Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Dit it as a 899 arms warrior with artifact at lvl45.

Here is the video : youtu.be/qRv-cJnAw1M

Deleted
    Completed on DH. 905 Ilvl

Phase 1: Prydaz/Raddons. 3/3/3/2/3/2/3/3
    Phase 2: Prydaz/AotHG. 2/2/3/3/3/1/1

How do I deal with the darkness? I can't seem to burst down a 2nd add before darkness kills me. I'm 905 with 4 set, convergence, BTI, bracers and the BM pet ring. Should I save butchery for that or dump my mongooses on the first one and then immediately move to the second?

Completed last night on my DH 900 item level

Phase 1: Prydaz/Cinidaria 2/2/2/3/2/2/3
    Aggressive use of Imprison to allow Eye Beam, Chaos Nova and Fel Eruption CDs to reset. After first Frost phase, saved Consume Magic exclusively for Draw Power interrupts. I used the leap frog method to cross the room in the Arcane phases. It's a 40 second cast time, so take a deep breath and make smart moves if you find yourself coming up short with double fel rushes across the room.

Phase 2: Delusions/AotHG 2/2/2/3/3/1/1
    Saved Meta/potion for first adds. Throw Glaive snares with Master of the Glaive, Fury of the Illidari, Eye Beam, Blade Dance and then focused each add down after that for second group. Meta again for the third group of adds. I beat him with a sliver of space left on the floor and had several attempts in the 10-20% range before beating it. I forgot to get drums for the fight, but that would have helped. I would have used them in the second group of adds probably.

Good luck everyone. It's beatable, just find what works for you!

890 ilvl Equipped Havoc demon hunter challenge

Completed on 4/14/17 as 890 Equipped ilvl with the legendaries Cinidaria the symbiote and Mo'arg bionic stablizers. (the only other legendary i have is kiljaedens trinket but swapped for convergance of fate for faster meta for last phase). cant post pic since im new but just posting to show it is possible if you are willing to earn it.

Search wow armory "Slickzlolz".

890 ilvl when i killed because it was my best dps set up that I normally run except for trinket and belt swapped from my normal set up (Kill jadens trink instead of convergance of fate/crit mastery epic belt instead of legendary)
    took about 50 tries got it on my last attempt at the very last second at the very last possible spot of land available.
    spec was:
    Blind fury, Demonic appetite, bloodlet, soul rending, Fel eruption, Master of the glaive, and Demonic

The video that helped me and its the same thing I did is on youtube search "40 traits / 907 equipped Havoc vs Archmage Xylem". Pay attention to the last phase though make sure to not move the boss until after he spawns floor darkness to be able to get more space free on map. Use all aoe on adds eyebeam/fury of the illidari chaos nova and time your throwglaives with bloodlet for add burst so make sure 2 charges are up for adds/ frequent boss dps when out of range at any time.

WAS NOT EASY AT MY ILVL. felt like crying lmao (during wipes and after beating it)

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    The 2nd phase can be done in a partial demonic build for anyone who hasnt had the good fortune of getting a defensive legendary. Make sure you use a Tome after you get the mage to 10.5% and switch talents so you have Nemesis and Chaos blades, Master of the glaive for slow and bloodlet. The wrists help but arent needed and I used the shoulders and CoF for more Meta...youll get two at least depending on your timing any more and your close to dead from the crushing darkness. I used Rads and shoulders for the 1st phase. Really as long as you can do over 600k dps while still using BF and DA as first two talents the second phase is easy...just make sure to drag adds far away and use CDs on them...then youll have the nemesis buff for boss and even some of Chaos Blades on him. Oh and if like me you kill the adds so fast that they dont move remember to fel rush to the spot where crushing darkness and the safe floor meet...you dont want the boss coming closer to you as it will spread the aoe faster

not sure if already mentioned.

for havoc DH on 2nd arcane add phase. I found it easiest to fel rush then meta leap onto xylem. this way your meta will come up after first lot of adds die in p2.

Hi there!, just finish it as 909 ilvl Subtlety Rogue.

youtu.be/ew7eKc32FDs

few tips:

Phase 1 - as a rogue there's a few ways to escape the ice:

Brute force, use the legendary cloak with 200% dmg stealth buff increase and shuriken storm out
    Cheese it, cloak of shadows and walk
    Classy, shadowstep behind one of the icicles, trust me looks good but not reliable.

