Poll: What do you think?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Legendaries x RNG = really bad combination

I like the token idea. So tokens still drop like a legendary, so its RNG, yet u can choose ur legendary, thats a lil less RNG.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    We all know that legendary system is bad. Too much RNG for such a difference in performance is ridiculous, so I've come with two ideas:

1.Tokens.
    What about tokens that you can change to whatever legendary you want?
    Like we were doing that before with tier tokens.
    You get the token -> you go to the Dalaran where is the legendary Vendor -> you change your token to whatever legendary you want.

2. Changeable legendaries.
    You don't like your legendary? You can just sell it and buy a new one in the legendary vendor.
    In before questions like "are people going to change legendaries like gloves?!" - No.
    Whenever you sell a legendary you get a token(in this idea - tokens don't drop, only legendary item, you have to sell it to get one token), and then you buy a new legendary with it... and 50/100(random numbers) of Bloods of Sargeras.

What do you think?
    You cant fix destroyed junk system. Legendaries are a failed idea and thats all.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Instead of per spec legendaries, have them swap functionality based on your spec like your set bonus does.

Then put the utility and DPS legendaries in separate bad luck queues. And let people wear one of each.

And then have proper paragon point system so people with jobs can actually swap specs and have alts again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    You can't farm legendaries, at least not in any kind of targetted way like you're suggesting. The tokens are just like the Tanaan ones, normal items. The "can give a legendary" is just because everything in Legion is meant to be able to give legendaries, it's not the ability to target legendaries.
    I'm guessing/hoping those tokens will allow some degree of targetting. As in if you buy a chest token, it can only drop chest legendaries, etc.

You can't farm legendaries, at least not in any kind of targetted way like you're suggesting. The tokens are just like the Tanaan ones, normal items. The "can give a legendary" is just because everything in Legion is meant to be able to give legendaries, it's not the ability to target legendaries.
    I think you miss the point. If it has a chance to yield legendaries, you want a bracer and get the bracer token. You can get that token to potentially pop the legendary in the bloated loot table because that token if it drops a legendary isn't going to be a ring if it's for a bracer. If you can have multiple tokens which on it doesn't say about being uniquely in your bag and so forth then yes, you can force a legendary you want it's just about your willpower.

These tokens will probably be part of the Fel Legion and garrison crusade they are going for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peskre View Post
    Return them to the pre MoP state.
    Pre-MOP stasis also had RNG drop legendaries... Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    I think you miss the point. If it has a chance to yield legendaries, you want a bracer and get the bracer token. You can get that token to potentially pop the legendary in the bloated loot table because that token if it drops a legendary isn't going to be a ring if it's for a bracer. If you can have multiple tokens which on it doesn't say about being uniquely in your bag and so forth then yes, you can force a legendary you want it's just about your willpower.

These tokens will probably be part of the Fel Legion and garrison crusade they are going for.
    Again, I'm not convinced that the token will correspond to the legendary you can get from it. I just read it as them adding "you can get a legendary, like from anything else" to the token, not "you can target specific legendaries".
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prejumpton View Post
    the problem is not how to fix them but their willingness to do so.
    i can think 10+ ways how to fix, from back of the head.. and while formulating i probably can think even more...

in all seriousness though, the route it seems they are taking now is probably the best.
    they've already nerfed some of the stronger DPs legendary's and buffed some of the utility ones to close the gap between them.
    i would assume that every mayor patch they'll do some more tweaking until the difference in terms of usefulness from legendary's becomes negligible to the part where switching them in/out based on the fight becomes a thing.

though this will most likely take the whole of the expansion or at least until the final raid tier of the current expansion.

in the end, a system like we currently have shouldn't have been implemented in the first place.
    sure, the older systems might have seem dated and more monotonous but in the end are far better than the current system.

Again, I'm not convinced that the token will correspond to the legendary you can get from it. I just read it as them adding "you can get a legendary, like from anything else" to the token, not "you can target specific legendaries".
    OK if you insist. You're entitled to your belief, if it does go the way I said then at least people have a bit more movement. I just highly doubt in a token loot table that's directed to consist of bracers that they will go to the effort of adding all 10 legendaries as to 1 to that slot. Just extra work really.

OK if you insist. You're entitled to your belief, if it does go the way I said then at least people have a bit more movement. I just highly doubt in a token loot table that's directed to consist of bracers that they will go to the effort of adding all 10 legendaries as to 1 to that slot. Just extra work really.
    I doubt they actually add all legendaries to it individually, they just flag it as "can drop legendaries" and that's it.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I doubt they actually add all legendaries to it individually, they just flag it as "can drop legendaries" and that's it.
    But doesn't that mean if not all legendaries then you can target a few? They can't falsely say "it may drop legendaries" and not do it either. That would outrage the player base.

