Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If you want a list of addons to get:

1. Conslegion (levelling guide)
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/conslegion

A very nice one, but its only for Legion. If you want a guide for other xpacs, then get

http://wow-pro.com/addon
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/tomtom

The wow-pro addon is free and also comes with profession leveling guides and other stuff

2. Auctionator
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/auctionator

3. Gottagofast
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/gottagofast

Helps show the timer in mythic + dungeons

4. The undermine journal
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/undermine-journal

Needs to be downloaded once per week to update. Helps show good prices.

5. Handynotes
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/handynotes
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/ha...rarestreasures

Shows special items in the Broken Isles
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    If your dps you should consider joining an active guild...

Pretty hard/impossible to do some mythic+ or usefull raids ( atleast NH normal ) without decent gear.
    And these two areas are your main source for decent gear ^^.

Quote Originally Posted by lanesia24 View Post
    If you have friends or a guild you won't be locked out of anything.
    People who quit and come back, unless they specifically come back together with their friends, usually come back guildless and if they join any guild, no one will care about them because the cliques are already formed.

A returning group of friends makes way more sense, as they can level and gear up together.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Once you buy AK 15, you're still not exactly raking in the AP. You're going to research up to level 25 and, guessing that each one takes 2 days, that's another 20 days.
    I don't think the research comes down to 2 days, it's 3 days the least per rank as far as I know.

So yeah, grind order resources every day to buy rank 15 then wait a month until you get 25...

If you are a casual player that wants to do casual content (hc / mythic 0 / low mythic+ dungeons, lfr and normal raids), then it's fine, you just need 3 goldens in your mainspec, at some point you get 35 points and you're in a really decent spot.

Now if you want to run high m+ or raid mythic NH, you're hopelessly behind, most people expect you to have maxed ms artifact by now since for people playing since launch it's no longer a feat to have one, but if you're a returning player it'll take you months to catch up. Especially with the retarded AK gating.

Who thought it was a good idea for AK to be an extra time gate? If they made it a game-wide multiplier steadily increasing from Legion launch as the expansion goes on, returning players wouldn't be so screwed. They would still be behind coming with a lvl 1-12 artifacts into the world of people with 54s (sometimes even in multiple specs), but it would take them way shorter to catch up.

Legion is my favorite expansion. It's def worth coming back.

You're missing out on a lot of stuff if you don't resub. Legion is the most full expansion we have had in ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    Do you like pvp that is utterly unbalanced?
    Signature.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    It's just the legendary quest from the last expansion on steroids. Sucks. My hope is that this is bad enough that they stop doing it.
    I can repeat what I said in similar thread about a guy thinking of resubbing. If you're not here from the start, and not an alt, what you have in front of you:

- grind order resources to buy AK 15, no research time but same, non-reduced costs 500 per rank
    - grind some more OR to upgrade your class hall tree, research time is halved, costs again aren't reduced, you'll find yourself in a massive shortage
    - you can also grind bloods and buy a measly 200 OR per blood, and waste all your bloods instead of trading them for good gold or investing them into your profession, let's not forget many Order Hall campaigns will ask you to hand some bloods just because so
    - grind even more OR to queue the rest of AK research and wait 1 month for it to be on par with others
    - grind AP, if you want to start asap, prepare for massively reduced gains in comparison to person who has AK25
    - get gear (case in every expansion, so w/e)
    - get your first couple of legendaries and pray they aren't shit, the gain rates for first is really fast, for second is still better than for the rest, and then you need to research your order hall tree to be able to equip both, legendaries are the biggest culprit of ilvl inflation in pugs as you show yourself as total ilvl not the equipped one, so it doesn't matter you can only ever equip 2 - the more you have, the better you present yourself while applying to pugs

Well at least you don't have to level professions these days because they're mostly useless... Even the fabled alchemy is worthless without 3 star recipes.

You can also mostly forget about reps, except Nightfallen, which you need to some extent to unlock 2 extra dungeons.

Deleted
    Or you can just sub in and enjoy the great writing we have in legion

Don't comeback if you intent to raid, it's simply too late to catch up. Otherwise, go ahead casual it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Don't comeback if you intent to raid, it's simply too late to catch up. Otherwise, go ahead casual it up.
    ^ pretty much this.

Lol you're the casual if you think its hard getting 54 traits in one spec.

