Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    So, the main issue with the current artifact power is that people feel they are behind with alts or by starting later. This got me thinking:

What if next expansion introduced something similar, but account wide? Think off the following:

1.The basics work exactly like right now, maybe some tweaks if necessary.
    2.Some of the bonusses are character based, these take like 2 months to unlock in total and are just for the character you are playing. The last trait opens up a bonus speeding up this process by 100% for the rest of your account.
    3.After this there are various account wide bonusses both in power and cosmetic, think the current bonus that offers a +0.5% damage every trait. This is instantly for -all- your characters! This is the longer expansion wide progression.
    4.These account wide bonusses are sometimes alternated by character-only bonusses, these are purely cosmetic and are aimed at folks just playing a single character. This are mostly alternative bonusses for whenever an account wide bonus wouldn't do anything for a person just playing one character. Think of a title, a tabard or a toy.
    5.Other bonusses can be more cosmetic or offer a fun feature for your account that you'd unlock. Who wants a service that teleports you to the nearest archeology digsite once every 30 minutes?
    6.Power gained through quests and such give the full 100% power the first time you use it. For your alts it gives 100% if you work towards your character bonusses and 25% if you work towards your account wide bonusses.

Some of the account-wide bonusses you should think off: An extra character slot, increased bank space. Allowing you to start a single character at 60, a free month of gametime or a weekly reset of a non-current expansion lockout of your choosing (allowing you to get loot twice from an old raid in the same week). On top of this some power-boosting bonusses think bonusses giving you +0.5% damage, higher Ilevel drops from worldquests and increased chance for items to warforge in dungeons. Maybe even halving the required WQ's done for an emmisary quest if you already did it on another character on your account.

The great thing about this is, catch up for alts, progress for your main and plenty of rewards to progress through in an expansions duration. After the expansion new rewards can be added and old rewards can be kept.

What do you guys think?
    Imean, mostly because It'd lower our play time by a lot, and Blizzard knows that? The whole system Is made for nothing more than to give us the Illusion of a reward and progression and make us dedicate alot of unneeded time for something so stupid. Rather then making gear the progression and deciding how strong we are (As It barely matters, gear drops left right and center, you get an epic helmet from kicking nuts around for 5 minutes and horaay) It's AP that decides this, and If you're behind on putting AP Into your generic 5 % damage upgrade trait, you're way behind.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you want to play an alt, you should actually play the alt. There is no reason to give it the same power as your main basically just for free and for doing nothing.

Should alts have catch-up? Sure.
    Should they be given the same power level as your main for free? Certainly not.
    I agree, except that alts should not have a catch up.