Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by beelgers View Post
    I'd be curious to see many logs of people doing 2/2/26 on Heroic from a group with a reasonable item level for heroic (not some team deep into mythics doing a quick farm for tier or something)
    I know from running with around 25 hc caliber players (aka we haven't cleared NH HC yet, working on Elisande because people still haven't figured out how to dodge the orbs from p1 apparently) 4 healers feel nice. They're not the best healers, sure enough, but I feel like you lose so little dps taking one more healer that the safety net is too good to pass on, especially when you know you have some fucktards in your raid so you'll need the healing, and as others have said the dps checks aren't an issue like, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    i really hope this is the case, but i kinda need some proof to throw at my raid leader, otherwise the obsession over mechanic breakpoints will continue.
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Flexible_Raid

Under breakpoint section. An older post (by Ion) which has been applied to live servers years ago (when SoO was still current content).

Example: at 10 players in tichondrius get 2 seeker swarm debuff. At 12 players there's 2 seeker swarms and a 40% chance of getting a third. So, at 14 players, it's basically the worst you could do, as you have to deal with more stuff with less players. Going with a safe number of mechanics is better imo.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnTorpedo View Post
    (aka we haven't cleared NH HC yet, working on Elisande because people still haven't figured out how to dodge the orbs from p1 apparently)
    Not relevant to thread but advice I found worked for my little lemmings was to (assuming it's the double ring that is often killing people) wait for the second opening on the first of the double rings - this will put you in a perfect position as the second ring comes in to easily avoid it without any fast movement or reactions at all really. Just don't get them to go for the first opening because if they're bad at moving the second ring will likely hurt / kill them. In p2 the double ring is immediately followed by the dropping orbs, so make sure people handle that after.

@ceall during SoO we only had 2 flexi mechanics over the entire raid - the vast majority had fixed breakpoints, although different bosses had different points (some 10-15-20, some 13-18-23, etc)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Not relevant to thread but advice I found worked for my little lemmings was to (assuming it's the double ring that is often killing people) wait for the second opening on the first of the double rings - this will put you in a perfect position as the second ring comes in to easily avoid it without any fast movement or reactions at all really. Just don't get them to go for the first opening because if they're bad at moving the second ring will likely hurt / kill them. In p2 the double ring is immediately followed by the dropping orbs, so make sure people handle that after.

@ceall during SoO we only had 2 flexi mechanics over the entire raid - the vast majority had fixed breakpoints, although different bosses had different points (some 10-15-20, some 13-18-23, etc)
    That's good advice, thank you ! I don't really know yet what's killing them after about 2h worth of tries, as I must RL being a melee and just find it easier to follow the boss around and profit from my mobility to just move out of the way when the last orbs close on the boss, but I will definitely pass it along !