10+ Year Old Account

7.2 Resto Trait order

With the possible release of 7.2 in the near future, I just wanted to see what everyone's thoughts were on how those of us that have 54 resto traits will prioritize those 3 points worth of AP when the patch drops.

Looking over the wowhead calculator, it seems that there are 2 options and mixtures of the two.

go to 4/4 on 3 of our strong traits e.g. Grovewalker > Knowldge of the Ancients > Persistence > Essence of Nordrassil = Infusion of Nature

vs

Get 3/4 in the new trait Eternal Restoration (increases duration of Essence of G'hanir by 1 sec per rank) which will additionally speed up the rate at which you can get to the stronger new traits: Joy of Spring (stacking % healing for efflo) and Deep rooted (hots refresh at <35% health).

What are people's thoughts?

-----------------------------------------------------

Leafcast <Something Pretentious> Proudmoore

I don't think that any of our new traits are all that great. Spending 4 traits to get 4 seconds extra on Essence of G'hanir is an incredibly weak use of 4 traits. Even with a 12 second Essence of G'hanir, you are only going to get the buff on 1-2 seconds of a second WG cast before the buff runs out. It isn't like it's anything close to a 50% throughput buff to the ability because of the WG CD limitation. The added Efflo healing for people that stay in it will be a decent passive buff, not not one that is good enough for me to want to rush to drop my first 5 new traits into. Deep Rooted will be incredibly strong in the small amount of situations where you proc it, but fairly underwhelming otherwise. After all, casting a HoT effect on a sub 35% HP target isn't going to do much; it will just refresh the initial seconds of the HoT. To get a good effect from it, you need the target to dip <35% with 50% or less of the duration remaining on the HoT, which probably won't happen all that much on targets that have HoTs on them to begin with. I think it's something that is nice to have, but hardly spec defining or so amazing that you want to bypass putting a 4th point in our best 3 point traits first.

This is the order I think I'd go with.

1. 4/4 Persistence
    2. 4/4 Grovewalker
    3. 4/4 Knowledge of the Ancients
    4. 4/4 Essence of Nordrassil
    5-8 - Eternal Restoration
    6. Joy of Spring
    7. Deep Rooted
    8. 4/4 Natural Mending
    9. 4/4 Infusion of Nature
    10. 4/4 Armor of the Ancients
    11. 4/4 Blessing of the World Tree
    12. 4/4 Seeds of the World Tree

10+ Year Old Account
    bump for anyone else curious.
    Leafcast - <Don't Laugh At My Giraffe> Proudmoore

whatever you think of eternal restoration, you're foolish to delay deep rooted. it and Joy of Spring are likely straight larger increases to the spells they effect than are persistence and essence of nordrassil.

one rank of KotA likewise works out to something like one extra rejuv every two and a half minutes; not worth prioritizing over the new traits.

I think that Deep Rooted will be an absurdly good golden trait. I'm rushing it.

Deleted

Slight confusion over the DoS script on that site: If I run it and it returns 923, does that mean that any ilvl DoS is equiv to a normal 923 cloak, or that I would need a 923 DoS over what I have equipped?

Quote Originally Posted by OsisNie View Post
    Slight confusion over the DoS script on that site: If I run it and it returns 923, does that mean that any ilvl DoS is equiv to a normal 923 cloak, or that I would need a 923 DoS over what I have equipped?
    Make sure you have the Drape of Shame equipped when you run the script. The number it spits out is the ilvl of the cape you need to beat it. So if it reads 923 with your Drape equipped, then you shouldn't replace it with anything lower than 923. It isn't a perfect figure, but it's a reasonably close estimate. As always, prioritize your tier bonuses over it if necessary.

E.G if I have an 860 Drape of Shame and the script returns 895 then I'll keep my Drape on until I get an 895 cloak or higher.

I'm going towards Deep Rooted, it refreshes all hot's when they need them most.

Quote Originally Posted by Voulk View Post
    Make sure you have the Drape of Shame equipped when you run the script. The number it spits out is the ilvl of the cape you need to beat it. So if it reads 923 with your Drape equipped, then you shouldn't replace it with anything lower than 923. It isn't a perfect figure, but it's a reasonably close estimate. As always, prioritize your tier bonuses over it if necessary.

E.G if I have an 860 Drape of Shame and the script returns 895 then I'll keep my Drape on until I get an 895 cloak or higher.
    And we have to accept the macro for what it is, information, not a recommendation. If you are dropping a ton of ilvl on cloak for Drape that may bring you within 1 shot territory for some abilities that weren't before, due to loss of Stam.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

I went persistance 1 point then into new points.