But doesn't that mean if not all legendaries then you can target a few? They can't falsely say "it may drop legendaries" and not do it either. That would outrage the player base.
    What I'm saying is that they don't manually add every single legendary they want it to drop, they just have one setting that decides whether it can drop any legendary, which then calls a completely seperate system that checks which legendaries you have, your lootspec etc and then gives you one(if you're lucky).
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

What I'm saying is that they don't manually add every single legendary they want it to drop, they just have one setting that decides whether it can drop any legendary, which then calls a completely seperate system that checks which legendaries you have, your lootspec etc and then gives you one(if you're lucky).
    But doing something like that adds more work. In theory that's what happens now true, because it already reads your lootspec, legendaries you got to provide a new one but the token having to call on the system that's already in place is a tad bit pointless. Why implement yet another cache idea to a single token that's designed to focus 1 slot. The answer is, there isn't. Because then every token with multiple people opening them, on multiple servers would overload a single system and a system that is dealt with on a regular daily basis, with this token in tow and potentially farm it can go bananas.
    The logic doesn't quite make sense. But it is Blizzard.

But doing something like that adds more work. In theory that's what happens now true, because it already reads your lootspec, legendaries you got to provide a new one but the token having to call on the system that's already in place is a tad bit pointless. Why implement yet another cache idea to a single token that's designed to focus 1 slot. The answer is, there isn't. Because then every token with multiple people opening them, on multiple servers would overload a single system and a system that is dealt with on a regular daily basis, with this token in tow and potentially farm it can go bananas.
    The logic doesn't quite make sense. But it is Blizzard.
    No, doing what I'm saying is much less work, because the system that gives legendaries is already implemented, so they just have to flag the tokens to be able to make use of that already-in-place system.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Logicbank View Post

in all seriousness though, the route it seems they are taking now is probably the best.
    they've already nerfed some of the stronger DPs legendary's and buffed some of the utility ones to close the gap between them.
    i would assume that every mayor patch they'll do some more tweaking until the difference in terms of usefulness from legendary's becomes negligible to the part where switching them in/out based on the fight becomes a thing.

though this will most likely take the whole of the expansion or at least until the final raid tier of the current expansion.

in the end, a system like we currently have shouldn't have been implemented in the first place.
    sure, the older systems might have seem dated and more monotonous but in the end are far better than the current system.

you basically said that they don't fix it - fine tuning and minor tweaks (with patches) would have happened, even, if legendary system would have been considered great and without problems.

Well, first we have to analize what is bad and what is good in the system.

Good:
    1) WoW playerbase consist many types of players; mythic raiders, heroic/normal raiders, super casuals, now you can add people that just progress through mythic+, legendaries are useful and obtainable for all of them (beside PVPers, but legendary don't fit into PVP, where skill should be only important element)
    2) specific items are rare, not like in MoP and WoD when everybody had the item and this item slot was basically occupied whole expansion - not like Artifact, because relics replace weapon drops
    3) again, no slot is occupied because you switch legendary depend of the situation
    4) system spice up AP farming, AP exist to have post max level progression and give reason to do things that you wouldnt be motivate to do otherwise - like 4 world quests, daily dungeon, battleground, mythic+ ; thanks to AP when we log in we have multiple things to do and every single one matters. But without legendaries it would be more predictable and become tedious - with legendary you know something exciting may happen. It work, otherwise they would stop puting new legendaries with every patch.

Bad:
    1) Pure luck based, have almost nothing to do with player skill
    2) Some legendary are much better than others, and some may be completely worthless; this may kill excitement for next legend for some people
    3) Spec-only legendaries - when change loot spec (and this may be done by accident) you risk that you can get item that is useless for your main spec
    4) Alt problem and 5) New player problem - they are same thing, legendaries discourage from rerolling.

Now, let ask yourselfs, what group have problem with legendaries? It's easy - raiders. Especially mythic raiders. To be fact, only mythic raiders. Small minority, so fixes for 'bad' things cannot destroy what is 'good' with the system. Here are my ideas:

- All legendaries are designed for raids in mind - utility may be an extra proc disabled in raid instance
    - No spec specific legendaries - if proc is for specific spec, it should change when you switch spec.