Also i would like to say, i didn't use any defensive legendaries, i think is better just to force your way out of the fight as soon as u can, try to push the boss to advance through the phases and the fight will be faster and easier. soothing darkness/faint and vial should be able to sustain the whole fight even if u do some mistakes ( i did!)

Phase 2 - Mage copies? RUN!

Best way here is to sprint/cloak/shadow step the fast u can to Xylem. but it may not always be available and u may have to shadow strike and kill some copies until the boss.

Best advice here, STAY CALM. This stage looks chaotic but is not that hard, look at the cast bars of the copies, and only try to shadow strike it after the cast is already finished, save at least 1 shadow dance charge or vanish for this stage, you will need it.

Second Boss:

Probably the most annoying thing for sub rogues, the fight itself is not hard, BUT shadow strike can and actually will KILL YOU sometimes, and this is something that i hope will be fixed. Start with high deeps here, pre-pot /rune, but don't drum yet!, save some cds for the add phase

Add Phase:

Boss will cast a channeling spell, sprint away, rebuff and get ready to kill those adds. you must slow them down ASAP and shuriken/finisher rotation. here you can and should use your combat pot on first wave and drums on second wave, make sure you got tangled shadow talent, its a must here.

Back to boss, just rinse and repeat, i would suggest not to use shadow strike at ALL unless cloak is off cd, if u get ported behind the boss its over and believe me, it happens alot!

Hope the info may be useful to you and GL everyone!

Arms Warrior Guide to Xylem

I just gave this one a go and beat it this afternoon on an Arms Warrior. I thought I'd leave a guide of sorts, I'm not sure if it has all been covered but I thought I'd leave my perspective on it anyway.

Gear : ilvl899 - I used Prydaz + Boots for phase 1, Ayala Ring + Gloves for final phase. Some form of survival legendary felt necessary for P1. Any pieces with Leech/Speed are very worthwhile to equip for P1.
    Talents : Standard Focused Rage build with Bounding Stride + Shockwave, you can use Second Wind for some more effective healing but then you create more pressure on movement which makes the fight much more difficult. I used a tome to swap to Sweeping Strikes for final phase. Double Time would help in P1 if you wanna spend 2 tomes but isn't required.

Phase 1. Ice Ice Baby

Prepot just after he finishes his speech, I used Prolonged Power (it's more about survival than dps in P1 anyway). You have approx 10-12s after combat starts to do your pull burst and then he's going to teleport away. As he teleports he will stun you for approx 1second as Ice drops on your head, moving while among this ice = death. Once you're out of the stun jump and then leap to his location to continue the fight. You must jump before leaping or the Ice will still 1 shot you when you leap, so Jump + Leap.

This may be a helpful macro.

Code:
    Macro allows you to leap in one click, at your cursor location.

#showtooltip
    /cast [@cursor] Heroic Leap

After you've leaped to his new position you wanna interrupt one of his frostbolts and move him closer to the middle, flip yourself around so that you're now facing the middle (boss has his back to it) and continue to dps. You will have around 15 seconds until the 2nd teleport + Ice. Heroic Leap will still have around 6-7s left on the cooldown so what you want to do is try to bank a Colossus Smash (but not Warbreaker, save this for later) before the boss teleports so you can use it on a piece of ice when it drops, kill the Ice shard to get a Victory Rush proc for healing and then Jump + Leap to the boss and heal up.

Again you will have 15-17 seconds to dps the boss before the 3rd Teleport + Ice, so interupt his Frostbolt to move him into position. This time you want to save your leap and instead use Warbreaker + Bladestorm to burn down the ice shards and then move to the boss, charge and heal up with Victory Rush. You will have around 10-12 seconds from this point to move the boss into position and dps him.

Phase Two - Arcane Annihilation (Aka Mirror Images phase).

To recap : At the end of the last phase you should have interrupted his Frostbolt and moved him close to the middle, then turned him around so his back is facing the middle and you have vision of the larger area of the room, and the the direction he's going to teleport. With this in mind you will be able to see where he teleports just long enough before he turns into sparkly stardust, so you're going to leap immediately towards him and end this phase, this is primarily why Bounding Stride is helpful.

If things don't go well don't forget you can charge to an add that is near him, but you will recieve a moment slow. If you want to be safe you can try to save a use of Colossus Smash before the teleport in the unforunate case that you might need to dps one of the images, standing in the circle around the image after killing it will protect you from damage and heal you, for a short duration before it dissipates. In the ideal case this doesn't happen and you simply leap and instantly end the phase, this is the goal.

