Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Whoever is in charge of pvp should be embarrassed. Those aren't tweaks or minor changes. If I was that guys boss and saw those live changes on my million dollar cash cow I'd fire him, out of a cannon, into the sun. Pvp devs must be blow job artists.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Right? 5% is a "tweak" - 25% is a huge change. The percentages that they're tweaking with are sadly funny - Holinka just keeps screwing that pooch over and over. Templates were a good idea on paper, but like everything he touches, it just doesn't work.

Why do people always have to look for a specific person to blame? It's a team effort.

No Boomkin ST changes? :<

Also, a unicorn build! Woah~

Quote Originally Posted by Oftenwrongsoong View Post
    I don't understand your monthly computer build recommendations. I suspect "Unicorn" is the "best" build recommendation of the options, right? That notwithstanding, none of them make any sense at all.

For example, your power supply for the "unicorn" is a paltry $99 EVGA G2 with 650W? Um, for a "unicorn" build you'd probably need at least 1000W and you should use at least a Corsair HXi or better.

Motherboard is the ASUS Z270-A? WTF? If you have a Unicorn build you want to OC and tweak, and definitely want the most options and stability available to you, so you should at least have the ASUS Hero IX or IX Code motherboard.

The "unicorn" is fitted with 16GB of DDR 4 memory... Um, really?

Graphics card, the "unicorn" of computers this month is the 1060 or 1070... what in the actual fuck are you recommending?
    T
    And don't even get me going on your peripheral recommendations. A 60Hz monitor is your "unicorn?" And why the hell are you recommending the Z523s?

The recommendations are laughable, and I hope no one ever actually takes them seriously. It's clear you are simply passing along cheap substitutes to your audience in the hopes they click the link and buy it. Don't mask these recommendations as anything other than what they are: Cheap builds that you think your audience can afford in the hopes they click your link.

Disgusting. Get it off the front page.
    A lot of thought has never been put into them. It has always jumped out to me as a lazy thrown together build. The important part being that they are all amazon links so MMO-Champion makes some money whenenver someone buys something using those links. I also agree even suggesting to put a 1060 in a ~1400 build is ridiculous and a 1070 should be the standard for that price point, but you can easily even fit a 1080 into a $1400 budget.

That being said, you are totally off with the PSU requirement and 16GB is more than 99.9% of gamers will use in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by kornek21 View Post
    having a warlock as a main myself, i dont see the problem here

"Chaos Bolt's damage has been increased by 25% in PvP situations."

that to me more then compensates the other "nerfs" that destro get if you ask me, 25% increase in damage on chaos bolt is a HUGE thing considering how already powerful that spell is.
    A 25% damage buff is all well and good, but making it a slower cast time indirectly through nerfing backdraft and reverse entropy? God forbid a melee misses his interrupt :P How many iterations of chaos bolt damage have we gone through so far this patch already? They have no clue what they're doing.

The NZXT Source 210 case recommended for the two lower end builds is seemingly unavailable everywhere I look. Can anyone suggest an alternative or what to look for to find an equivalent case compatible with these builds?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanisa View Post
    The NZXT Source 210 case recommended for the two lower end builds is seemingly unavailable everywhere I look. Can anyone suggest an alternative or what to look for to find an equivalent case compatible with these builds?
    Corsair makes some decent cases around $50, Rosewill Challenger is also okay.

Quote Originally Posted by kornek21 View Post
    having a warlock as a main myself, i dont see the problem here

"Chaos Bolt's damage has been increased by 25% in PvP situations."

that to me more then compensates the other "nerfs" that destro get if you ask me, 25% increase in damage on chaos bolt is a HUGE thing considering how already powerful that spell is.
    what? the dmg buff in no way compensates for the cast time nerf.
    what does it matter that the dmg was bumped if it's now a lot harder to get casts off?