Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean.. 7.3 being 6 months away doesn't really surprise me or anger me. Legion's schedule has been pretty good at this point.

Well they said today mid june for ToS raid, and 5 months is a good pace for the next one. So Argus in mid nov, and the raid in mid Jan, sounds good to me.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    So? It's only 9 bosses instead of the usual 12-14. 7.2 Added nothing in terms of content, but one dungeon and reused zone. We have been dry of content since nighthold released, whihc was january. There needs to be a 7.1 sized patch in between at least man.
    If it's really 6 months, even WoD had a better release schedule..
    Continuation of class hall campaign for all classses, pvp brawls, artifact challenge, paragon rep levels and so on....next time read patch notes before QQ no content XD

6 more months until we get another 12 weeks of 1 quest a week content. Legion is shaping up to be something spectacular, isn't it?

Article probably needs a revision. 7.3, the patch will not be six months after 7.2, just like 7.2 wasn't six months after Nighthold. The correct assumption is that the 7.3 raid will be six months away. 7.3, with all its content on Argus, will likely come about three to four months after Tomb of Sargeras launches, with the raid debuting a month or two later.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you expect 7.3 to launch with a raid, yes. If you expect 7.3 to act like 7.2 (release with a raid associated with it a few months down the line) we can get it in ~4 months

Quote Originally Posted by aikanaro View Post
    Raid------------ Encounters -----------Time til next tier
    MC----------10(11 with onyxia)-------------7 Months
    BWL-----------------8----------------------6 Months
    AQ---------15 (when added together)--------5 Months
    Naxx40--------------19---------------------7 Months
    Tier 4---------------13------------------------None
    Tier 5---------------10---------------------4 Months
    Tier 6---------------16---------------------8 Months
    Sunwell--------------6--------------------- 8 Months
    Tier 7----------21 (19 re-used)-----------4 Months
    Tier 8---------------14---------------------4 Months
    Tier 9----------------5---------------------4 Months
    Tier 10--------------12---------------------6 Months
    Ruby Sanctum--------4---------------------6 Months
    Tier 11---------------13--------------------6 Months
    Tier 12---------------7---------------------5 Months
    Tier 13---------------7---------------------9 Months
    Tier 14---------------16--------------------7 Months
    Tier 15---------------12--------------------6 Months
    Tier 16---------------14--------------------14 Months
    Highmaul--------------7---------------------3 Months
    Tier 17---------------10--------------------4 Months
    Tier 18---------------13--------------------15 Months
    Emerald Nightmare----6---------------------1 Month
    Trial of Valor----------3---------------------3 Months
    Tier 19--------------10---------------------5 Months (ETA)
    Tier 20---------------9---------------------(no real ETA)

Do with this what you will...
    I count 12 of them being 12 or more bosses. Eventhough you split some tiers into multiple parts

ToS isnt even out and you guys wanna whine about 7.3 already

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    I count 12 of them being 12 or more bosses. Eventhough you split some tiers into multiple parts
    I split them based on release date and left out the troll raids. I was more trying to point out the number of bosses and distance between the time it was released.
    Heroes get remembered.... but legends never die!

Deleted
    They actually pacing the content how they should? WELL THAT JUST RUSTLES ALL OF MY JIMMIES.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    Article probably needs a revision. 7.3, the patch will not be six months after 7.2, just like 7.2 wasn't six months after Nighthold. The correct assumption is that the 7.3 raid will be six months away. 7.3, with all its content on Argus, will likely come about three to four months after Tomb of Sargeras launches,
    Hopefully you are right because I don't think the game will do well with no interesting content for the next 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    ToS isnt even out and you guys wanna whine about 7.3 already
    Most players don't care about the raiding stuff.

7+ Year Old Account
    We thought 7.2 would be in Aug if they were spanning things out, yet it showed up 4 months ahead. Hard to say when things will hit the PTR and then the live servers.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    7.3 coming out in October makes sense. With 7.3.5 and the raid coming right after the holidays. Honestly it's pretty perfect.

If they wanted to make a good timeline for the next expansion, that means that the 8.0 patch with pre-expansion events would need to launch in mid summer. January to August would mean an 8 month final tier, which is much better than we've gotten in like, the last several expansions. It would also pretty much mean a perfect 2 year cycle on the expansion.

They could curb that 8 month cycle by putting in one final filler patch in the middle (around May). A theoretically 7.4 could be a patch to tie up loose ends or be a bigger pre-expansion lead in than we have grown accustom to in the past. Whether it would be exclusively story or what not I don't know, but it could also be a short raid with several bosses (think ToV), that helps them stretch out Legion until late August, where the expansion truly would be 2 years old.

Personally I'm fine with either of the approaches and I've been happy with how they've released content this expansion. I think the timeline I constructed above in regards to 7.3 and 7.3.5 will likely be spot on, but in regards to if they hit the 2 year expansion cycle and if they have something between the 8 months.. I have no idea.

Best expansion in years, with vastly more content than any before... yes, some issues, but it has surpassed every expectation after WoD's shitshow, yet people are already making whiney threads about the most absurd stuff ever... oh no, a patch will last 6 months... woopidy doo... did you all forget the 12-14 months of SoO, Dragon Soul and ICC?

Holy hell.

I'd actually like for them to SLOW DOWN. Content is coming out too friggin fast as it is. Nighthold will have lasted 5 months when ToS releases, that's not enough imo. At least 1 more month would be optimal.

Their goal is to avoid the content drought we had since Wrath, so releasing content at the pace they've been doing makes sense. About 5-6 months per raid sounds good to me.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    Hopefully you are right because I don't think the game will do well with no interesting content for the next 6 months.
    They are not interesting to you. ToS will keep me busy more than 4 months.
    If you think content pacing is bad in Legion, you need to get your brain checked.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

10+ Year Old Account
    7.3 will be around 6 months after 7.2. They space raids out now so that they can have a story leading into the raid. 7.3 will be 2-4 months after 7.2.5 launches in June. Late September makes sense, with the ptr launching in early-mid July. This is not new guys. Its been 6 months between big patches since 2007.

Boy that sure is a lot of "maybe" in that article.

Is there so little to do right now that we've resulted to posting articles that are just guessing things?

How sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    7.3 coming out in October makes sense. With 7.3.5 and the raid coming right after the holidays. Honestly it's pretty perfect.

If they wanted to make a good timeline for the next expansion, that means that the 8.0 patch with pre-expansion events would need to launch in mid summer. January to August would mean an 8 month final tier, which is much better than we've gotten in like, the last several expansions. It would also pretty much mean a perfect 2 year cycle on the expansion.

They could curb that 8 month cycle by putting in one final filler patch in the middle (around May). A theoretically 7.4 could be a patch to tie up loose ends or be a bigger pre-expansion lead in than we have grown accustom to in the past. Whether it would be exclusively story or what not I don't know, but it could also be a short raid with several bosses (think ToV), that helps them stretch out Legion until late August, where the expansion truly would be 2 years old.

Personally I'm fine with either of the approaches and I've been happy with how they've released content this expansion. I think the timeline I constructed above in regards to 7.3 and 7.3.5 will likely be spot on, but in regards to if they hit the 2 year expansion cycle and if they have something between the 8 months.. I have no idea.
    7.2.5- June 20th
    7.3- September 12th
    Blizzcon and next expansion announcement- November 3rd
    7.3.5 and Argus raid- November 28th
    7.4 filler-March
    Beta-April
    Expansion launch- September