Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I just want to quote barney Stinson: new is always better (well, at least mostly).

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't consider any form of fake servers WoW, so just talking about Retail.

Retail WoW exists since 2004(US)/2005(EU).

What makes Legion better then Vanilla?
    - World Quests
    - Gear with multiple main stats (str/agi gear can be used as int gear, I know this is mainly a WoD feature but I did not play that)
    - Transmog (especially Ensembles to get a full set), Legion's collection system also far surpasses the "keep it in your bank/void storage"
    - Talent/spec switching, much easier now, but also sort of less choice, but cookie cutter builds exist in both versions regardless.
    - Level scaling, of course I don't mean 1-60 scaling in vanilla would have been good, and vanilla had mutliple paths (3 start zones per faction) but current day tech of being able to choose multiple zones to level within a certain level range is nicer then later expansions which forced you into 1-2 zones.

There's a ton of stuff that's also worse but not the point of this thread.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-02-20 at 07:18 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Kek, "DPS: we deliver", nice times, but still... I honestly don't think that DPS was more widespread than DD back in the day, people even tried to correct others at some point, but eventually gave up O_o

I might have failed then, sorry for DPSer vs DD shitposting.

Not sure what you are going on about. I played many private servers during bc. On all servers the official server was referred to as retail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooooo, what OP means is... Live vs. Private?

Weeeeell, retail version wins due to updating content, for me. As well as the fact, I play live, and have friends here.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Everything, wouldn't swap 1 thing with classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Not sure what you are going on about. I played many private servers during bc. On all servers the official server was referred to as retail.
    Eh? That's exactly what I'm saying

But another guy had a bit different definition of retail

Actually retail in terms of private servers usually means gear aquisition and levelling xp rates. They'll all be 1x and no gear vendors. Retail private servers can be any generation of WoW.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh? That's exactly what I'm saying

But another guy had a bit different definition of retail

Ah, yeah. Couldn't really figure out who was trying to say what.

We called servers with rates at 1x to be blizzlike, rest were pretty much all called custom/fun servers.

You're really that bored?

Why refer to retail in the past tense?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Its better because its boring and repetitive. That's the new 'fun' these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Doing some research and would like to hear your opinions
    There's already a thread for this topic.

Deleted
    I'm guessing retail is Legion, right?

If that's the case, how about we start with every spec being at least sort of viable at max level, instead of most specs being laughably awful.

Kek, "DPS: we deliver", nice times, but still... I honestly don't think that DPS was more widespread than DD back in the day, people even tried to correct others at some point, but eventually gave up O_o

I might have failed then, sorry for DPSer vs DD shitposting.
    From what I remember, it was mainly looking for class/spec. Instead of need damage, it was need mage or warlock etc. Or ret pally/enh sham LFG instead of dps pally/shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing. This is just going to be the same discussion as the already existing thread, and is largely just trolling.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)