Poll: Should capes be improved?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    When they said they wanted to improve caps, i think most of us hoped for very awesome looking capes, with a cap, or capes that go in the shoulders, like you see on those royal guard uniforms.

But Capes are still kinda shit.

What do you say, should capes be even more improved?
    The construction of cloaks have two variables - race and gender. So a cloak equates to that many race/gender combinations.
    Adding in a third combination such as including a helm model adds another layer to the combinations.
    Modifying them so they fit into shoulders probably requires nothing less than a total revamp of character modeling with regards to how a cloak interacts with each and every shoulder model. Per race. And gender.

That said, I think they can be improved. But if we were given a transparent choice between improving capes and say, 3d textures on chest models, I'd probably pick the latter. Because I doubt both would be worked on at once.

I have capes turned off on almost all of my characters because of how badly they clip everything. Clipping in this game is pretty terrible, and capes are one of the worst offenders.

The one most annoying to me is the Male Blood Elf ponytail hairstyle with shields....because that the hairstyle I like the most and my Paladin Tank has it...and I refuse to change it, but it looks ridiculous when every shield I wear seems to have a little red tongue sticking out of the back of it that wiggles around.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Well should improve it even more, so far it's still quite shit.

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets...jpg?1443931755

This alone is already a nice model cape, look how the cape is visible on the front of varian? With the fur sticking out.
    That's just bad ass
    Not a separate model, but just one part of a fixed selection.
    A consistent helm (or not) and shoulders (or not) that it has to interact with.
    Players have access to hundreds of each, and on different races and genders.

Fixing that would require starting from scratch really.
    And while it could result in something really impressive looking, it would be a huge task in way of resources.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    That's what they said about stuff like 3D components for legpieces. Cough T19 and T20.
    Let's hope they do it again

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    im pretty sure when they said improve capes they ment much more shapes, instead of what we had just the 3 types

short rectangle
    long rectangle
    triangle

now we have alot lot more
    They changed the physics of how they move and interact with your character.

Well as you can mog them i don't see the issue