Deleted

Entwined Elemental Foci - 2nd best trinket for BM?

Hi there fellow BM Hunters!

Almost all of the top logged BMs use the entwined elemental foci as their 2nd trinket. Now I do own a 880 version, but when ever I'm testing it on the dummy it seems to be way behind my 885 chrono shard in terms of proc rate and uptime. It seems obvious that ele is the prefered option, but I don't really understand why, considering it's extremly low proc rate. Any explanations?

Deleted
    I don't own one but one of my fellow hunters in build got one. He said it's verry unreliable but when it procs you can really feel it. I guess that's why ppl prefer it... gives some spice to an otherwise linear dps. Instead of always doing 700k dps you sometimes do 600k and once in a while 800k and rank... gg.

Deleted
    The thing is: Chrono Shard almost always seems to pop when I need it most, meaning during BW. The buff is much stronger than the ele tempo buff and more reliable due to it's higher proc rate. So why isn't there even one BM in the top logs using a chrono shard?

I guess it's like you said TheBetrayer: it's this rare chance where you have 1 or 2 procs of ele foci during bw that make the deal. But I don't really like that much RNG. To be honest, the reliable flat damage of the BM is one of the reasons I do like to play him. I'm don't really like too much RNG when it comes to my DPS. ^^

I have one at ilvl905, so I use it over my 885CoF with my 880BTI.

Before i was using it with KJ trinket, i like it a lot but i cant say i "feel" it.

i have 895 Guarm with crit but no legendary shoulder damn never luck feelsbadman

I'm using Foci with BTI and yes Foci is extremely variable in its procs. You can have all 3 rolling while your clearing trash, then get a single proc during a 5min boss fight. Its pretty fucked up, but you definitely feel the benefits when it is proccing.

If that cache of disappointment ever dropped a 900 memento I'd prob use it over my 905 foci.

Deleted
    The BM guide advises Convergence of Fates as a second trinket (though apparently pretty close to Foci), which seems odd since everyone appeared to agree that it was not all that good since CoW is not all that good either. The RNG of the Foci annoys me and I would frankly prefer to have a stat trinket going.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuuda View Post
    The BM guide advises Convergence of Fates as a second trinket (though apparently pretty close to Foci), which seems odd since everyone appeared to agree that it was not all that good since CoW is not all that good either. The RNG of the Foci annoys me and I would frankly prefer to have a stat trinket going.
    Everyone would prefer a stat trinket I think, but they are actually pretty hard to get at higher ilvls since nobody is really killing Guarm/Helya any more.