Also could get lucky on his first 2 legends because it is just RNG after all and boom. Right up there

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    It's not hard if you played all the time from launch until now. It's hard if you come back with nearly empty artifact and no AK.

Also could get lucky on his first 2 legends because it is just RNG after all and boom. Right up there
    It takes months, unless you don't have a life and play wow 24/7. I'm a casual though, i wouldn't know about that.

It takes months, unless you don't have a life and play wow 24/7. I'm a casual though, i wouldn't know about that.
    Yeah you're right, may as well not even bother at all right? I mean its literally impossible to catch up now. Blizzard forces me to run maw of souls, bad luck protection still no flying etc etc

Deleted
    Yeah you're right, may as well not even bother at all right? I mean its literally impossible to catch up now. Blizzard forces me to run maw of souls, bad luck protection still no flying etc etc
    Yeah what's the point like... no flying legendary suck game is shit blizzard is evil

Have to agree on this, you'll need to be extremely motivated if you want to raid mythic in 7.2.

Another major factor is whether if you got existing friends still playing Wow (or have guild mates in raiding guilds) .
    In this expansion, it's alot harder to just logged in just for raids only if you want to do high level raid content. There are alot of expectations to do stuff like running M+ to improve your character. And running M+ with friends is much less stressful than pugging it. I had a few friends that returned to Wow in legion and currently only 1 is still playing, one of the main factor was they pug M+ for like 95% of the time and it took a toll on them causing burnout sooner.

And if you are a fresh 110, Marrilaife above listed out what awaits you. Here's some numbers to complement on what his points.

AK 15: bonus~=3k % AP token=12k (A fresh 110 starts here)
    AK 20: bonus~=9k % AP token=36k (Alt of existing AK25 char starts here)
    AK 25: bonus~=25k % AP token=100k (might be 125k)

A M+ run normally award about 100k AP tokens (for someone with AK25). As a fresh 110 (AK15), you get about 12k AP instead. So if you run the same M+ as your friend, he will get 8x more AP than you. So you will need to do more work just to get the same rewards as your friend unless you are willing to wait 30 days (10 AK levels x 3 days per lvl).
    Even on my alts (which starts at AK20 instead), I normally just let them sit for 15 days before i do stuff on them for better time efficiency.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darkfire979 View Post
    Have to agree on this, you'll need to be extremely motivated if you want to raid mythic in 7.2.

Another major factor is whether if you got existing friends still playing Wow (or have guild mates in raiding guilds) .
    In this expansion, it's alot harder to just logged in just for raids only if you want to do high level raid content. There are alot of expectations to do stuff like running M+ to improve your character. And running M+ with friends is much less stressful than pugging it. I had a few friends that returned to Wow in legion and currently only 1 is still playing, one of the main factor was they pug M+ for like 95% of the time and it took a toll on them causing burnout sooner.

And if you are a fresh 110, Marrilaife above listed out what awaits you. Here's some numbers to complement on what his points.

AK 15: bonus~=3k % AP token=12k (A fresh 110 starts here)
    AK 20: bonus~=9k % AP token=36k (Alt of existing AK25 char starts here)
    AK 25: bonus~=25k % AP token=100k (might be 125k)

A M+ run normally award about 100k AP tokens (for someone with AK25). As a fresh 110 (AK15), you get about 12k AP instead. So if you run the same M+ as your friend, he will get 8x more AP than you. So you will need to do more work just to get the same rewards as your friend unless you are willing to wait 30 days (10 AK levels x 3 days per lvl).
    Even on my alts (which starts at AK20 instead), I normally just let them sit for 15 days before i do stuff on them for better time efficiency.
    Yeah obviously as a freshly dinged 110 he won't need 100k AP in a single mythic. Gah.

OP, sub freely. Wow is a good position, I haven't had this fun since wotlk. In my realm there's a queue some evenings to get in

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    Need something to sink some time into, haven't been keeping up with much but my main concern is catching up with AP...since I have started later in the expansion will I be permanently behind other characters that have been grinding since day one and if so, will it be much of an issue?

Cheers!
    Yes you will be behind and yes it'll be an issue. The fanboys trying to tell you different are lying.

Deleted
    No you won't be permanently behind, you'll be behind some people, ahead some others, and you'll fit in whatever content you want to fit in. That's the way wow is now.