- Hardest thing to do - all legendary must be equaly wanted, they may be different ways to do it:
    1) every legendary works well with different talent build - but this would be nightmare to balance, so it's not worth devs time
    2) every legendary is designed and is bis for different boss in the raid
    a) hard way - fight is designed that way so specific legendary proc works best with it
    b) easy way - flat dps/armor/heal increased for that specific boss
    c) super easy way - inside the instance legendary proc is enabled only during specific fight - every legendary is good for different boss
    Remember that b) and c) could be enabled only on mythic difficulty, 'bis' legendary problem doesn't affect casual raiders.

Now, what to do with new players or alts? Let them just buy it. Really. I would design it something like that:
    - for new players: when new patch hit and you have much less legends than expected, you can buy BoA token (maybe for like 10.000 order resources) and roll for one. Remember, there are no 'must have' legendaries so no one would want level same class again for another token. So it would be like that: up to 1 legend in 7.1, up to 2 in 7.1.5, up to 3 in 7.2 etc.

So there is no point in farming for legends, it comes free, you may ask. Wrong:
    - Artifact Power, duh
    - you still have more legends when you normally play the game.

For alts I would let them buy up to one less than your main have (so if I have 5, my fresh alts can buy 4 tokens etc.). One less, so you won't farm it on different chars, but rather focus on one - because chance of getting next legend increase every time even on current system.

I think with this changes we keep benefits from the system and eliminate bad things. I know empathy is rare thing on this forum, but when you disscuss stuff like this please think about different points of view. You know, I just created wall of text about fixing problem that are not affected me or even most of the playerbase in any way - consider this if you whine next time about things like that and never consider casual POV.

Quote Originally Posted by InTeNsO View Post
    How about just delete all DPS Legendarys.
    It should be the complete opposite, in my opinion. An item would not feel legendary if it gives you an absorb shield equal to a percentage of your max hp after you blink. That is just shitty. What is legendary about that? In my opinion, nothing..

However, if legendaries were all a great boost to your characters power the item would actually feel legendary and powerful. Naturally, there is always going to be BiS legendaries in this case, but if the legendaries at the same time altered and catered specific playstyles (such as a DoT oriented Unholy Death Knight like with the class trinket from Hellfire Citadel) AND provided a significant boost to your character's power.. That would be cool. And regarding the concern about the need to have the BiS legendary, this has always been the case in WoW. There has always been BiS gear sets for every single class, especially when it comes to trinkets, tier sets and weapons. Now one or two of those gear slots requires considerably more luck.. so what.. every time to get a legendary you have increasingly higher chance of receiving the "correct" one on your next attempt. To solve this, decrease the amount of legendaries (which would already partially be solved if all utility legendaries were removed because the pool would be smaller).

Add #5 to poll: Too bad for legendary, for new expansion.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Too late to revamp the system for this expansion unless they like merge certain legendaries to work for all specs with a different effect, and greatly reduce the available number of them.

Some classes got like 2-3 legendaries of the same slot with different spec/effect, they should be merged, and they can already do it like Chain of Tharyn behaves different for all 3 pala specs despite being based off avenging wrath.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prejumpton View Post

you basically said that they don't fix it - fine tuning and minor tweaks (with patches) would have happened, even, if legendary system would have been considered great and without problems.

i never said they don't fix it.

if you think the current speed at which things are going isn't fast enough take that up with blizzard, not with me.
    I'm just pitching in my 2 cent's whilst playing devils advocate on their behalf. (because it might drive genuine discussion)

thing is, if you instantly enforce a hard change to a system like this it can have a pretty big impact on the player base.
    even though that impact might be positive, it will be big.

and while i still think the entire legion legendary system in itself is a pile of poorly designed badly previewed and sloppily executed system, i will give them credit for not shocking the system whilst still working to improve it, as best they can.

then again... seeing that the current system got implemented in the first place, i can't blame you for your current stance on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    Tbh i think all that needs to be done is to add a legendary trader in that allows you to switch legendaries based on which slot they are in. This would allow you to play other specs/have other loot specs without fear.

However for this to work, the legendaries would need to be in set slots for all spec.
    That could be a good idea also.

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    You cant fix destroyed junk system. Legendaries are a failed idea and thats all.
    Unfortunately you could have right...

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    Legendaries x RNG = really bad combination

I like the token idea. So tokens still drop like a legendary, so its RNG, yet u can choose ur legendary, thats a lil less RNG.
    That was my idea, to not delete legendaries, but make them a little bit less RNG.