Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I could use an explanation because i trully have no idea why Alliance always wins my games with 300+ reinforcements than Horde even on Turtle games where all tower are up.
    I have no idea of what is going on and how Alliance is doing it consistently
    600 reinforcements each.

destroying tower/s = -100 reinforcements each, maximum of 4. Also removes a protective marshall from each ends war room that protect. Each tower that drops removes a marshall and reduces in/ouput dmg.
    killing Galv/Bal = -100 reinforcements and gives you a buff (dmg +/-)
    killing any player of the opposite faction = -1 reinforcement
    killind Drek/Vann = instant win, you can attempt to do this anytime, way way back horde used to win in minutes just zeroing to end with tanks heals and killing Van with all 4 towers up. They have made this impossible now. You can do it with 2 towers up with great heals and tanks. 3 at a stretch, 4 is la la land.

You can gain resources by holding the mine/s ally/horde normally hold 1 each, but holding both can see you steadily gain reinforcements if you're not being farmed.

The quickest way to win is to burn 4 towers then burn boss, can win in 10-12mins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Listen if I was mad after winning 99% of my bg's - I would make a forum post about losing 1 of 100 bg's on mmo-c.com fo sho.

on topic: I win about 2/3rd of my bg's on my healer as alli... I consider winning 2/3 of my games pretty decent - and if I won 99% I'd think the game was pretty broken.

Seems some people here haven't been playing AV lately.

Alliance DO NOT win the majority of games anymore.
    http://www.wow-stats.info/bgwr01.html

Over the last 4 weeks Horde is winning AV 52% of the time. Horde actually has a +10% win differential in every BG except IoC, which is still heavily Alliance favored.

In any case, before blacklisting AV I lost 9 in a row before labeling it a lost cause (and I use Winning addon so this isn't hyperbole, but somehow I was never lucky enough to get into one of the 48% of Ally wins). Horde has been sending heavy defense to Galv, and though I am not sure how this became the preferred strat from Horde groups (since it is nearly impossible to organize 39 to go along with a plan), Alliance players will not listen to an effective counter. What happens in every single game is;

- Horde sends ~20 players to Galv
    - Alliance breaks off the attack on Galv. A few will go take IBT and TP, most will ride to Frostwolf and stand on noob hill, and maybe 5-10 will go and try to take back SHB and IWB.
    - Horde players at Galv wait for Alliance to split up,then take both IBT and TP with overwhelming force. This splits the Alliance team in half and has rezzers back at IWGY, where they are sitting ducks for the other 20 or so Horde players who went SHB right from the start. And since this Horde force is large enough it easily defeats the meager Alliance backcap team.
    - The Horde players who camped Galv now ride south to Frostwolf and wipe the retarded Aliiance players sitting on noob hill with their fingers up their ass. Now the entire Alliance team is spawning in Dun Baldar in fragmented sections, and the rout is complete.

Its the same thing every time, and the only way Alliance can defeat this (taking IBGY and stacking the entire team in IBT) is ignored by most Alliance players.

The end result is that AV is now in Horde hands and unless a major effort is made to spread the Allinace counter strategy it will likely stay in Horde hands until the next expansion. Whatever the Alliance terrain advantage (real or perceived), it is ultimately irrelevant and is easily countered by a competent strategy.
    Last edited by Hoeth; 2017-03-01 at 11:00 PM.

Deleted
    I win about 3 out of 4 AVs, the ones i loose are because of very organised Russian or German teams who will sit in Galvs bunker, wipe us, than continue to sit with 10+ hordes in each and every tower they got. These games usually take very long, (40min to an hour) and they win by reinforcements.

I do win almost every IoC, 9 out of 10 or so. Can`t really remember when i lost the last one, but i imagine if there are 5-6 stealthers with a brain, they will sit on glaives and catapults. Combined with this, alliance must have crappy or no defense, as demo`s do tend to die really fast. So what happens is that we have a catapulted 10+ team inside planting bombs manually (going slow, but still steady) and horde having no way to dmg our gate. The stars rly do have to align for the horde to win this one.

Oh, and yes, for some reason horde wins every other game. usualy 2-3 horde healers vs 0 or 1 on ally team. I cant imagine why the healer amount isnt just fixed on either side... but alliance healers simply do not exist. It also happens that alliance has a lot of fresh 110s joining and horde favors ilvl900+ 2/3 man premades. This happens EVERYWHERE.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Av horde have been winning alot lately, could just be luck though. We usually kill them at Galv, then split their raid in half. Because so many Alliance are used to just being an unstoppable wave of tower destroying goodness the cohesion falls apart. Rest of the game is either sitting in towers killing an unending wave of Alliance still trying to capture frostblood, or we kill Van.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Horde is better when people are fighting back.
    Alliance is good when they can farm PvE content like LFR.

When 'zerging' is meta, the Alliance will win because they get there a bit earlier.

That's pretty much it though.

Nowadays it's mostly psychological with the better horde players turning it off. This creates a situation where you only see bad horde in AV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Growler View Post
    600 reinforcements each.

destroying tower/s = -100 reinforcements each, maximum of 4. Also removes a protective marshall from each ends war room that protect. Each tower that drops removes a marshall and reduces in/ouput dmg.
    killing Galv/Bal = -100 reinforcements and gives you a buff (dmg +/-)
    killing any player of the opposite faction = -1 reinforcement
    killind Drek/Vann = instant win, you can attempt to do this anytime, way way back horde used to win in minutes just zeroing to end with tanks heals and killing Van with all 4 towers up. They have made this impossible now. You can do it with 2 towers up with great heals and tanks. 3 at a stretch, 4 is la la land.

You can gain resources by holding the mine/s ally/horde normally hold 1 each, but holding both can see you steadily gain reinforcements if you're not being farmed.

The quickest way to win is to burn 4 towers then burn boss, can win in 10-12mins.
    Thanks for the info!
    So it seems i lose everytime because Horde fails at Belinda and we lose to deaths.
    It's the only explanation i can find in my weird games.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    Saw that graph before and still find the dotted line colors for SotA and AV too close. Get its trying to do all red hues (even though it doesn't) but just
    is an annoying graph to read (for me). I should probably do some AVs/IoCs to get my 1k HKs (if AV even has hks in it atm).