Should I Swap To Arms?

So, I'm a fresh/ish Fury Warrior at around 875 ilvl. I got my first legendary, Ayala's Stone Heart, and it seems pretty mediocre with Fury Warrior. Would it be a good idea to just stop playing fury and switch to arms, or should I try to continue getting good fury legendaries?

Deleted
    Aylas is better for fury as it currently stands. I say stay with fury, if you haven't tried out Arms, you may be displeased with the "rotation" as it is more of a "waiting for procs" than a rotation if anything. As a fury warrior myself, I can say the gameplay in NH is very pleasing and the spec is much more fun to play than arms, mainly due to the frequent AOE encounters. Topping meters on trash and bosses is really nice

Fury is currently FoTM, and Ayala is good on both Fury and Arms.

Deleted
    Arms is a very fun spec, and much more reactionary than fury, but fairly gear reliant - Alaynas' stone heart is currently BiS for Arms, and helps out a bit on the proc-problem and as a filler.

Deleted
    Choosing either of the classes boils down to preference. Personally, I like to use Arms because of the rotation. But, to each his own.

As of now I think Fury edges out Arms in every way, it's way better in AoE and recently started do outperform Arms in single target....hell even PvP.

Be mindful, I'm positive Blizz is aiming a nerf bat in Fury's direction, since Arms's AoE is dogshit it makes sense for it do to more single target. And there is a dedicated player base for Arms PvP that won't stand for Fury out performing it.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Short Answer: No

Long Answer: Nooooooooooooooooo

But seriously, Fury is pretty much ahead of Arms in both single target and AoE and is much more consistent. Arms plays mostly just fine until you hit periods of bad RNG and nothing seems to be proc'ing. When that happens you'll have plenty of empty GCDs to contemplate the mistakes you've made in your life.

If you want to try out Arms because you're not enjoying Fury then go for it, but if you think you have to only because of your legendary then just stick to Fury.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Aylas is about 6% dps increase as Arms, compared to 4% as fury, feels much better to use it as arms aswell.

Fury is currently outperforming Arms, but not by a ton, and both are very competitive. So basically, play whichever spec you enjoy more.

Deleted
    Arms Are more RNG than fury. What it comes down to is if you like arms better than fury. Both specs are really good. Play what you enjoy the most
    Arms: Stack mastery as high as possible.
    Fury: Haste to 30% then mastery.
    Arms are more dependant on one stat to perform well, so don't swap to arms if you don't have alot of mastery!

Quote Originally Posted by Origination View Post
    So, I'm a fresh/ish Fury Warrior at around 875 ilvl. I got my first legendary, Ayala's Stone Heart, and it seems pretty mediocre with Fury Warrior. Would it be a good idea to just stop playing fury and switch to arms, or should I try to continue getting good fury legendaries?
    I'd make your choice based on the rotation. I had leveled a Warrior set on going Arms. Looking at logs Arms seemed to be above average but not at the top (so hopefully safe from a massive nerf). But I did just not find the spec fun at all. Coming from Windwalker in progression raiding the spec felt so stilted. Spamming a buff oGCD and waiting for procs did not appeal to me. People like the spec because it's "reactionary" but with WeakAuras it's just playing whack-a-mole. I enjoyed the fluidity of Fury and having more tools to force enrages. I'd run some NM NH and Mythic+ for awhile on both specs before you commit to one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I came late to the xpac (like 2 months ago now), I leveled as Arms and I'm stuck to it 'cause legendary traits (Currently at 34, sigh. Not much time to play as before). What I can tell you, having going to heroic first time on Nighthold last week and this one, it's that Arms is so damm RNG based, that it hurts sometimes . U have just 1 trick to force rage generation (Going out of boss and charge back - check your swingtimer), but aside from that you will be from time to time on 3 to 5 seconds just waiting for a proc from heaven.

But hey, the DPs it´s not mediocre, but not so high either. Were arms shine a little bit it´s on single target fights with occasional AOE burst phases like Trilliax or Chronomatic Anomaly.

there is no reason to play arms anymore. i dropped my level 50 arms weapon and ring like a hot potato when i got the fury helm. its too reliance based on RNG, even with good gear. fury does well in every fight without dealing with rng.

Fury and Arms are currently roughly the same although Fury is pushing ahead in the dps race. Overall atm its really preference on rotation and which class you enjoy more. Personally I prefer arms because I enjoy their rotation much more than fury. I would say try both the rotations out and pick which one you enjoy more.

If you want to PVP and PVE I would suggest you to go Arms. If you don't care about PVP then go fury all the way. Also, to enjoy arms in PVE you need legendary gloves - so much better gameplay with that, even after nerf...

What's important Arms doesn't forgive mistakes, fury does. To play good as arms warrior you need to be fully focused.
    I play both specs currently, so when I want to relax I just swap to fury.
    Last edited by Vzz; 2017-03-01 at 12:23 PM.

Nah
    As for me, I don't like to use Arms because of the rotation. By the way you can still try (?)

I'm Arms and Fury and I have the Execute Ring. It's very powerful compared to when I play with it on Fury and synergies so well with most of the talents in Arms. However, Fury is currently better in some fights, especially AoE fights. So do what I do, play both specs. Arms is unforgiving if you screw up and has a higher skill cap, unlike Fury which is easier to work with the rotation and you can recover fast.

Deleted
    I am an Arms player simply because I like the prio more. Fury is rotationwise boring to play in comparison at least for me. And about the aoe arguments: Consistend aoe is crap on fury and arms compared to other classes and you can switch to sweeping strikes for very strong 3 target cleave as arms (M+ or Botanist e.g.). The Biggest + on the fury specc for me is, you are not limited in switching to low health targets coz as arms you need cs on mob and as fury you enrage yourself so your target always gets your good damage right the moment you switch. As Arms you can only switch, if you have a proc and even then the mob should have enough hp so you can make use of your proc.
    Last edited by mmoc0e8cf75a62; 2017-03-02 at 01:50 PM.