Deleted

Little Hidden Skin Clarification Please

After much searching I have not come across any definitive conclusions but I am wondering do you have to be either in a spec or have loot set to a certain spec to obtain hidden skin appearances ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    After much searching I have not come across any definitive conclusions but I am wondering do you have to be either in a spec or have loot set to a certain spec to obtain hidden skin appearances ?
    Short answer: No.

Longer answer: Nope. Confirmed multiple times over the months since release.

Deleted
    Thank you, most of the results I kept finding kept bouncing back between opinions.

Good to know I can do the dungeon part on my Rogue for the outlaw stuff whilst in assassin spec (I only complete nelth lair though, I dont finish VOW), I do the run as Outlaw then after snake boss is dead I can switch.

Indeed, mentioned many times on wowhead under the items for the appearances and I have myself had two appearances looted while under other specs, unholy while in frost for DK, and destruction while in affliction for Warlock.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Wowhead had some comments on prot warrior hidden skin indicating that you don't see the item unless you're in prot spec. Prot's my MS anyways, so I can't say one way or the other. My lock was able to get the affliction skin while specced destro.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Wowhead had some comments on prot warrior hidden skin indicating that you don't see the item unless you're in prot spec. Prot's my MS anyways, so I can't say one way or the other. My lock was able to get the affliction skin while specced destro.
    My Prot Warrior has sat in that cave for ~2 weeks, not seen it yet. Macro keeps coming up false.

My Prot Warrior has sat in that cave for ~2 weeks, not seen it yet. Macro keeps coming up false.
    That sucks. I'm pretty sure I wore out the path from the Skyhold drop to the cave. When I finally saw the roar I about fell out of my chair... then promptly lagged out, logged back in, and did a corpse run. :/ Good luck man.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Considering I got the MW hidden appearance from EN while both being in WW spec, with the WW loot specialization I'll have to go with no.