Poll: What's your decision ?

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    I personally hope they handle it the same way they did in legion. Reading all these people saying they're going to quit the game over it is quite amusing.
    Sadly, the same troop of whiners who quit will still be back in here next August bitching more, and STILL unsubbed after 4 years.

Can you please fix the poll options so they don't only provide the information you want them to provide?

You missed an option in your poll:
    Im out if flying is in at all.

Personaly i also like the way of working for the reward of flying. butt it wont affect if il by the nexst expack or not.

And on game develvopment side i see why they wuld preffer ground focused content, there is quickly harder to manage to get the proper chalenge of things, if the player just can fly and land thous avoiding much of the challenge that is intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    ITs clearly lazy to manually fly someplace vs. being afk and the then running someplace and taking a whistle back to a fp to repeat. Yep, so much more lazy!
    I'm sorry what's your point here exactly? It's like you read the last two lines of my post then thought up the most juvenile response possible.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

I liked pathfinder but I don't care for the long wait til you can actually fly or having it broken up into two parts. I kinda don't see the point in not allowing it sooner since I just use the whistle the afk fly somewhere before skipping as many mobs as possible to get where I'm going.

The terrain has been pretty annoying. Sometimes there are quests I just skip because it's to much of a pain to even get to the quest area.
    There are a million fine looking women in this world but not all of them will bring you lasagna at work. Most of them will just cheat on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Do you disagree with WoW being an open-world game?

I'm not sure I'm actually "blaming" anyone for anything. How does my being satisfied with WoW as it is equate to me wanting WoW to be something that "isn't Warcraft?" What does "isn't Warcraft" actually mean?

What do you mean here?

Are you sure you've played WoW, because for the most part it is an RPG that focuses on quest objectives and character progression?
    Game, where world content has always served some 1) one time leveling solo-RPG-like purpose 2) filler between instanced content purpose - can't be called "open world" game, lol. Only Vanilla could be called "open world" game. That's why I say, that I want Vanilla's world design back. What we have now with CRZ and sharding - is illusion of open world content, cuz in fact we have instanced world content. As I've already said, the only difference - is removed ceiling. And you want Wow to be Metroid, Duck Tales or Addams Family kind of game. Kind of game, that implies exploration, i.e. spending your time on running back and forth inside some maze again, again and again, till you won't find some right sequence of doing things, killing the same respawning enemies over and over again, that exists there to waste your time only (some kind of punishment for doing things wrong way) and shooting every brick of wall to find some crappy secret. This isn't RPG and isn't Warcraft. If you want such game - you should play games, that are specifically about exploration. And again, your demands to turn Wow into such game - aren't any better, than my demands to turn Wow back into true RPG, i.e. game, that is about quest objectives and character progression. If you don't understand, what that means, then here is simple explanation for you: if quest tells me to kill 10 mobs - I want to kill 10 mobs, nothing more. No forced exploration. No forced competition. No forced socialization. Period. If devs want me to do something else - they should include this thing into quest objectives and give me proper reward for doing it, so my character will be able to progress.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

I'll be buying it anyways.
    I really just see flying as a tool I can use to farm plants and some other mats without running heroics to farm Bloods to buy said mats, so yeah, I'm not too phased with the whole "no flying" thing.
    Maybe if they did a questline to unlock it that would go through some patches it wouldn't feel like such an empty feature... but, hey, still, if there weren't any flying I wouldn't really mind.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Game, where world content has always served some 1) one time leveling solo-RPG-like purpose 2) filler between instanced content purpose - can't be called "open world" game, lol. Only Vanilla could be called "open world" game.
    Every time you talk about Vanilla you make it more and more clear that you either never played it or can't remember what it was like. You also show a lot of ignorance for terms like "open world."

First up, most Vanilla zones were one time leveling or filler on your way to an instance, it was later expansions that started putting in daily (now world) quests that gave level-cap characters a reason to go back to lower level zones.

Secondly, an open world game is a game with an open world. Some games have levels which are loaded separately so your character can not move easily between them. Other games have open worlds so you can revisit areas easily even if there is no actual content to play.

That's why I say, that I want Vanilla's world design back. What we have now with CRZ and sharding - is illusion of open world content, cuz in fact we have instanced world content. As I've already said, the only difference - is removed ceiling.
    I don't understand your "ceiling" comment, and CRZ and sharding don't make it any less of an open world.

And you want Wow to be Metroid, Duck Tales or Addams Family kind of game.
    Admittedly I've been out of the console-gaming loop for quite a while, but aren't they all 2D side-scrolling platformers? Could you link to videos or even just reviews of the games you're thinking of so I can get some sort of idea what you are trying to say?

