Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    Now ask yourself would it be worth it after 1000+ hours your hps/dps was always at the bottom cause your Lotto-drawn Legendaries never dropped.
    The Legendary whine is completely irrelevant to this thread and what the OP is asking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    If you are NOT at current max AK, yes, it will take less time per level, until you catch up to everyone else. However, as I wrote in both posts I've made so far, it is 125 days if you ARE at current max and want to go to new max, it WILL take 5 days per level and we get 25 new levels, which means 5x25=125 days. Please, it's not that hard to read what I've written.
    How is this relevant for the question asked? He asked how hard it would be to start from scratch, and you say its going to take 125 days to go from AK 26-50, well no duh? The question posed isn't to complete some checkbox in content that isn't even it out yet, the question is how hard is it to catch up to everyone else. Saying it's going to take 125 days to hit AK 50, while true, is completely misleading and irrelevant for this conversation.

As long as you start before 7.2 you can easily catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    OP can come back and be up to speed in 1-2 weeks (by 7.2 or soon after) if by up to speed we mean ~850ish level, 35 traits in one artifact and close to that in another AS LONG AS they have AK 25 or so on their main. How? Buy the AK tome on their main and send it to the alt.

I did that on my lock and it popped me to AK20 instantly which trivializes AP for the first 35 traits. Then it's just gearing and that will be fairly easy if you can find some friends to help run some mythics. Once you get to 835, run NH LFR, and the WQs also will give better gear at that point.
    agreed - i sometimes really wonder how the f.... people play this game on alts . just typed /played on my warrior alt that i barely play (just wa and world bosses) and its 17 hours 44 minutes , i have 34 traits and 861 itlv , finished class campaign .

instead whining like little kids people should simply play this game
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-03-22 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    agreed - i sometimes really wonder how the f.... people play this game on alts . just typed /played on my warrior alt that i barely play (just wa and world bosses) and its 17 hours 44 minutes , i have 34 traits and 861 itlv , finished class campaign .

A bunch of my guildies have multiple toons at a decent ilvl, so ya, I dont think its that bad at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshieFresh View Post
    I've been away from WoW since about 3 months after the release of Legion. I got my undead DK to 110, reached around 870 ilvl (IIRC), and then just lost interest. I want to come back and level up my alliance warrior the rest of the way, but I've heard bad things about the current AP grind. I've also been told/read WoW is now harder than ever when it comes to keeping up with the current meta.

I'm not really all that concerned with being the best of the best on my server, but if I am hopelessly behind I don't even want to bother attempting to catch up. I don't have a lot of time in the first place, so if the AP grind and everything else are just too much stop me now before I get myself in and end up being disappointed. I am basically going to be a fresh 110 starting late in the expac, so give it too me straight. How much dedication and time will it take to reach the meta and be considered "caught up" gear and AP wise?
    Atm, before the 7.2 patch, the gearing does not take very long. It is about the same as WoD and MoP if not a bit faster, so you should not worry about not being able to catch up on gear.

Factions/WQ does not give power. You are not locked from anything by not being exalted with the expansions and outside of getting some cosmetic/proffesions items, there will be no bonus from getting exalted with the factions. WQ also helps you alot with gear and there is no amount of them that you have to do, so again, nothing to worry about.

If you are looking to do some mythic raiding within the next month or 2, you will have a hard time with AP. It is a bit hard to get current max with the time that you have, but if you are looking at normal/heroic raiding(and maybe just soloing), AP is not gonna hold you back at all. You will get up to the first threshold within a week or 2, so again, it will not hold you back from enjoying the game.

All in all, you are not too late.... You are proberly even better off by starting now then before, but if you had some abition of getting to do Mythic Nighthold while it was current, you may find it quite hard to get into that crowd. But i can relax you, that if you want to do heroic raiding, it is very doable. I got into a new heroic raiding guild on an alt that is about 2½ month old and it is about to kill HC Elisande tomorrow, so no worries, just enjoy the game
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ribthanwa View Post
    How is this relevant for the question asked? He asked how hard it would be to start from scratch, and you say its going to take 125 days to go from AK 26-50, well no duh? The question posed isn't to complete some checkbox in content that isn't even it out yet, the question is how hard is it to catch up to everyone else. Saying it's going to take 125 days to hit AK 50, while true, is completely misleading and irrelevant for this conversation.
    If you read my previous replies to the OP (and the OP itself), you'll see that I actually covered what you're saying. And you'll also see that the OP won't actually be starting from a fresh ding, but a DK that already has around ilevel 870. He just considers it a fresh ding.

The same problems that caused you to play for 3 months still exist, only moreso. It's never too late to return, but the real question is, why would you want to? RUn around, click 10 squirrels and 15 nuts... get Titanforged gear... woot! Exciting.

- - - Updated - - -

The Legendary whine is completely irrelevant to this thread and what the OP is asking about.
    Not at all. Legendary drops greatly affect endgame, and it's a huge consideration if you want to raid after an absence. Of course you can always LFR, because you know... LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

Maybe because after only 17 hours of play time it's just a mindless, unrewarding grind? 17 hours for some is a weekend... and then what? Play WHAT exactly? LOL You literally proved why this game has no replayability.

WoW is too boring to get back into.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Maybe because after only 17 hours of play time it's just a mindless, unrewarding grind? 17 hours for some is a weekend... and then what? Play WHAT exactly? LOL You literally proved why this game has no replayability.
    1)HC EN
    2)HC ToV
    3) Normal NH
    4)HC nighthold
    5)clear karazhan for mount
    6)push high levels of mythic +
    7)pvp
    8)farm artficat skins
    9)pet battles

seems like more then plenty of engame from casual viewpoint

15+ Year Old Account
    Its not too late. There are a lot of catch up mechanics in place and the artifact weapons are getting a reset of sorts when 7.2 releases anyway. I was too sick to really play for the first 4 months of Legion. I really started playing about 5-6 weeks ago with more frequency and my weapon is already at 52. I'll be 54 by next week and just waiting for the reset to work on more. When the reset happens, they'll also introduce new artifact knowledge levels to speed up the grind even more. Gear is also getting a boost next patch. World Quest gear will be able to drop at 860 before warforging/titanforging. Mythic + runs are also getting a bit of a boost in gear levels/difficulty, so you'll be able to use them as a catch up as well.

Also, there are a few BoE pieces that drop in Nighthold. They are really cheap on the AH right now as everyone is tripping over each other to undercut. You can get 855 cloaks for around 1000 gold and 875s for 1500-3500 depending on the stats. There are even mythic BoEs if you have a bit more gold and want to boost even more.

One more reason to turn around and start try Skyrim of FF15 you will always be called a whiner. Take this kid's quote above as proof the community doesn't care to fix a broken game.

The answer is NO, Do not bother. The community is garbage and you have a 0.63% chance to drop the gear you need to be relevant in End Game Content. Now remeber that is just around the same chance fot Invincible or Mimiron's Head to Drop.

Answer: NO Wow is garbage atm, Try River City Ransom: Underground on Steam. Actual fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    would you even consider an alt?
    Only if you are not working or going to school full time. I finally got maxed on AK on Destro and I am starting to work on Affliction but, I have a hard time keeping up with my other 110. (AK lvl 42)