Phase Three - Shadow Barrage/Draw Power

Almost as soon as you enter this phase he will start casting Shadow Barrage over 8 seconds. DO NOT attempt to interrupt Arcane Barrage or Shadow Barrage at the start of this phase, you will need your interrupt for Draw Power. Simply dodge the shadow balls as they approach you. Getting hit by one here will not kill you, but it will do considerable damage and possibly cause you to struggle to make that health back.

Draw Power (Important!) Around 8 seconds after Shadow Barrage (for me, not 100% on how the timing for this works) he cast his Draw Power, each stack of this will increase his damage by 10% (stacking) for the rest of the fight so you must have pummel ready to interrupt immediately, he will gain 1 stack each time regardless.

Around 5 seconds after Draw Power he's going to teleport to the very furthest opposite end of the room and start casting Arcane Barrage at you, be weary of this and do your best to get back to him as fast as you can without using leap. Around 5 seconds after you reach him he is going to cast Draw Power again, interrupt it and prepare for Arcane Annihilation (Aka Arcane Mirror Images phase), make sure you track where he teleports so you can leap.

Shadow Barrage + Frost Phase - At this point he will again cast Shadow Barrage, if you notice he is now casting Frostbolts at you instead of Arcane Barrage then his next special will once again be the Ice, leap will be on CD so use Warbreaker + Bladestorm and move to the boss. You should have some time 15s + to dps him here before he again casts Shadow Barrage. Following this he will Teleport + Ice and you will jump + leap + charge to the boss.

At this point I ended this phase, I don't have any perspective on him beyond this point but I'd assume he would cast 1 more Ice before reverting to Arcane Annihilation.

Final Phase - The Shadow Within (Aka big angry Void boss)

This is mostly a dps race, and one where cooldown timing is super important. Switch to Sweeping Strikes + your best dps gearset. As soon as the boss is active you want to be on the edge of the room so that he moves there. Here you want to pop drums (bloodlust) and your 2nd Pot, CS the boss and use all cooldowns, moving away from the growing shadow as you try your best to focus dps on the boss.

Important save Warbreaker for the adds! - The goal here is via Bloodlust to try to push the cooldown of Battle Cry down with anger management so that you can get a full burst on the boss as he spawns and have it back up in time for when the adds spawn in approx 30s. As soon as the boss starts to channel his cast on you leap away as far as you possible can. Burn excess rage on FR to get 3 stacks (also reduces BC cooldown) and then shockwave the adds as soon as they spawn. Hit them with Warbreaker and sweep them down with MS/Execute.

Move back on the boss, move to the edge and slowly edge away from the shadow as you dps again, using battle cry as it comes up may be a risk but it's a risk you may need to take, it's very possible to have it back up ready again in time for the adds (around 1min intervals between adds), where you will have Warbreaker + Avatar too. At this point I killed the boss just before the 3rd set of adds so I have no perspective beyond this point, but it's rinse and repeat really.

While it's tight, Arms cooldowns line up pretty much perfectly for this final phase, so it's not as difficult as it might seem to meet the dps requirements.

My video of the kill

I made a few mistakes, my playing got messy at times, but as long as the core mechanics of the fight are taken care of and you can survive the first part of the fight it seems you're good. I guess with a little more gear this will become somewhat trivial. I enjoyed it tho.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2017-04-23 at 06:27 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    I was having a lot of issues with the challenge on my havoc DH the last few times the tower was up, but this time I changed a few things from how I was doing it before. I went with 3/3/3/3/3/2/3 for the entire fight using Mo'arg and Cinidaria as my legendaries for the entire fight. This time I downloaded the DBM addon for the challenge, which helped me predict when he was gonna teleport into the darkness phase, so that I could run to the middle in advance (this was a big deal as most wipes I had were from him suddenly teleporting to the other side of the room). The other thing I made sure to do was to immediately pull the shadow boss to the edge of the platform before he put the circle of floor shit underneath himself, giving me more time to kill him by giving me more platform space (this meant that instead of getting to <20% and running out of space, I was able to kill him before even going 3/4 of the way around the room).

I did it at 900 ilvl using Convergence of fates and Ethereal Urn for my trinkets (yeah, no chaos blades so I probably should've gone with something other than urn but oh well :P)

All in all I was wiping dozens of times a night trying it before, but with the changes I made it only took 3 tries.

