New to Destruction Warlock -- Reliance on BiS Legendaries?

Same as title. Looking to maybe play another spec in ToS and was wondering if there is a large performance difference between a good Destruction with BiS legendaries and a good Destruction without BiS legendaries?

Deleted
    I wouldn't say there is not, but there is not a huge different between bis and without bis. They all suck, not even situational (since the situationnal ones have all been nerfed lol), so don't worry about this.
    The good thing is that you're not completely dependant on this to do a good perf.

There is a huge difference between playing CDF build and SC build with feretory. Maybe not in sims, but the spec becomes much simpler, easier and more natural to play when you get that legendary. And performance wise, destruction warlock is currently a waste of a raid spot on every fight except elisande, legendaries or not

Shoulder makes a good difference if you know how to use it.

Feretory makes your rotation smoother.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oziemaster View Post
    was wondering if there is a large performance difference between a good Destruction with BiS legendaries and a good Destruction without BiS legendaries?
    I agree with both of you, especially with the SC build with feretory. But no, there is not a "large" difference performance. If you have feretory you can go SC, but if you don't have it you go CDF and you perform good as well. You can try some sims and you will see that the gap is quite minimal (except if you have a really shitty setup, like back and boots lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Katakas View Post
    I agree with both of you, especially with the SC build with feretory. But no, there is not a "large" difference performance. If you have feretory you can go SC, but if you don't have it you go CDF and you perform good as well. You can try some sims and you will see that the gap is quite minimal (except if you have a really shitty setup, like back and boots lol).
    Considering the current position of Destruction, I don't think "perform good" is an apt description.

Every spec relies on BIS legos in some way, but Destro absolutely "feels" better with Feretory.

I got a Lessons of Space-Time and then Feretory of Souls and my dps increased by 120k+. These were the only changes to my gear from one week to the next. I was lucky and got them 30 hours apart.

Feretory feels mandatory for a much smoother rotation than without it.
    Last edited by Amonthar; 2017-05-02 at 04:56 PM.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Last year, in band camp, i got a feretory and some lessons and ma dps went from small limp to big black dick!

Anecdotal evidence doesn't help in this thread. Yes, those are BiS and, yes, you're gonna see a difference in dps and smoothness of chaos bolt casting having those 2 leggies.

They are absolutely NOT needed, nor the spec is reliant on them. Prydaz is a solid, staple choice for a legendary and so are the trinket and/or the boots. Also, pants equals blink for locks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Last year, in band camp, i got a feretory and some lessons and ma dps went from small limp to big black dick!

Anecdotal evidence doesn't help in this thread. Yes, those are BiS and, yes, you're gonna see a difference in dps and smoothness of chaos bolt casting having those 2 leggies.

They are absolutely NOT needed, nor the spec is reliant on them. Prydaz is a solid, staple choice for a legendary and so are the trinket and/or the boots. Also, pants equals blink for locks.
    god, My first lego dropped yday and I got pillars of the dark portal. which is absolutely shit. I hate how some legendaries are the best thing ever and others don't even add anything to your dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicelord View Post
    god, My first lego dropped yday and I got pillars of the dark portal. which is absolutely shit. I hate how some legendaries are the best thing ever and others don't even add anything to your dps.
    That's the thing though you also haven't learnt to value their utility yet. Are other ones better? For sure but there are also worse ones without so many stats or a decent use and hence you can't really say the pants add nothing. Most people I have spoken to are actually quite sad when they have to give up their double portal!

I'm proudly sporting my fish bubble neck which again apart from the insane stat stick it is also means less movement=more dps time.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicelord View Post
    Every Legendary is 940 ilvl. Just their ilvl and stats add a LOT of dps. The pants have a hugeton of INT on them, so, please think before you spew hastingly conclusions.