Dreadblade's Vigor

New 7.2 trait:

"Dreadblade's Vigor (Rank 1) (New) Curse of the Dreadblades also increases your energy regeneration by #%."

Do you think this means we will use Curse of the Dreadblades outside of Adrenaline Rush? At the moment I use them together but I think we will waste too much energy and will use them separately.

What do you think?

Offhand, without trying to sim it I'd say probably. As it is right now you can stack AR and curse and probably not cap out in most cases. If the buff on Dreadblade's Vigor is at all significant it'll cap out for sure.

I guess the question is will you lose enough energy to being capped to offset the benefit of a completely boosted curse for maximum true bearing triggers?

Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    Offhand, without trying to sim it I'd say probably. As it is right now you can stack AR and curse and probably not cap out in most cases. If the buff on Dreadblade's Vigor is at all significant it'll cap out for sure.

I guess the question is will you lose enough energy to being capped to offset the benefit of a completely boosted curse for maximum true bearing triggers?
    Don't forgot AR has non-energy benefits too. Attack speed and GCD. Especially with true bearing, you'd be crazy not to use AR + curse still. I don't think this changes AR usage much, it just makes the spec less reliant on having AR available along with curse.

You're still going to want to have AR and cotdb up at the same time. Cotdb really pushes the value of blurred time when you have TB up on ar. You get something like I think 1.8 seconds of extra CDR for every 6 combo points. If you are getting about 10 run throughs during AR+cotdb then that's like 18 seconds off of your next AR which will already be at like a 35-45ish second cooldown.

This may help SnD a tiny bit. With all the energy regen SnD gets, using CotDB without AR wasn't that bad, especially if you took vigor.