For leveling and general use which 100 talent?

while my elemental is themed and i would prefer a fire talent (ascendance) i find that it is underwhelming thing that i should just burn every 3 minutes.

Is either of the other 2 better? i have used icefury and its impact on frost shock seems great just hate adding another hard cast to the overall play of things it would almost be better to just let u fire off 4 frost shocks and buff thier damage.

any input?

They are all situationally good with Icefury being the hardest to use. You can just use Lightningrod for leveling and dungeons and be just fine.
    Hi Sephurik

I would definately go with Ascendance for levelling. I find it always good to have that on demand burst if you need to get a high health rare or elite down on your own.

For solo levelling: Ascendance for burst on elites/extra pulls
    For levelling in groups or dungeons: LR for the easy, sustained cleave damage. Also less reliant on Mastery from gear.

LR and IF won't have a meaningful effect on how fast you can clear leveling content, Asc can chunk through elites you may not kill at all otherwise.

ok and i guess its spam LB as ascendance? its a shame there isn't some cooler dynamic to going into the form other then spaming the same abilities (i know that chain lightening becomes something else but its mainly visual i think)

Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    ok and i guess its spam LB as ascendance? its a shame there isn't some cooler dynamic to going into the form other then spaming the same abilities (i know that chain lightening becomes something else but its mainly visual i think)
    I'ld suggest spamming LvB (Lava Burst) over LB (Lightning Bolt) during Ascendance.
    If you're going to level with it, don't be afraid to use it in any situation you can chain pull or pull 3-4 mobs at once and turret them down.

well i have the lightening rod thing hard to know if its doing anything lol.

wish i could throw in the magma totem here instead of any of these 3 just my style i just like having two lava bursts thou

- - - Updated - - -

what about getting magma, icy fury and dumping the 2x lava burst? thoughts?

Generally the only time you want to take LMT is for aoe in mythic+ - it's pretty weak on ST but trucks on AoE - I'd 100% keep Echo for lvl'ing purposes, it's your hardest hitting spell outside of ES and you can get Lava Surge procs for instant LvB's to truck a mobs HP. I actually use Ice Fury for world quests - my ele set is also 895 - just because it gives you more burst dmg w/o relying on Ascendance. Properly utilizing the spec is the hardest part of IF in general, rotating your Frost Shock with Elemental Focus after LvB's will net you a lot more damage and IF as is can 1 shot mobs - IF can also be really good if you overpull and need to use FS on the move, Ascendance is better in this regard but IF allows you to pull bigger packs more often. That's my personal opinion though.