even really that serious about Mythic progression. I'm an old man who raids Heroic and even a bad like me knows what spec I am going to be for each fight and have planned accordingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Warcraftlogs numbers regarding Survival are flawed because not enough parses exist to give an accurate picture of how the spec performs. There are a few amount of people who actually play the spec, and those that do are actually pretty good at the spec itself, and so any parses submitted by a Survival Hunter is usually gonna include primarily decent players whereas all the BM and MM parses include great and bad players to balance it out.

Survival is a pretty difficult spec to master.

Also, I don't think guilds care if you're melee or ranged, but you better be good at whatever you choose to play. And Survival is much more difficult than the other two specs within the Hunter class, on top of people usually associating Hunters with being only ranged DPS.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    I would love to encounter a good survival hunter in the wild. One that understands their class well enough to out damage the tanks.

And by 'in the wild' I mean in a raid. Granted, we don't have any in my guild, but I do enough pugging on non-raid nights and on alts that I would think I would have run into one by now.

I would love to encounter a good survival hunter in the wild. One that understands their class well enough to out damage the tanks.

And by 'in the wild' I mean in a raid. Granted, we don't have any in my guild, but I do enough pugging on non-raid nights and on alts that I would think I would have run into one by now.
    Yeah, that's pretty bad if they aren't outdamaging the tanks. I just went casual in my guild and am fully embracing SV right now (it's new and very fun to play when you figure it out). I have pugged a bit the last few days and go with the guild on a casual Alt/more gearing normal/heroic Sunday night raid. So far in pugs I am usually in the top 7 of 20 on damage meters and with the guild (competing with more mythic progression players) I am usually at the bottom of the dps. That doesn't mean it's horrible, as I am well ahead of the tanks but falling behind on gear now as the guild members are getting tier pieces and I just got my 42nd point in the weapon where most are closer to 50+ now.

While I am not saying go Survival for Mythic I do want to point out there is 1 parse for Survival on a boss past Skorpyron. There isn't any range of data and there needs more than one special snowflake to accurately gauge how it does versus other classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaszelB View Post
    While I am not saying go Survival for Mythic I do want to point out there is 1 parse for Survival on a boss past Skorpyron. There isn't any range of data and there needs more than one special snowflake to accurately gauge how it does versus other classes.
    ye even if survivla was slightly better then no proogress raider would play due to

1. probably not enough traits (most hunter leveled their MM and then switched to BM) 2.no legendaries

Quote Originally Posted by Nogahn View Post
    ye even if survivla was slightly better then no proogress raider would play due to

1. probably not enough traits (most hunter leveled their MM and then switched to BM) 2.no legendaries
    3. melee slots already filled.

I have literally never seen a survival hunter in the entire expansion, and I pug a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    3. melee slots already filled.

I have literally never seen a survival hunter in the entire expansion, and I pug a lot.
    This. The only chance I ever get to screw around in SV is in lfr. Too many melee this expansion and tons of mechanics that favor ranged in NH.

Mythic logs currently show BM ahead of MM overall - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...0&class=Hunter
    (Disclaimer: low number of parses and varies boss by boss)

However, if you follow wowprogress you can see the raid comps used by the top5 guilds in mythic and they are all using Marksman hunters or no hunters. This isn't necessarily because Marksman is more effective but actually due to people already having 54 traits + BiS legendarys for Marksman.

If your not too invested in one direction or the other, you can just choose what you prefer at this point. MM performs better without BiS legendarys, hence not being reliant on them whereas BM relies heavily on BiS legendarys to do anything.

this thread makes me feel like a ginger black man :O

Deleted
    BM makes it alot easier to dps while dealing with certain mechanics. Survival isnt bad - but as people say theres so many melee already.

3/10 mythic bm here. According to my experience so far, i was 150k behind on Skorpyron, 100k ahead on chnomatic anomally and 80k on trilliax comparing to mm hunters. Mobility punishes mm so hard. Even thou i am the special mission guy and running towards everywhere to accomplish boss mechanics i dont suffer in terms of dps. moreover its so fun to have unlimited mobility.