Plz have a look at these logs (Enhancement Shaman)

Hi,

i recentely joined a small HC-only raiding guild, besides my M-guild (takin a break). Can some of you have a look at these logs and tell me what our enh shaman is doing wrong ? He often is around 50 on ILVL% and overall, whereas our rogue, hunter, owl etc. have better results with comparable gear.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2&difficulty=0

I am mostly interested in his overall mistakes. I am less interested in "he let run out buff xyz 3 times in a fight for 3 seconds" etc, which results in minor dps loss. I am interested in what in general he is doing wrong, to be only around 50 in the logs. Or in short: The "big" mistakes.

Would be super nice if someone of you could check that quickly.

Thx in advance
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-02-24 at 11:41 AM.

*im not reading logs*
    his missing:
    7% dmg buff. From ap.
    200agi enchant cloak.
    3x not best relics (bis are with Wind Strikes).

Bet he has to practice more with his rotation even simply on dummy.
    Results from augur/krosus arent too good. +Enh depends highly on rng.

Legendary wrists are really weak. If he has any other legendaries use them.
    On Krosus, Bloodlust and Feral Spirits at 25 seconds in. WTF?
    Again Trilliax, Bloodlust at 6 seconds, Feral Spirits at 21 seconds?

He needs to learn his opener for sure

Quote Originally Posted by sebax313 View Post
    *im not reading logs*
    his missing:
    7% dmg buff. From ap.
    200agi enchant cloak.

Having 2 legendary stat sticks are not helping either.
    Ring is pretty much still BiS, helm/boots are good ST, as is Trinket, with belt & chest being a boost purely in AoE/Cleave situations.
    Training on dummy always helps, especially if he has issues reacting to procs or keeping up buffs. (<85% Boulderfist/Landslide uptime on all encounters, <80% FT, thinking it falls off mostly during AoE/Cleave, if it's only on AoE, should try to rebuff if it's is going to last 10s or more, just before adds arrive if possible/needed)

His priorities are wrong, I can't be bothered to go through all his logs but I'll just point out the blatantly obvious one. He's using crash lightning on single target where he should be using lava lash to proc his 4 piece. He's currently using crash lightning more often than lava lash. Not only is it less damage per cast (on single target) but with 4 piece it also has less chance to proc stormbringer. You should only use crash lightning during feral spirits to proc their aoe thing, right after the cast and a second time 8 seconds in.

I would recommend for him to read up on his spec starting with: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d5HO2tYHcjwepnomDJ-7LalQycaIzPuMyiK0V2ioTI0/edit
    Last edited by Gromthak; 2017-02-24 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guran View Post
    Having 2 legendary stat sticks are not helping either.
    Ring is pretty much still BiS, helm/boots are good ST, as is Trinket, with belt & chest being a boost purely in AoE/Cleave situations.
    Training on dummy always helps, especially if he has issues reacting to procs or keeping up buffs. (<85% Boulderfist/Landslide uptime on all encounters, <80% FT, thinking it falls off mostly during AoE/Cleave, if it's only on AoE, should try to rebuff if it's is going to last 10s or more, just before adds arrive if possible/needed)
    He can't used legendaries they don't have. OP, have him focus on their rotation and timings, it's the single most important factor when it comes to improving dps. Do so on a dummy and they should start seeing some improvements. Then move in a raid environment (do lfr if they want some 'live' practice with mechanics (lol)).
    Last edited by effs; 2017-02-24 at 01:54 PM.

thanks for the first few responses. i interpret/summarize this as

- bad legendaries
    - landslide, boulderfist, flameweapon buffs falling of too often
    - using crash light spell too often, when he should use lava lash
    - bad openers

is this correct ?

could you explain a little more in detail the crash lightning/lava lash thing ? i get that on ST its "never use CL". but should he use crash lightning on CD while aoe ?

also he said he needs to press boulderfist (obviously his resource bringer) always when there is no mahlstrom (his resource) so he can not time it right always for not loosing his BF buff. is that wrong ?

also it seems aoe is his biggest problem. krosus ST looks better than the rest. what he is doing wrong in aoe ?

thx for all the help!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fizzlewizzle View Post
    Legendary wrists are really weak. If he has any other legendaries use them.
    On Krosus, Bloodlust and Feral Spirits at 25 seconds in. WTF?
    Again Trilliax, Bloodlust at 6 seconds, Feral Spirits at 21 seconds?

He needs to learn his opener for sure
    he only has this 2 legendaries you see in armory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sebax313 View Post
    *im not reading logs*
    his missing:
    7% dmg buff. From ap.
    200agi enchant cloak.

how could you see in armory how much of the 54 AP points are left? i know the achievement way, but thats only the first 34. but how see you the "dragon points" amount?
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-02-24 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post

- bad legendaries
    - bad openers

is this correct ?

could you explain a little more in detail the crash lightning/lava lash thing ? i get that on ST its "never use CL". but should he use crash lightning on CD while aoe ?
    bad legendaries isn't a problem, because he can't address it. Regarding CL, it should always be used on AoE over LL.

- bad legendaries
    - bad openers

is this correct ?
    Basically. Just point him to the Enhancement guide on icyveins or wowhead.

Crash Lightning is an AOE attack that also has a chance to proc Stormbringer (Enhancement's main damage proc). Lava Lash is a single target attack. Normally, it does not proc SB, but with the 4pc tier set it can proc SB.

So with the 4pc tier set on a single target he should generally be using Lava Lash. The only exception is after casting Feral Spirits because Crash Lightning has a second artifact trait effect so you cast it twice during Feral Spirits.

also he said he needs to press boulderfist (obviously his resource bringer) always when there is no mahlstrom (his resource) so he can not time it right always for not loosing his BF buff. is that wrong ?
    That's fucking stupid. Boulderfist's buff lasts like 10 seconds. Boulderfist's cooldown is a base 6 seconds reduced by haste. It's impossible for the Boulderfist buff to drop because your BF is on cooldown. If you get 10 SB procs in a row you might not be pressing BF (because you have enough Maelstrom), but you should press it to refresh the buff. In this scenario you'll probably be sitting on 2 charges of Boulderfist.

also it seems aoe is his biggest problem. krosus ST looks better than the rest. what he is doing wrong in aoe ?
    I'm not looking at the parse but Enhance Shamans don't have very many options when it comes to AOE. You basically hit Crash Lightning every 4th GCD. That's it.

how could you see in armory how much of the 54 AP points are left? i know the achievement way, but thats only the first 34. but how see you the "dragon points" amount?
    You can check artifact level in warcraftlogs by looking at the individual player Summary tab.

im not into logs that much like guy above. I personaly import armory into wowprogress or ask mr robot. There i can ap level and relics what trait they have and item level each of them.