Deleted

I found a trend...

I'm interested in your opinions about this:

Beginning of WoD - Warlock mechanic complaints regarding mostly talents (mainly destro)

Middle of WoD - Talents still messy (destro)

End of WoD - Talents still not improved nor mechanics (demo got the nerf, became a niche 1shot god in pvp - Destro became the annoying livelord I only ever trolled massive egotists with - Affliction was pretty ok, speedy and useful in pvp)

Beginning of Legion - Shock and almost global disgrace over the talent overhaul (basic spells are now talents, shadowfury has a cast time lol) - utter outrage everywhere, people working everyday trying to figure out the best way to play their specs and reporting baltent issues with slow and clunky (clunky as in unresponsive or slow to respond due to everything being on GCD) mechanics and being wholly ignored.

middle of legion - forums are pretty bare, close to no threads regarding mechanic issues and calls for improvement. Nowadays Warlocks are still not in the best of places mechanically speaking, but it seems as though the forums have calmed down because the numbers have been performing alright in PvE.

In PvP Warlocks (destro mainly) are not that useful or fun to play (clunky mechanics, poor fluidity and dated spell effects) yet the forums seem to only talk about getting the best numbers.

I'm interested in your opinions here but the trend is clear to me: Warlocks have left or re-rolled enmasse and the ones remaining have just accepted the state and are trying their best to have real fun (because even though you may identify as a warlock purist, I just bet you'd be able to have more fun with another class just because of the mechanics and convenient CC's).

What do you believe? I think we should still be calling out the devs on the poor gameplay of the class here and push for 7.2.5 to be the mainly Warlock mechanics improvement patch (amongst some other classes further down the alphabet).
    Last edited by mmocc0ad021917; 2017-03-25 at 11:54 PM.

I think we could definitely use some love still. Major mechanical and playstyle changes.

Still waiting on those burning embers blizzard was meant to add and soul effigy/demonic empowerment being clunky.

Locks were bad at the beginning of WoD because they were the most gear dependent class in the game. Once you got gear, you were fine. Middle of WoD, didn't have any problems. All specs were pretty good. Certain bosses required certain specs, (train guy you had to be demon). End of WoD, everything was fine. And to be honest, generally speaking, I preferred the WoD talents to Legion.

Beginning of Legion we sucked because again, super gear dependent. Once we got gear, and some tweeks to numbers, we are fine. All specs competitive. Maybe not in PvP which seems to be what you are complaining about without really specifically saying it. But locks are in a solid spot right now.

Deleted
    Would you also say we are mechanically in a good spot too? Personally I prefer the Wod talents to these ones however I wouldn't be so dismayed if the playstyle was as fluid as it once was. I do both PvP and PvE but I'm so determained to get that 2k for the elite pvp set, the problem is the chances are incredibly low and not in my favor because people are less likely to team up with warlocks in competitive play.

You say the numbers are fine which I can agree on, numbers have been tweaked and set bonuses (bandaids) helped a lot but to think if mechanically we were sound the numbers wouldn't need this kind of attention at all and the set bonuses could have been some genuinely interesting things. Just my opinion bud

Other than demonic empowerment, which I think should be baked in, and chaos bolt hitting like a wet noodle, i think we are pretty solid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by talwynn View Post
    Other than demonic empowerment, which I think should be baked in, and chaos bolt hitting like a wet noodle, i think we are pretty solid.
    this and the CDF not castable bug.

Deleted
    I think if a lot of spells came off the GCD or just didn't activate the GCD in the first place then the gameplay would be much smoother. Demonic Empowerment is an odd thing to add to the game imo, shouldn't the demons empower us? As a warlock using life energy for power are we by lore using our health to empower our slaves? If I were that guy I'd just summon more demons instead or summon demons to drain power from to empower my devastating abilities (demonbolt, chaos bolt, UA)

Have to say OP I'm on your side with this one. The WoD warlock design and playstyle was much better than legion. I wish we could go back to it because I gladly would!

Quote Originally Posted by cristos View Post
    Have to say OP I'm on your side with this one. The WoD warlock design and playstyle was much better than legion. I wish we could go back to it because I gladly would!
    I'd take any xpac over this one in terms of lock mechanics. Numbers right now we seem fine. But mechanics; geez, this dev team just loves clunky ass stuff. Crazy clunky. Destro and demo atm...FML who approved this toilet quality gameplay. AFF, ah, it's boring.

Deleted
    At launch there was alot of constructive feedback regarding Destro, yet every change Blizz has made since has only made it worse. I rather keep quiet and hope they won't "fix" it more.

Quote Originally Posted by Abacabb View Post
    I'm interested in your opinions about this:

Beginning of WoD - Warlock mechanic complaints regarding mostly talents (mainly destro)

Middle of WoD - Talents still messy (destro)

End of WoD - Talents still not improved nor mechanics (demo got the nerf, became a niche 1shot god in pvp - Destro became the annoying livelord I only ever trolled massive egotists with - Affliction was pretty ok, speedy and useful in pvp)

Beginning of Legion - Shock and almost global disgrace over the talent overhaul (basic spells are now talents, shadowfury has a cast time lol) - utter outrage everywhere, people working everyday trying to figure out the best way to play their specs and reporting baltent issues with slow and clunky (clunky as in unresponsive or slow to respond due to everything being on GCD) mechanics and being wholly ignored.

middle of legion - forums are pretty bare, close to no threads regarding mechanic issues and calls for improvement. Nowadays Warlocks are still not in the best of places mechanically speaking, but it seems as though the forums have calmed down because the numbers have been performing alright in PvE.

In PvP Warlocks (destro mainly) are not that useful or fun to play (clunky mechanics, poor fluidity and dated spell effects) yet the forums seem to only talk about getting the best numbers.

I'm interested in your opinions here but the trend is clear to me: Warlocks have left or re-rolled enmasse and the ones remaining have just accepted the state and are trying their best to have real fun (because even though you may identify as a warlock purist, I just bet you'd be able to have more fun with another class just because of the mechanics and convenient CC's).

What do you believe? I think we should still be calling out the devs on the poor gameplay of the class here and push for 7.2.5 to be the mainly Warlock mechanics improvement patch (amongst some other classes further down the alphabet).
    If you want to discuss warlocks' state in pvp , they're tier 1 right now.

The only spec that is performing poorly in pvp is affliction, the other 2 are in a really good spot atm in 3s , heck in rbgs all 3 specs are viable.

Seems your main issue isn't the performance but the changes done to mechanics, in which case if you are that bothered by it you should try playing a class that fits your view of what is fun instead of trying to setup a campaign to whine about wanting new lock mechanics which will probably be ignored until 9.0.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Genuinely interested in some resource that proves Warlocks are tier 1 in PvP. Would prefer one with gameplay hints etc.

Ultimate Trash, the winners of GCDTV EU Spring final yesterday, ran with a demo lock - the vod is on Supatease's channel . Demo is very tanky when the felguard is alive and they were able to set up scary one-shots with a big consumption combined with curse of fragility

As far as WoD is concerned, Affliction was only viable in 3 HFC fights. Council, zakuun and Tyrant. And for tyrant, destruction could be a close second if played right. People mostly complain about destruction, which is indeed annoying to play in most cases. And probably because destruction has been the most popular among the 3 specs because people like bug numbers. I for one hated HFC destruction because Chaos bolt was literally 70% of our total damage and everything else was trivial. But generally people liked that. Why? Because Chaos bolt was maybe the hardest hitting spell in-game back then. Critting for ~500k x2 if havoc'd