Mythic Aluriel - Can fel soul spin attack target melee or is it range only?

Title, thanks

She fixates the farthest person, and refixates every ~4s while spinning.

She can focus in a way that will hit melee as she moves, obviously, but no, won't target melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellante_mazrigos View Post
    She can focus in a way that will hit melee as she moves, obviously, but no, won't target melee.
    She will fixate whoever is the farthest from her each time she re/fixates whether they be ranged, healer, tank, or melee. With standard positioning, melee are usually not the farthest, but she certainly can fixate melee if the ranged or Fel Soul tank position incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    She will fixate whoever is the farthest from her each time she re/fixates whether they be ranged, healer, tank, or melee. With standard positioning, melee are usually not the farthest, but she certainly can fixate melee if the ranged or Fel Soul tank position incorrectly.
    She cannot target melee, this is incorrect. The only way she can hit melee is if she is lined up incorrectly. It's impossible for a melee to be farthest away anyway if you follow the proper positioning for the fight. I am always in melee cause i'm a holy paladin and I count as melee on that fight anyway and the only time it's ever hit us is when it grazes us from coming back or going to a ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    She cannot target melee, this is incorrect. The only way she can hit melee is if she is lined up incorrectly. It's impossible for a melee to be farthest away anyway if you follow the proper positioning for the fight. I am always in melee cause i'm a holy paladin and I count as melee on that fight anyway and the only time it's ever hit us is when it grazes us from coming back or going to a ranged.
    It can target melee if they are the furthest away - it's just positioning that stops that happening normally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."