Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    I have no problem with more difficult dungeons, especially if they provide better rewards. Problem becomes when you throw that dungeon into the same pool as the remaining dungeons and place it on equal footing. CoEN is way more difficult than any of the other dungeons, the reward is not superior, and it pretty much turns into an instant dead key above 10+.

If CoEN was separate from the M+ system, then fine, make it as hard as they want. Otherwise, balance it according to the other dungeons.

Even after like 3 sets of nerfs so far, this dungeon is still ridiculously overtuned. And what#s even worse, 0 thought has been put into it in terms of m+ affixes.
    Like, stupid explosives affix crap aside (why do the plants on boss #1 spawn explosives? It's like the boss mechanic telling you to stand as far away as possible and suddenly theres a triple explosive spawn right at the other side of the boss room).

The dungeon on tyrannical doesn't work because all of the bosses, for some unkown reason, still have way more health and damage than other mythic bosses. Iirc CoeNs endboss on +10 FORTIFIED has less health than CoSs endboss +14 on tyrannical, all of that while dealing significantly more damage. The dungeon doesn't work on fortified, just like Karazhan. Theres soooo many individual mobs that need individual focus, and if you fail to CC any of them you'll likely insta-wipe - meanwhile you can pull packs of ten in pretty much every other instance and all you need is a single aoe stun and you're fine. Packs in there get ridiculously hard once teeming comes into play, even without teeming affixes like Bursting, Bolstering, Necrotic or Skittish will be a major pain due to naturally big packs in there.

It feels like 0 testing went into this dungeon. Coupled with the 0 testing that went into explosive you can pretty much trash your key if you get a CoeN this week.

I did CoEN on one character at ordinary M. Not going to bother with it again at any difficulty level.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Well it seems to be nerfed alot now according to new hotfixes. COEN 10+ inc!!

I have completed 13 COEN this week. Generally, yes I would say it's overtuned, but it's not consistently so. We one shot 2nd and 3rd boss, we had minor issues on first boss but ultimately solved it after a few pulls. Last boss, took us 4 attempts to figure out mechanics. 12 altogether to tighten it up and get the kill. What we learned is that shit doesn't one shot you in there unless you're just going in there like you can just wear only your absolute bis dps gear or w.e.
    Tips for first boss: have plenty of aoe slows/snares and quickly zerg the back adds, then immediately switch to the big add on boss and kill the add that spawns on tank (who should be rotating cds and have no problem holding it for a bit).

Tips for last boss: Make sure you take both demonic upheavals to a far side of the room (same side near or stacked up) and then quickly move to the opposite side of the room to avoid proximity dmg. If you have to do it, just bite the bullet and replace your tier gear with something that has versatility, or use Prydaz if you have it, because it's the dmg going out from the dot (mainly) that is fkn people up (outside of add phase) and your dps isn't going to be below what is actually required to do the dungeon.
    At 10% versatility I never dropped below 25% hp.

We ultimately killed the boss in 1 phase, no lust. 12th pull. None of us had run the dungeon very much outside of this.

One thing you definitely never want to do (at least with higher keys) is take more than 1 melee in here.

Also, to reiterate ya the main problem with this being a much more difficult dungeon is the loot is the worst of any mythic+ for the most part. I'd be all for this one harder than all other dungeons but they should offer some loot that's not horrible.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-04-11 at 09:03 AM.

aaand last hotfix proves it was overtuned like hell

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like the health on Mephisto is too low, especially now after the hotfix. Shouldnt be able to be 1 phasing him like groups are doing. Just seems way too easy.

The boss difficulty is kind of reversed too. The hardest boss is the first, easiest is the last. Just shouldnt be like that. If anything, they should have kept Mephisto's health the same, but just nerf either the damage of the orbs in the second phase, or the images health.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drefanator View Post
    I feel like the health on Mephisto is too low, especially now after the hotfix. Shouldnt be able to be 1 phasing him like groups are doing. Just seems way too easy.

The boss difficulty is kind of reversed too. The hardest boss is the first, easiest is the last. Just shouldnt be like that. If anything, they should have kept Mephisto's health the same, but just nerf either the damage of the orbs in the second phase, or the images health.
    Now he is on equal values of all the other end bosses in the m+ pool (so he is as trivial as those)

Deleted
    Went there and did a +11 a couple weeks ago. Was pretty fucking rough and took us almost an hour to kill the last boss, haha. Not planning to repeat that experience, though I'm ok with lower M+ keys for the place. It definitely seems overtuned considering +11 keys for any other dungeon are usually absolutely fine and we're 2-3 chesting them easily.

edit: Didn't realise it has been hotfixed recently
    Last edited by mmocd3ce03bf68; 2017-04-11 at 07:47 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drefanator View Post

Only did normal hc and it looked like a mythic so it was overtuned
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    aaand last hotfix proves it was overtuned like hell
    I wonder how many LFD groups were instabailing when they got CoEN.

M and M+ participation must have been similarly dismal. You don't often see them nerf like that.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I wonder how many LFD groups were instabailing when they got CoEN.

M and M+ participation must have been similarly dismal. You don't often see them nerf like that.
    at least forum warriors had chance to wave their e-pen a bit about how "lol-easy " it was

shit tuning is shit tuning /shrug