Question Any tips for a newbie?

Hi, I just bought the game with Legion too and I was wondering if I should focus on the quests or focus on raid groups. Which would benefit me more? That would help me a lot, thanks.

Raids are end game content. You need to quest/dungeon your way to level 110 first.

Focus on the questing experience. Do you mean dungeon runs? Raiding only happens at max level. Anyway you can do dungeons (5 man) as you level up but if you're new you probably don't have heirlooms equipped (account bound items designed to gear alt chars). Most people running low level dungeons are alt chars decked out in heirloom gear, so they expect others to be rushing through dungeons 1-2 shotting mobs and kick those who fall behind. Don't let that discourage you from doing the occasional dungeon run though. If you want to be "efficient," then just go and do quests while in queue for random dungeons.

You will come across cool people and you will come across jerks. Just don't take things personally, don't rush, enjoy experiencing everything for the first time. In my opinion, you should also save those level boosts for when you already have at least one max level char and decide to re-roll to another. Don't make the mistake I did and spend a boost on a class I was unfamiliar with, only to feel lost and later end up not even playing it.
    Last edited by Vexione; 2017-04-24 at 07:29 AM.

Have fun with it. It's really a great game.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    If you like grind type games have fun, otherwise switch of game

Deleted
    I would say don't think of the game as "what is my most efficient way to get max level etc, most gold per minute, etc etc".

Just explore, there is so many cool things to see and do along the way that you will miss if you just rush to max level.

Take your time uncovering the map for instance, do some group content to see if you like it.
    (But as Vexione said: most people in there have done it 1200 times before and they just rush through it all, and you will most likely feel lost and think "whats going on here?" before it's over. That is a shame, but dont let it discourage you). There is plenty of cool helpful people around

Quote Originally Posted by Rijen5 View Post
    Hi, I just bought the game with Legion too and I was wondering if I should focus on the quests or focus on raid groups. Which would benefit me more? That would help me a lot, thanks.
    You focus on the grind... AP and legendaries where ever you can find them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rijen5 View Post
    Theres a specific way to do things, especially as a new player (You can't really take short cuts if you don't know the content)

1) Quest up to 110
    2) I could be wrong but I think the first 110 of each account still has to get friendly or honored to unlock world quests and flight whistle
    3) Do world quests and heroics to get some starter gear - this shouldn't take too long, especially with the ilvl increase,
    4) Keep up the WQ's as they scale with your ilvl, Start doing Mythic version of the dungeons - you can't que for these you need to manually make your own group. At this point as well you should be able to get into LFR - Emerald nightmare and ToV
    5) Start using keystones and get into keystone groups - Its mythic dungeons but with a timer and increased difficulty again, faster time = more / better loot. Higher keystones = better loot.
    6) Once you get 840-860 start your own EN run. Go into the group maker and literally call it this "EN Normal, Quick Legend run 880+" It'll take a few minutes, but once you have a tank the group will form really quickly. (You can take 860 to 870, but its better to advertise higher, also be nice and take one or two people who are 840 ish or lower, you know karma what goes around comes around)
    7) Once your confident in normal, do the same as above but with heroic, make sure you look up a few guides so you don't die to anything silly
    8) Start trying to join ToV and NH normal runs or even form your own groups

Once you get to NH normal, you should have a decent grasp of whats going on, everything I've posted is how you can do it all solo, but I'd recommend finding a guild. Look for a nice social chatty guild that are casually progressing normal is your best option. Maybe a guild thats brand new set up this way, it'll give you time to catch up with your artifact wep as well. Don't bother joining one thats heroic progress, odds are they'll bat you out of the door because of your artifact being low.