Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Time to hang up the sword and shield- for good, perhaps.

I'm not quitting WoW. Rather, I consider it retirement. I know I'm a nobody and people aren't going to care, but I thought I'd speak anyway.

I love the game. I really do- there are things that could be better, but I have no real complaints. Honestly, WoW has been a blast lately, and Legion was a great expansion.

I'm also at a point in my life right now where I just don't have the time or energy to keep up with an MMO. I started playing in November of 2006- when I was a freshman in high school. Now I'm working full-time at a job that is relatively physically demanding. 2PM-11PM: I'm usually dead tired when I get home.

I'm 25 years old now and trying to build a life for myself... I will more than likely be going back to college next fall, something I am very excited about. A lot has changed for me since 2006. I've been playing WoW less and less over the years, and I finally decided it's time to move on. I can't carry some things into the future with me, and this is one of them.

I will always love gaming, but with the limited amount of time I have these days, I'd rather play something that doesn't leave me behind if I need a break.

So thanks, Blizzard, for 11 good years.

Might be better off posting this on Blizzard's website, I mean like you said, nobody here actually gives a shit but they might. Enjoy your life, and probably see you in patch 7.2.5.

I quit threads are not allowed on the forums and not trying to sound like a dick but nobody here cares about you building a family or going back to school. Congrats for you but yeah, we really don't.

Signature Created by Jassinta

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT: Adults who've just realized that adulting can be hard and time consuming feel the need to tell adults who are already adulting how proud they are that they've finally decided to start adulting.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing personal and not ment to be harsh but,
    We don't know who you are, don't think any of us cares, people come and go daily in games.
    And quit threads are idd not allowed.

GL to ur future life though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck. As the others said (though I'll say it more nicely!) unfortunately we don't allow these kind of threads here. Your decision to play less or not to play at all is a personal one. A blog is more suited to this and there isn't really anything we can discuss about it.

Closing.