Thread: Nighthold cache

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    sooooooo whats the deal? read every post and each is more confusing than the last...

DOES the cache upgrade or not????

I have 9 mythic kills total. DO I wait till later in the week to start mission for mythic cache or am I locked into heroic cache already?

if it matters- 40+ heroic NH kills and full Mythic EN clears on this character.

There's nothing confusing about it. It doesn't upgrade once it's posted, it never has and likely never will.

12 kills of "x" difficulty to get that cache. This is required BEFORE THE MISSION POPS ...if it already popped, no sense in waiting, as it's determined the moment it pops in your order hall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekill View Post
    Just had the mission come up in my mission log. If I hold off from completing it until I kill a few more heroic bosses will I get the heroic cache or is it dictated how many kills you have when the mission populates?
    If the cache is already displayed on the mission reward, that is what you'll get. So, if it says normal, you can't change it up that easily.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The quest item for each difficulty has a different item ID, you can see the ID with a macro I posted on last page. So they're completely different quests therefore you can't get mythic cache from heroic quest item.

While ago I made a test because I was close to getting 12 kills on next difficulty, so I sent only 1 follower to nighthold mission with 5% success chance, and the mission failed but I did Not get another mission, until several days later. So I'm not sure if failing the mission on purpose has any benefits, I got the next(upgraded) mission relatively fast, but not immediately after failing like it did in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by impending doom View Post
    In one thread there was info that 12 NH kills should be enough to get that level cache.

I've made this macro that should show item ID and which level the mission item is, since the tooltip doesn't show it directly. To use it you need to run the macro while mouseover the mission item:
    Code:
    /run q={147,149,151,153,171,174,178,181,172,175,182,472,173,177,180,183}d={"LFR","Normal","Heroic","Mythic"}n,l=GameTooltip:GetItem();n,i=strsplit(":",string.match(l,"item[%-?%d:]+"));print(i);for n=0,15 do if q[n+1]==i-140000 then print(d[n%4+1]);end;end
    This macro is, sadly, inaccurate. I ran it on the mission item for Elisande and it returned "mythic". When it completed, it was a heroic cache.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester6578 View Post
    This macro is, sadly, inaccurate. I ran it on the mission item for Elisande and it returned "mythic". When it completed, it was a heroic cache.
    Ah yes for other bosses higher item ID was higher difficulty, but it seems that Elisandre is an exception with HC being 140472 and Mythic being 140182. So I swapped these 2 IDs and here's new fixed macro:

Code:
    /run q={147,149,151,153,171,174,178,181,172,175,472,182,173,177,180,183}d={"LFR","Normal","Heroic","Mythic"}n,l=GameTooltip:GetItem();n,i=strsplit(":",string.match(l,"item[%-?%d:]+"));print(i);for n=0,15 do if q[n+1]==i-140000 then print(d[n%4+1]);end;end

Quote Originally Posted by impending doom View Post
    Ah yes for other bosses higher item ID was higher difficulty, but it seems that Elisandre is an exception with HC being 140472 and Mythic being 140182. So I swapped these 2 IDs and here's new fixed macro:

Code:
    /run q={147,149,151,153,171,174,178,181,172,175,472,182,173,177,180,183}d={"LFR","Normal","Heroic","Mythic"}n,l=GameTooltip:GetItem();n,i=strsplit(":",string.match(l,"item[%-?%d:]+"));print(i);for n=0,15 do if q[n+1]==i-140000 then print(d[n%4+1]);end;end

Great work !
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    12 kills of "x" difficulty to get that cache. This is required BEFORE THE MISSION POPS ...if it already popped, no sense in waiting, as it's determined the moment it pops in your order hall.
    I finished my "heroic" cache and it gave me mythic gear. So I don't know about the emphasized part of your post.