Balance HC Gul'dan build / rotation?

Hey,

Really struggling pulling any significant numbers on this fight (other fights are fine!) despite being a decent ilvl (898). I have the waist and neck legendary (sephuz / chest available), 4 set bonus (shoulder, back, chest, hands - all HC). However my haste is woeful - 21%, i can get another 2% but lose 15 ilvls on an item, but have decent mastery (76%+). I do have a decent choice of trinkets -

Erratic Metronome (885 / gem)
    Stat stick (h) (880)
    Stargate
    Unstable Arcanocrystal (865)
    Pharamere's Forbidden Grimoire

What build / rotation would you run with what trinkets?

Aoe build with Starlord. Use DPS ability when three adds spawn, use few seconds before first set of eyes spawn and then use on cooldown (should line up with eye spawns)

Deleted
    I actually went fully single target for progress. You can still prepool AP to put down a starfall or 2 for the little eyes. If your group has lots of problems with them you could argue going more aoe focussed but I did not like that.

Eventually you need good dps to kill him and eyes in the p3 before he kills you. Pryduz is amazing keeping you alive adn dont be afraid to pop in bear form for the black harvests. If you have the fight on farm and just want good parses disregard my advice.

If you want high logs, an aoe build will give you that because you can get a lot of damage in p1 and p2 on the aoe with correct use of the extra action.

For progress, I'd suggest (and did so myself) going ST build. The reason for this is that p1 is very, very easy - it's mostly about dodging fel beam. You can take your time killing the adds. P2 is the same, mostly about mechanics with a lot of ST and some burst aoe circumstances. Then you get to P3 which is entirely ST (can be considered cleave but not for a moonkin) which gets progressively harder into an enrage.

P3, to me, is the 'burn' phase and as such you should be specced for as much ST as you can get to progress. Leave the eye killing for those that can burst aoe (warriors, DH, hunters etc) and focus on being more help during the final, most important phase.

I think I'm getting bogged down with numbers rather than progress, we are still progressing (albeit to P3 every time) all the other bosses on farm and my numbers are good. Plus being the ranged officer I'm calling stuff and keeping a look out for idiots doing idiot things.

basically the answer to boomkin right now is figure out when you can pad dps, in order to keep up with classes doing their normal things. i gained 80k on Guldan just by changing what i did on p1 and p2 multi eye mobs. they were never a problem, never are a problem thanks to melee burst.....but if i wanted to stay in the raid and not get a warm bench seat i had to figure out how to keep up (pad)

Further progression into mythic i notice it requires me to do less mechanics and leave them up to other more mobile caster/hunter classes, even though i sure am one of the most mobile classes, just cant do anything while mobile. sure i can cast two starsurges but then that puts me out of my ST rotation and drops my dps tremendously.

would appreciate some halp too

Quote Originally Posted by sinofasin View Post
    would appreciate some halp too
    With? 10char.