Any PvP Class that is a lot of fun (solo content)

Hey guys, first time here. I played a lot of pve the last two xpac and just wanted to start with pvp after a short break. Is there any class like wotlk rogues or mop ww monks (vanish -> death coil or just troll ppl with teleport of the monk or zen meditation olololol chaos bolts)?

It dont need to be op, but should have a big skill cap. Preferably for bgs / solo content / 2s.

Thanks for replying.

Deleted
    Enchancement shaman, Arcane mage, Arms warrior

can you explain why? enhancement seems to be really really squishy. are there some super cool tricks with this classes? like leap the shit away from your enemies?

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arcane Mage and Fury Warrior are great fun. Arcane has great mobility, damage, control and is just plain fun. Fury is similar, nice windows for damage. The mobility and damage for both are enough to make them enjoyable. Things like Temporal Shield and the Blink snapback are amazing. I also enjoy playing Rogue as well, Sub is good fun in PVP but it's really really really squishy and damage is average. Depends on how you want to play, in your face (Fury), stealthy (Sub) or dancing around and murdering everything (Arcane).

Also go Horde. Failliance is not fun to play right now. Sanity is quickly disappearing.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmwut View Post
    Hey guys, first time here. I played a lot of pve the last two xpac and just wanted to start with pvp after a short break. Is there any class like wotlk rogues or mop ww monks (vanish -> death coil or just troll ppl with teleport of the monk or zen meditation olololol chaos bolts)?

It dont need to be op, but should have a big skill cap. Preferably for bgs / solo content / 2s.

Thanks for replying.
    Well, I don't think the term big skill cap still applies but I would prolly say you should go rogue as that fits what you want most for bgs/solo/2s, note that I'm not talking about fotm or any of the sort, simply stating depending on what you asked.

I didn't mention WW coz I feel stealth is a powerful deterrent when it comes to bgs and mostly solo content, it gives you an edge to avoid fights you don't necessarily want to fight, the rest is pretty much the same.

Thanks, that was an awesome reply. Since I got every class on at least 100 and 7 classes on 110 i can choose everything. Never thought that arcane could be fun. My Main was a rogue since bc, in mop i played more as a ww (only pvp) - tried some rogue pvp in legion (all 3 speccs) but it wasnt that much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonnamilkyou View Post
    I can understand the enhance and arcane part, but arms for solo content/2? as a warr i can say fury is 100 times more fun and better, maybe for 2s with a healer arms could be better but there is that much diference.

if i had to chose i would play fury/WW for fun and solo content, nowdays there is no many classes with a big skill cap, maybe SP but is pure shit for solo content IMO, DH is fun and like super OP on solo content/2s but their skill cap is laughable.
    Last edited by Zeidia; 2017-03-26 at 04:59 PM.

I have a lot of fun in BGs/2s on my ww monk. It's DH for adults - crazy mobility, burst windows, plenty of cc.

Thanks, that was an awesome reply. Since I got every class on at least 100 and 7 classes on 110 i can choose everything. Never thought that arcane could be fun. My Main was a rogue since bc, in mop i played more as a ww (only pvp) - tried some rogue pvp in legion (all 3 speccs) but it wasnt that much fun.
    Basically what was said above, there are a lot of strong melee specs atm and I would say fury is a better/more fun spec than arms in bgs/open world and 2s, although pretty much all melee specs are relatively very strong in open world, in bgs it will be less so.

And from what I gather you're more of an agility class player, if u find rogue boring maybe try some feral, it will be less versatile in terms of raw control/outplaying potential but still retains its fearsome burst and decent survivability.

WW also fits into the strong open world class but has less options when it comes to surviving outside of karma.

Beyond that I don't want to mention DH as I feel it is the opposite of what you're looking for, burst damage aside, also warriors seem almost as boring as DH ( fury less so than arms) mechanically speaking.

People here will often tell you about fotm classes that are strong in open world/bgs , though I'm trying to answer your original question.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonnamilkyou View Post
    Don't listen to this guy: he is trolling you: Enhancement is the worst melee right now, Arcane Mage is by far the worst Mage's solo PvP spec, Arms Warrior is not that bad, but both Fury and even Protection are better for soloing.

