Deleted

Krosus Mythic struggle

Hello.

I have some huge problems with maintaining a good dps on Krosus M. Currently I have 901ilvl, 49 Artefact lvl, Rhonin's and Elo'vir legendaries and i am struggling to get above 550k dps.
    Can someone help me with finding a way to improve?

Logs:

* Newst logs:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...iew=analytical

* Logs from last week:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pkgV3#fight=35

Thanks in advance

Deleted
    Stack haste. Sims way better than crit, atleast for me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nysmoln View Post
    Stack haste. Sims way better than crit, atleast for me
    sims tend to be very overbearing when it comes to haste, and just bcoz it sims higher doesnt mean it is technically better.

10+ Year Old Account
    - Failed post, disregard -
    Last edited by Torian kel; 2017-02-24 at 09:15 PM.

Deleted
    But... I am playing Arcane :x

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    Hello.

I have some huge problems with maintaining a good dps on Krosus M. Currently I have 901ilvl, 49 Artefact lvl, Rhonin's and Elo'vir legendaries and i am struggling to get above 550k dps.
    Can someone help me with finding a way to improve?

Logs:

* Newst logs:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...iew=analytical

* Logs from last week:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pkgV3#fight=35

Thanks in advance
    - If you're doing what your siming or staying close to your sim dps you can't really do much more with current gear
    - Belo'vir does nothing for your DPS, at all
    - Not having 54 traits is the little thing that brings down your overall dps capabilities
    - I don't think Prolonged is good for Krosus, it's ST fight even with all the adds, Deadly Grace will make a difference

But... I am playing Arcane :x
    Tbh your rotation does not seem too bad, neither does ur mana management.
    You seem to be expecting more from a class that is not that strong without the required legendaries.

The only thing I am not sure about is your burn phase and opener. Try building to 3-4 stacks of AB before you start your burst with Aluneth/RoP if you are not already. Bit hard to see in the log.

Looking at your 6 minute wipe where you pulled 500k:

- 4 Marks of Aluneth in 6 minutes? You should have been able to fit at least 2 more there. You don't have to line it up with every single AP, just with an RoP at the least.
    - Apparently your flask expired halfway through this pull
    - It's hard to see exactly on WCL but I think you might not be saving enough Arcane Missiles for Runes of Power. Every time you combine ROP with AM, make sure you have at least 2 charges.

In a 5:19 pull where you pulled 550k:
    - I noticed you immediately dumped 3 of your AM charges (after AP + ROP + MoA at start) into Krosus, even though he was not affected by touch of the magi. In this case, it would have been better to bank the charges - only using ONE when you cap at 3 - until your RoP comes off cooldown OR TotM shows up again.

The 75th percentile for Arcane Mages at your ilvl in M Krosus is 633k DPS. So even if you had those last 5 points (=2.5% more damage), you'd still barely be pushing 560k DPS or so, which means I don't think you're capped by gear, especially considering you have at least one BiS legendary.

I really think that fixing your Mark of Aluneth timings and being patient with your AM charges will be a big boost to your DPS though. Our damage is 100% based around major and minor burst windows, so even if AM does more damage than AB in general, it doesn't mean you should use them on cooldown. There is no harm in saving 2+ charges for 30 seconds if it means waiting for your next RoP or Totm proc, because the net DPS gain is much larger.

One last thing: I saw from your other logs you have Cord of Infinity... use it!! It's absolutely a DPS gain over Belo'virs. You even did more damage on Augur at a lower ilvl when you used CoI + Rhonins, compared to your later parse (at a higher level) where you used Belovir+Rhonins. You can even free up a space for your last 4 set piece.
    Last edited by trm90; 2017-02-24 at 10:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    Looking at your 6 minute wipe where you pulled 500k:

- 4 Marks of Aluneth in 6 minutes? You should have been able to fit at least 2 more there. You don't have to line it up with every single AP, just with an RoP at the least.
    - Apparently your flask expired halfway through this pull
    - It's hard to see exactly on WCL but I think you might not be saving enough Arcane Missiles for Runes of Power. Every time you combine ROP with AM, make sure you have at least 2 charges.

In a 5:19 pull where you pulled 550k:
    - I noticed you immediately dumped 3 of your AM charges (after AP + ROP + MoA at start) into Krosus, even though he was not affected by touch of the magi. In this case, it would have been better to bank the charges - only using ONE when you cap at 3 - until your RoP comes off cooldown OR TotM shows up again.

The 75th percentile for Arcane Mages at your ilvl in M Krosus is 633k DPS. So even if you had those last 5 points (=2.5% more damage), you'd still barely be pushing 560k DPS or so, which means I don't think you're capped by gear, especially considering you have at least one BiS legendary.

