Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Very disapointed. He can literally slice a planet In half, why would he put himself In more vulnerable positions for us to take him down or even wound him?

They better make It more epic and Innovative than any other fight they've ever had In WoW If they seriously consider making Sargeras the end boss, but I heavily doubt we'll be fighting him. If anything they'll do something lame like you are suggesting, like taking control of some silly body with a fraction of his powers.

Really, If we are fighting him on Argus and that's the prevailing theory, all he has to do Is slice the planet In half and kill us. Done. I cannot possibly see how we can fight him, we really shouldn't be. I'm all up for "Wounding" him somehow, but how? You want to like be Broxxigar and slash at his leg and cause him a little tiny wound and convince us that we've severely wounded him and he'll go back to his home holding onto his wounded knee and make peter griffin noises? And that's us defeating the Legion? Don't do that Blizz, please.
    the simple truth is, that they can do only 1 of 3 options:

- wound him (broxx-like or hard via azeroth-megatron) so he can flee and will stay the BIG BAD BOSS of wow.
    - kill him in a finally super bang boom final fight and end the sargeras story.
    - use him not as endboss and go further with him as BIG BAD BOSS like in every xpac before.

here is my question:

with which one of the 3 options blizz can not fail ? which one isnt the one ppl say "lame!" ?

i think you know the answer. bc it will go like that:

- blizz do option 1. ppl say: "oh yeah, we wounded him. again! keep villains for recycling. shit!"
    - blizz do option 2. ppl say: "yeah, bad guy is dead. wotlk repeating. why play the game? biggest challenge finished. game over."
    - blizz do option 3. ppl say: "how lame! a legion xpac without sargeras as end boss. what a waste!"

blizz has, as so often, navigated themselfes in a position where they just could loose. stupid as always.

PS: there is a 4th option: sargeras will ally with us against the void lords. if they do that, you can hear ppl crying even in china. but that would be the "absurd 180 degrees mega nonses most unauthentic BS of the year" way. so i excluded this above.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-03-25 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    the simple truth is, that they can do only 1 of 3 options:

- wound him (broxx-like or hard via azeroth-megatron) so he can flee and will stay the BIG BAD BOSS of wow.
    - kill him in a finally super bang boom final fight and end the sargeras story.
    - use him not as endboss and go further with him as BIG BAD BOSS like in every xpac before.

here is my question:

with which one of the 3 options blizz can not fail ? which one isnt the one ppl say "lame!" ?

i think you know the answer. bc it will go like that:

- blizz do option 1. ppl say: "oh yeah, we wounded him. again! keep villains for recycling. shit!"
    - blizz do option 2. ppl say: "yeah, bad guy is dead. wotlk repeating. why play the game? biggest challenge finished. game over."
    - blizz do option 3. ppl say: "how lame! a legion xpac without sargeras as end boss. what a waste!"

blizz has, as so often, navigated themselfes in a position where they just could loose. stupid as always.

PS: there is a 4th option: sargeras will ally with us against the void lords. if they do that, you can hear ppl crying even in china. but that would be the "absurd 180 degrees mega nonses most unauthentic BS of the year" way. so i excluded this above.
    Toranaar>Broxigar

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Quick time events instead of gameplay is not my definition of badass

Also he is not nearly as large as a planet. Maybe a very small mountain
    What's the difference between "quick time events" and mechanics in Wow and GoW?

Obviously I'm not counting on us fighting the actual Sargeras, we'll probably get treated to the usual avatar treatment (as he does seem to like those). Assuming he gets made into a boss. I think it's more likely we'll get a "twin emperor" style boss of Kil'jaden and Archimonde at the same time, with Velen supporting us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    We use teh powa to shrink him and then bitch slap him into oblivion.

7.3 will probably be focused around us going to save Turalyon and it's army ass from being wiped on argus, a time gated race to evacuate them before the planet collapse; as for the raid i expect something like hall of valor with 2-3 bosses including an avatar of Sargeras.