My advice: Fury Warrior and Havoc DH for brainless solo. Retribution, Subtlety and WW, if you like more challenging playstyle. Avoid Enhancement, Feral and Outlaw.
    For caster there is not much of a choice: Moonkin (not sure about it after 7.2 heavy DoT nerfs and heavy single target buffs), Affliction/Demo, maybe Frost or Fire Mage. But melee > range in Legion PvP.
    Last edited by mmoc4f70414cfa; 2017-03-27 at 11:55 AM.

Deleted
    If you want a solo duelist for wpvp that can handle pretty much everything, I'm afraid the choices are...TANKS. Prot warrior, prot pala and guardian druid are tearing shit up. 1v1 is nothing, 1v2 is interesting, and 1v3 is fun. In the absence of resilience (thank Nooblinka for that), gear makes the difference in wpvp, and nothing takes down a geared tank in 1v1.

Of course not all tanks are good. Brewmaster is...meh. Blood dk struggles hard with shitty mobility. And personally I don't like DHs of either specs.
    Only warrior and pala tanks have the tools to deal with anything.

Or you could try a BM hunter. With the way they have 100% mobility and their pet can solo you while the hunter is out of range or hiding behind a tree, it's very strong for wpvp shennigans.

wotlk rogues
    I fucking wish.

They ruined the skillcap of the rogue class and deleted half of its classic abilities to make it "a more appealing experience to new players who could be turned off by too much complexity" or some bullshit
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Lately since I resubbed I'm having a blast with my arcane mage, I always hated PVP with it as frost or fire but somehow arcane is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    Subtlety if you like more challenging playstyle.
    L M F A O

This is the most gutted, brainless, and stupid Subtlety Rogue that has ever existed, and that is coming from a 12 year Subtlety main. This spec should not be included on any list of specs that are challenging, fun, novel, or have any kind of decent skill cap.

It's pretty much "press Cheap Shot 3 times" the spec, now. It's pants-on-head retarded.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

played some rogue and leveling my 104 arcan mage. Rogue seems to be some fun, tried outlaw, but that wasnt that much fun. Sub seems to be more fun, especially after 7.2. I feel like sub got much stronger with 7.2, you can survive very long as sub. also leveling my windwalker, but after 7 110 toons leveling is boring as shit. Played some bgs as fury, also very fun

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    L M F A O

This is the most gutted, brainless, and stupid Subtlety Rogue that has ever existed, and that is coming from a 12 year Subtlety main.

It's pretty much "press Cheap Shot 3 times" the spec, now. It's pants-on-head retarded.
    yeah, its still true, but still a little bit fun compared to other speccs i have seen
    Last edited by Sturmwut; 2017-03-30 at 05:58 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Most fun is to go mercenary mode, can be any class you like, recently discovered you can queue for the other faction Battlegrounds, and now they added a 50% honor bonus for the faction with less queue time, (I had 1-3 minute queues today queuing alliance mercenary as a horde character).

Honestly didn't even know it existed until yesterday :P

NPC to talk to for the mercenary buff is Sergeant Wilson in Dalaran underbelly main entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Most fun is to go mercenary mode, can be any class you like, recently discovered you can queue for the other faction Battlegrounds, and now they added a 50% honor bonus for the faction with less queue time, (I had 1-3 minute queues today queuing alliance mercenary as a horde character).

Honestly didn't even know it existed until yesterday :P

NPC to talk to for the mercenary buff is Sergeant Wilson in Dalaran underbelly main entrance.

It's in the game since WoD...

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delzao View Post
    It's in the game since WoD...
    I didn't play WoD, so it was new for me.

But the 50% bonus honor for shorter queues wasn't in until 7.2 so this method can give you shorter queues AND more honor by going mercenary.

Chiming in to say that if you`re looking for a solo experience in BG`s, enhancement might not be a good bet, lackluster defensives but good damage.
    You get blown up really easily and struggle to go toe to toe with many classes.