I really think that fixing your Mark of Aluneth timings and being patient with your AM charges will be a big boost to your DPS though. Our damage is 100% based around major and minor burst windows, so even if AM does more damage than AB in general, it doesn't mean you should use them on cooldown. There is no harm in saving 2+ charges for 30 seconds if it means waiting for your next RoP or Totm proc, because the net DPS gain is much larger.

One last thing: I saw from your other logs you have Cord of Infinity... use it!! It's absolutely a DPS gain over Belo'virs. You even did more damage on Augur at a lower ilvl when you used CoI + Rhonins, compared to your later parse (at a higher level) where you used Belovir+Rhonins. You can even free up a space for your last 4 set piece.
    Thanks for response.

I was using MoA always with AP because i read in arc guide on altered-time forum that it is no difference if u do it that way or burn it on cd. Was that not true?

In respect to Touch of magi tip. Should i then always wait for it on pull before burning all AM charges even though AP buff and RoP is up?

I have cord but it is simming like 8k lower than chest that is why i stopped to use it :s

Thanks for response.

I was using MoA always with AP because i read in arc guide on altered-time forum that it is no difference if u do it that way or burn it on cd. Was that not true?

In respect to Touch of magi tip. Should i then always wait for it on pull before burning all AM charges even though AP buff and RoP is up?

I have cord but it is simming like 8k lower than chest that is why i stopped to use it :s
    He's correct about MoA, MoA hits roughly the same as arcane blast although it's an AoE, costs zero mana, and most importantly will let you get an extra hit (pre casted) during RoP and/or AP cooldowns. So you're going to want to line this up with RoP as frequent as possible and not always delay it for AP.

Theoretically perfectly lining up AM with touch of the magi may sometimes lead to dps increases, however doing that often leads to clipping AM procs, having the projectiles of AM hit boss after (travel time) TotM has worn out, and sometimes even screwing up RoP cd's by delaying using AM too long. Honestly I'd just ignore TotM and pretend it doesn't really exist for AM.

You're also correct about Belo'vir being better then cord, the extra intellect from a 940 chest (actually almost on par with rhonin's) outweighs the mediocre effect on cord, however this also somewhat depends on the other pieces in your bag; if you had a 925 chest as opposed to a basic 900 chest the extra intellect would be less.

Overall though you're doing somewhat okay for your gear, legendaries, and weapon level. With some gameplay tweaks you may be able to bump your dps by 30-50k but nothing drastic.

Tips for Krosus:

1. If you're banking AM procs, never bank more then one (applies to all bosses actually), the reason for this is if you were going to bank 2, there's a decent chance you're going to hit arcane blast, proc a 3rd AM, but then already have smashed your button and started another arcane blast cast and proc another AM; thus clipping a proc and losing a lot of free damage.

2. Try to never single target the adds (starting an AB cast and having it fail because the add died is bad), after soaking your pitch in the back it's best to blink/displacement to the biggest clump of adds around the middle or front of the bridge (preferably so Krosus is also getting hit by AE) so you can spam arcane explosion on as many targets as possible.

3. Try to preemptively be on the correct side of the bridge before he casts his laser; shimmer and displacement combo are great here.

- - - Updated - - -

rip apparently I can't send PM's (or links for that matter) until I get to 10 posts, anyways to the guy who pmed me earlier, hope you see this lol

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoliz
    Hello! I noticed you give awesome advice to another arcane mage on the forums. I am the RL of a team that is 3/10M and voted to go to Krosus next. It is my task to get feedback for everyone as our DPS is quite low, not meeting the minimum.

Our two mages are Cellice and Faire, both are arcane. Do you mind taking a look at the logs and shedding some insight on to what they can be doing better? Cellice is hitting the mark most pulls (but specifically asked me to get feedback for him) - Faire however is struggling.

We did have a few pulls where we did a "no DPS besides adds" pull, so the "overall" data will be skewed by those (we just wanted to learn mechanics). We also tossed in a forth healer because Faire kept lagging out and a healer was the only option as backup that night.

I really appreciate any insight you can offer to help my team mages.

warcraftlogs - /reports/jwaDgmP1VGvW4nAb#fight=25

Thank you again!

Didn't go over Cellice much because he's doing pretty fine for his gear for the most part.

However went over Faires' logs (wipe 12) a bit more in-depth, two things stood out:

1. He isn't casting arcane explosion at all during burning pitch

2. He screwed up a few Rune of Power cd's; for instance he used RoP and didn't cast Arcane Missiles once (should be waiting for 1-2 procs before dropping it in most cases) at the 16 second mark, he used RoP at the 70 second mark and dumped his arcane charges (super bad mistake) with barrage immediately right after.

Anyways tell him to start using AE on adds and to line up his RoP better with AM procs and his dps may spike a bit.

Here are my personal logs for our Krosus progression if either of them wants to use it as a reference:
    warcraftlogs - /reports/qhfbpyGjwYFRAgnZ#view=analytical&type=damage-done&boss=1842&difficulty=5&wipes=1