Managed to do it with 894 ilvl Havoc DH. I had 20-30 wipes on previous Mage Tower days, but managed to get Mo'arg Bionic Stabilizers a couple days back, and that really made the difference for me. Before those I had made it to the last phase for several times but wiped because I couldn't always kill all of the adds. I used Prydaz as my other legendary. On my succesful try I didn't have any space left in the end and I did die on the last second, exactly at the same time as the boss, but the quest objective was complete so I just released and then proceeded to Azshara.

So my tip for low ilvl DH's out there: try to get those Mo'arg bracers if you can.
    Last edited by Meirami; 2017-04-24 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SenpaiDean View Post
    How do you get the pointer location tracked while it's hidden? I need that in my life.

@Redblade Mouse sonar does the pulsing and Where Cursor (DMouse) does the green. this is because _cursor addon is broken atm. perhaps its fixed now If it is i'd recommend _cursor over everything else.

also in order to get the green circle small enough I had to edit DMouse's .lua file to allow the slider bar minimum to go below 32 pixels

Quote Originally Posted by SenpaiDean View Post
    @Redblade Mouse sonar does the pulsing and Where Cursor (DMouse) does the green. this is because _cursor addon is broken atm. perhaps its fixed now If it is i'd recommend _cursor over everything else.

also in order to get the green circle small enough I had to edit DMouse's .lua file to allow the slider bar minimum to go below 32 pixels
    Sweet cheers, I'll check it out after raid.

Deleted
    Don't know if already posted but:
    On closing the eye:
    Arcane Phase
    Teleport-> Arcane Phase
    Teleport->Mirror images

After the first teleport, you can actually pull him to the center by using an immunity effect. Like Netherwalk for DH.(just interrups don't seem to work)
    That way it's much more easyier to get to him.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Bigbazz;45472501]Arms Warrior Guide to Xylem

I just gave this one a go and beat it this afternoon on an Arms Warrior. I thought I'd leave a guide of sorts, I'm not sure if it has all been covered but I thought I'd leave my perspective on it anyway.

Gear : ilvl899

good guide! i'll give this a go later.

Deleted
    I Finally did it! Havoc Demon hunter - "Doublejump" on Sylvanas

904 ilvl with only pvp items.
    2 legendaries: Cinidaria, the Symbiote and Achor, the Eternal Hunger.
    Artifact trait lvl 45

I have completed phase one like 30 times without Achor, so definitely possible.

The second phase was just so hard in full PvP gear as it's mainly a DPS check. If you watch, you'll see that it's incredibly close and If he had 500k more health in total I wouldn't have made it

Clip of the kill: https://clips.twitch.tv/RelatedAbneg...rmelonBatChest

Full highlight: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/139837552

I think I could have just kept DPSing him at the end, but I panicked and was afraid he was immune to dmg on 1% while casting. I'm not really sure though I'm a little sad that my first phase was pretty rusty, I feel like I was doing it much cleaner earlier.

Final note:

For other people who are struggling with phase 2, make sure you think about how you kite him. For my first couple of tries I was only able to meta once - that's a mistake. Also if you intend to switch your talents before phase 2 (which you basically have to), try to keep fel eruption off cd so you can change to nemesis.

edit: another note: save war drums and potion of prolonged power for your second meta, where you also nemesis the boss. Basically stacking as much as possible for more dps is good right
    Last edited by mmocf0203e43c2; 2017-05-03 at 04:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    921-932 Survival Hunter with/without 4pc Tomb set and Call of the Wild + Sephuz or Voodoo mask or Soul of the Huntsmaster

I am at my wit's end with this fight. There is only 1 issue I have, and that is on the voidwalkers that spawn during the 2nd phase. I cannot kill them, at all. I can get the shadow boss down to like 55% before the first adds spawn, but they just walk over my traps and I can't keep them slowed. I get off 2 GCDs before they start streaking away from me and I have either 1 of them just about dead with 2 near full or all 3 at around 65%. The adds just run so fast and I get as far away from the boss as I can before they spawn.

I go thru phase 1 in about 4 minutes or less. I have both the BM (905 ilvl) and MM (912 ilvl) already completed, and I have also gone thru the trouble of taming Fenryr. None of those things are causing me as much trouble as killing these voidwalkers during the 2nd phase.
    Last edited by marzix; 2017-09-22 at 07:14 PM.
    -----Marzix-----
    ---Hellscream---