Kind of game, that implies exploration, i.e. spending your time on running back and forth inside some maze again, again and again, till you won't find some right sequence of doing things, killing the same respawning enemies over and over again, that exists there to waste your time only (some kind of punishment for doing things wrong way) and shooting every brick of wall to find some crappy secret.
    Seriously, what? What is the "maze" in WoW? What are the "bricks" you're referring to? Why do you feel "punished" and what have you done wrong to feel that way?

This isn't RPG and isn't Warcraft.
    I'll take your word for that as I have little idea what you're talking about.

If you want such game - you should play games, that are specifically about exploration.
    I do! I play open-world action/adventure/RPG games like WoW!

And again, your demands to turn Wow into such game
    I'm not demanding anything, I'm just enjoying the exploration and open-world feeling that I'm getting from the current iteration of WoW and the slight reminiscence it has to Vanilla.

- aren't any better, than my demands to turn Wow back into true RPG, i.e. game, that is about quest objectives and character progression. If you don't understand, what that means, then here is simple explanation for you: if quest tells me to kill 10 mobs - I want to kill 10 mobs, nothing more. No forced exploration. No forced competition. No forced socialization. Period. If devs want me to do something else - they should include this thing into quest objectives and give me proper reward for doing it, so my character will be able to progress.
    This sounds like you would be better with some sort of single player, linear game where there aren't the extra enemies to deal with, where there aren't other players on the server and there isn't an open world to get lost in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Every time you talk about Vanilla you make it more and more clear that you either never played it or can't remember what it was like. You also show a lot of ignorance for terms like "open world."

First up, most Vanilla zones were one time leveling or filler on your way to an instance, it was later expansions that started putting in daily (now world) quests that gave level-cap characters a reason to go back to lower level zones.

Secondly, an open world game is a game with an open world. Some games have levels which are loaded separately so your character can not move easily between them. Other games have open worlds so you can revisit areas easily even if there is no actual content to play.

I don't understand your "ceiling" comment, and CRZ and sharding don't make it any less of an open world.

Admittedly I've been out of the console-gaming loop for quite a while, but aren't they all 2D side-scrolling platformers? Could you link to videos or even just reviews of the games you're thinking of so I can get some sort of idea what you are trying to say?

Seriously, what? What is the "maze" in WoW? What are the "bricks" you're referring to? Why do you feel "punished" and what have you done wrong to feel that way?

I'll take your word for that as I have little idea what you're talking about.

I do! I play open-world action/adventure/RPG games like WoW!

I'm not demanding anything, I'm just enjoying the exploration and open-world feeling that I'm getting from the current iteration of WoW and the slight reminiscence it has to Vanilla.

This sounds like you would be better with some sort of single player, linear game where there aren't the extra enemies to deal with, where there aren't other players on the server and there isn't an open world to get lost in.
    1) Actually, Wow has loading screens. And even more - major pieces of content are gated behind this loading screens.
    2) I thought, that "open world" - isn't just "no loading screens". Cuz loading screen - is just technical limitation of old computers. It's absence itself doesn't mean, that game is "open world".
    3) Ability to see other players out in a world doesn't automatically turn game into "open world" game. Cuz such game is "open world" game just nominally. In order to be true "open world" game - it should focus on "open world" content.
    4) You should know, that back in MOP Blizzard implemented new tech - since then they have been able to make world instances. I.e. instances, that no longer require loading screens to enter. You just enter some area and BAM - you're in instance. That's, what I call "instance without ceiling". Cuz technically it's still instance, but now you're able to see sky above you. And if you don't know, what is CRZ/sharding - it's actually whole world instancing. It works the same way, as 5ppls and BGs. World is split into several locations. Every location is essentially instance - players from different servers can enter it the same way, they enter 5ppl or BG. When one instance is full - next instance is being created. TL;DL Technically world is no longer open - with CRZ/sharding it's actually instanced.
    5) About "exploration" games. For me situation is exactly the opposite. I played such games on NES, but I've never played such games on PC. 2D or 3D - there is no difference. There 3D ones. Something like Tomb Rider, I guess. What I want to tell - is that Wow can have some optional "exploration" elements for players, who like them, same as Pet Battles for example, but Wow ISN'T ABOUT EXPLORATION, just like Wow isn't about Pet Battles, i.e. such elements should never be mandatory and forced on all players. P.S. May be you don't understand it, but your reason for no flying - is actually exploration. And just like you suggest me to play single player games - I suggest you to play some Action-adventure games, such as Metroid, just because that's, what you actually want Wow to be.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2017-05-09 at 07:48 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Packers01;45651197]
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I'm sorry what's your point here exactly? It's like you read the last two lines of my post then thought up the most juvenile response possible.[/QUOTE

Your post was incorrect. It takes more effort to manually fly someplace then to afk on a flight path and use a whistle. Really not that hard to follow.
    According to you?
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.