The avatar of Sargeras will be similar to madness of DW he will be planted in the fel maelstorm we see in the last cinematic, and we need to dps him from rock platforms avoiding it's one shot mechanics, killing adds he spawn, supporting Illidan, Khadgar etc.

The job is basically keep him occupied until the planet collapse and we have evacuated the entire army to the ships, avatar of sargeras will be killed by the planet explosion and we will bring back good guys to azeroth.

Possible bonus stage for mythic raiders they get teleported were sargeras real body is to have a taste of the void lords power and a glimpse of some old gods.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    7.3 will probably be focused around us going to save Turalyon and it's army ass from being wiped on argus, a time gated race to evacuate them before the planet collapse; as for the raid i expect something like hall of valor with 2-3 bosses including an avatar of Sargeras.

The avatar of Sargeras will be similar to madness of DW he will be planted in the fel maelstorm we see in the last cinematic, and we need to dps him from rock platforms avoiding it's one shot mechanics, killing adds he spawn, supporting Illidan, Khadgar etc.

The job is basically keep him occupied until the planet collapse and we have evacuated the entire army to the ships, avatar of sargeras will be killed by the planet explosion and we will bring back good guys to azeroth.

Possible bonus stage for mythic raiders they get teleported were sargeras real body is to have a taste of the void lords power and a glimpse of some old gods.
    You really think there will be any "mythic guys" left in 7.3?

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshata View Post
    I'm betting that, if we fight Sargeras himself, it'll be like Spine of deathwing... but less awful.\
    Can't wait to battle across the Taint of Sargeras, dodging tentacles and bloods.

I think the Sargeras bossfight will be in a circular room with a clusterfuck of adds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    How would you feel about a fight in 7.3 where Sargeras's soul enters hosts throughout the fight. He has no body in this scenario, so its perhaps a council fight with him switching bodies throughout the fight empowering one of them. Since its just his soul, its only a small fraction of his power, but he is there and fully aware. Even talking to us. Would let us beat him as the end boss, without having to fight a planet sized Titan.
    I have a feeling that Sargeras wouldn't just jump from host to host. I mean, took him ages just to decide to use someone, and have it blow up in his face.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Let me put it this way: I expect it to be the most epic fight ever conceived of by Blizzard, pushing the WoW engine to its very limit and perhaps beyond. It should be a long fight, gradually ramping up the difficulty and it should still be enjoyable and visually very impressive.
    I'm hoping for how the Deathwing encounter was hyped to be (3 fights all Deathwin, all epic), but not as fail and repetitive as the Deathwing encounters. Like, even if you one shot each fight, you would spend an hour killing Sargeras.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I like your idea as a first phase, OP. I would just change it so that he posseses the players instead of random npcs, so we have to fight amongst ourselves (obviously the individual posessions wouldn't last long, since no one wants to sit on their pc to watch others raid)

But for the latter phases of the fight, Sargeras definetly needs to present his own body

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I speculate he'll be in a room and we'll do some shit and kill him then we'll found out the princess is in another castle.
    hold hostage by an ape, mayhaps? ^^

I'm pretty sure we are going to face a new Avatar of Sargeras at some point. Could see that as the 7.3 final boss. Don't see us facing Sargeras yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    His presence will be known very very well in 7.3(IMO). We won't fight him directly, because well he's a Titan and we're nothing to them.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by pokenexx View Post
    I'm pretty sure we are going to face a new Avatar of Sargeras at some point. Could see that as the 7.3 final boss. Don't see us facing Sargeras yet.
    This expansion is called Legion. I doubt we'll ever deal with the Legion in WoW to the extent that we are now, so it is now or never, unless Sargeras leaves the Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    This expansion is called Legion. I doubt we'll ever deal with the Legion in WoW to the extent that we are now, so it is now or never, unless Sargeras leaves the Legion.
    The legion begins and ends with Sargeras,

But Sargeras didn't begin with the Legion, & he most likely won't end with it.