Dauntless and Relinquished tokens

I know that Relinquished tokens have a chance of upgrading to a legendary item, but do dauntless tokens also have the chance to upgrade to a legendary item? If so would it be more beneficial to purchase 12 dauntless pieces (4800 shards) over 1 Relinquished piece (5000 shards) to better target a specific legendary?

Only the tooltip on Relinquished says it has a chance for Leggos, clearly they did this intentionally to prevent exactly what you are suggesting would be more efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Only the tooltip on Relinquished says it has a chance for Leggos, clearly they did this intentionally to prevent exactly what you are suggesting would be more efficient.
    I don't see that in my tooltips.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    There was tooltip before, but they removed it, because chance for legendary is veeery small - there is no point farming it for legend.

Only the 5k ones

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye, only the 5k ones was to have to ability to do so.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Actually no, one of my Guild's Havoc got the legendary DPS trinket from a Dauntless Trinket, after clicking on it and the trinket that the spell "crafted" was the legendary trinket. Now he got all Havoc legendaries and has switched his loot to tanking legendaries.