Deleted

Exclamation Cataclysm expansion with Legion tech = the best MMO ever made?

Let's go back to 2010 and imagine that Blizzard used today's technology to make Cataclysm expansion.

1. All zones scaled to your level
    - Almost 80 zones of Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms are scaled to your level
    - You can level up from 1 to max in zones of your choice
    - Leveling alts would never get boring

2. World quests in all zones
    - World quests show up in random zones (let's say 5 random zones per day that are close to each other)
    - Basically you do quests in a different scenery each day
    - Tons of reputations to max out

3. Invasions (or similar) events in all zones
    - Twilight hammer invading random zones on Azeroth
    - Doing content with massive number of other players - true form of an MMO

4. Tons of content in form of quests
    - Even if you're done with leveling, you still have tons of zones to complete
    - Think about Suramar - other zones with unique storylines would work in a similar way

5. Whole world would feel alive
    - Leveling content, world quests and invasions would make Azeroth alive
    - Game wouldn't feel dull because you would spend your time in tons of different zones

Would you like to see Cataclysm version 2.0 with today's technology?
    I personally would love to see an expansion like this. Hopefully one day we will see something similar to this concept.

I would be down for it as long as they rebuilt a lot of places they destroyed in Cata (.i.e. Auberdine).

I can see them scaling the old world prolly in the next xpac

Scaling is definitely something they are gonna be expanding on imo

I've always disliked scaling as no zones are special: every zone can drop the same stuff - just lazy programming.

Some zones have amazing storylines that nearly noone finishes while leveling up cause you outlevel the zone before you ever get to the end. Especially if you have looms on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they plan to add scaling to old zones. "Emptying" zones and collecting a lot of stuff, gear, gold, achievements is part of the game too, they probably want to give more incentives for players to clean every old zones.
    They talked in an interview about how they know that some players want the old world back since it was very different.

I doubt they'll ever do another cataclysm, sending past work to trash without having it accessible somewhere is counterproductive and we saw that once cataclysm was over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sdagdhfj View Post
    I can see them scaling the old world prolly in the next xpac

Scaling is definitely something they are gonna be expanding on imo
    Good way to ruine WoW more.
    Lovely to see max level mobs, in a starter zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Cataclysm was an expansion that truly offered new GOOD content to the entire world so i'd love to see that.

The most hated expansion ever because the same reason every other expansion gets hated at the end.

Just fucking retarded players being retarded then praising shit like pandaria who's first raid had less artwork in it that TOC.

No thanks. As much as I enjoyed Cata would rather have MoP with Legion tech. Although to be fair MoP initially introduced early versions of some of the tech we would see today. Flex Raiding and CRZ being 2 big ones. MoP had 2 of my favorite raids, got me interested in PvP and I thoroughly enjoyed the lore and experience in general.

However the invasion bit would be better suited to Cata imo. I guess you could have done it with MoP zones with instead of one type of invasion it's multiple races such as Mogu, Mantid, Zandalari and Sha invasions.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-24 at 08:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Good way to ruine WoW more.
    Lovely to see max level mobs, in a starter zone.
    It's not going to ruin anything so stop exaggerating. Assuming that even happens and I doubt it will happen. We won't know what happens after Legion in terms of scaling or whatever until 7.3.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi